Default Who knows what Evil Lurks.....

The Batman and The Shadow are going to meet again or the first time depending on what's canon in a limited series.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...-riley-rossmo/
    The Self is the only existing reality

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

My recommendations are

The Shadow Year One
    The Shadow The Death of Margo Lane (both from Matt Wagner)
    The Shadow (movie with Alec Baldwin)

Is there a good documentary on The Shadow?

"Im Mary Poppins Yall!" Aioros22's Avatar

What, no O`Neil/Kaluta Shadow?

I highly recommend the "The Shadow: Blood and Judgement" by Howard Chaykin as well as the following run by Hefter and Sienkiewicz. Purists may not like moderm inceptions on the character like using uzis and other stuff but the characterization of the main character and his league are throught entertaining and well done and the kickass art doesn`t fail to help.

Not sure about a documentary but the collection of his radio adventures are likely public domain by now.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

"Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

"Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    The Batman and The Shadow are going to meet again or the first time depending on what's canon in a limited series.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...-riley-rossmo/
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I have to admit, all these crossovers just don't suck me in. Likely because my favorite characters (Spoiler, Huntress) aren't showing up in them, so I can't get over my "It's not canon, and thus won't contribute to the development of the universe I care about" issue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have to admit, all these crossovers just don't suck me in. Likely because my favorite characters (Spoiler, Huntress) aren't showing up in them, so I can't get over my "It's not canon, and thus won't contribute to the development of the universe I care about" issue.
    I'm in the same boat. The only crossover DC has made in recent years that has interested me in Justice League/Power Rangers, and that's just because I'm a Power Rangers nut.

If a book doesn't feature someone on this list, I'm not interested:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profil...rogress/65132/

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I'm in the same boat. The only crossover DC has made in recent years that has interested me in Justice League/Power Rangers, and that's just because I'm a Power Rangers nut.

If a book doesn't feature someone on this list, I'm not interested:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profil...rogress/65132/
    Haha, that's a very nice list. I wish I loved that many characters.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Haha, that's a very nice list. I wish I loved that many characters.
    Heh. Yeah, it comes with having been reading comics your entire life.

Heh. Yeah, it comes with having been reading comics your entire life.
    That might be it. I read a couple of Batman comics in high school (from whence comes my love of Sasha Bordeaux), but didn't really start until middle of college.

That might be it. I read a couple of Batman comics in high school (from whence comes my love of Sasha Bordeaux), but didn't really start until middle of college.
    Batman is a nice, safe place to start with comics. My first comic was Adventure Comics #247, the first appearance of the Legion.

Batman is a nice, safe place to start with comics. My first comic was Adventure Comics #247, the first appearance of the Legion.
    Well, the two comics I remember are the issue where Superman visits No Man's Land, and the issue where Sasha is in jail for murdering Vesper. Dunno how safe those are, since they're smack in two of the more convoluted crossovers Batman had during that time.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    What, no O`Neil/Kaluta Shadow?

I highly recommend the "The Shadow: Blood and Judgement" by Howard Chaykin as well as the following run by Hefter and Sienkiewicz. Purists may not like moderm inceptions on the character like using uzis and other stuff but the characterization of the main character and his league are throught entertaining and well done and the kickass art doesn`t fail to help.

Not sure about a documentary but the collection of his radio adventures are likely public domain by now.
    Sounds great, did not know that. Thanks.
    What bugs me about the Shadow is there is no development or much to know about him. Same goes for many characters but he's extreme. Some of his oneliners are too cheesy maybe he has a sense of humor nobody gets? My guess is Batman's Grey Ghost owes him a lot.