Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Is it still true that mutants can't catch AIDS?

That used to be the gimmick in the 90s...is that still what they are running with?

Let's just forget that this happened pls.

Spectacular Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Like all things Austin, this is not to be spoken of, on penalty of being shut in a room with Nurse Annie sharing her Iceman/Havok golden shower fic.

But for a serious answer, no, I don't think anyone has bought that up in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Like all things Austin, this is not to be spoken of, on penalty of being shut in a room with Nurse Annie sharing her Iceman/Havok golden shower fic.

But for a serious answer, no, I don't think anyone has bought that up in forever.
    Sweet Jack Kirby but is there one thing, one of Austin run that is worth remebering?!?
    I'm open minded about X-men at whole, you know, but even I, a Shark Girl fan, can't stomach lot of Austin run(Stacy-X was an intriguing idea with lot of pential but develioped with the finesse and subtlety of an horny 14 years old).
    The Nadir was when....Angel and Husk did it on the porch of tha Guthrie family, in front of her mother...killing poor Husk character for times to go...Just talking abnotu it made me want to have shower...arrgh

Add-on: found this online https://comicdomwrecks.wordpress.com...austens-x-men/ I think it would help rembering those dark times to prevent them to come back....
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 03-20-2017 at 02:43 PM.

It was never true.

Husk just didn't know what she was talking about.

I like the fact he made it canon that Jubilee loved Skin (Angelo) and wished she would have had sex with him before he died!

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post

I want to know in what title and issue did the notion of mutants being immune to HIV/AIDS actually surface...
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I like the fact he made it canon that Jubilee loved Skin (Angelo) and wished she would have had sex with him before he died!
    Jubilee said on panel she wanted to bang skin? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Jubilee said on panel she wanted to bang skin? Lol
    Yep! It was a conversation she had with Husk. I'll have to post the scans later!

She tells her she wishes she would have got naked with him.

https://twitter.com/slicknickshady/s...25769506099204

IMG_0014.jpg
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 03-21-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Many humans with ancestors from areas particularly ravaged in the Middle Ages by the plague have a immunity to AIDS. Simple and relatively small biologic quirks that allowed their ancestors to survive the waves of plague in Europe mean they are immune to HIV so it actually doesn't take much genetic variation even among ordinary people to make you immune.

Biologists discover why 10% of Europeans are safe from HIV infection

We are talking tiny genetic differences do actually give you immunity to HIV, nothing like having a gene that gives you super powers. 1 in 10 posters here of European ancestry are immune already though without a full DNA test you would never know it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-21-2017 at 05:59 AM.

SSJ Ultra Mega Super God JustAnotherFan's Avatar

Well, if no writer has actually retconned it then that must still be the case though it hasn't been touched on since for some reason, lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I want to know in what title and issue did the notion of mutants being immune to HIV/AIDS actually surface...
    It was UXM Vol 1 #427. I just recently read Austen run in its entirety for shits and giggles (and boy it really was something!) so this is still freshly in my mind.

Here's even the panels from the actual book:

Mutants cant get aids.jpg

http://www.cbr.com/things-that-turne...cant-get-aids/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Well, if no writer has actually retconned it then that must still be the case though it hasn't been touched on since for some reason, lol

It was UXM Vol 1 #427. I just recently read Austen run in its entirety for shits and giggles (and boy it really was something!) so this is still freshly in my mind.

Mutants cant get aids.jpg

He just says it with such absolute certainty. You would of thought Dark Beast or Sinister would of said this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post

He just says it with such absolute certainty. You would of thought Dark Beast or Sinister would of said this.
    O'k, according to adult Warren, mutants can't acquire AIDS/HIV -- but, in the past they've acquired the "Legacy Virus", and most recently "M-Pox" -- IMHO, both afflictions are analogies of AIDS/HIV.
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Do they also have special immunity to common cold?
    The Self is the only existing reality

Is it still true that mutants can't catch AIDS?
    only if they have a jar of gypsy tears.