Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Priest enjoyed Steel even more than his acclaimed BP, so I think he'd come back to it if they made a serious effort of having him do it. I'd hope for something like that if SW actually ends soon.
    I'm honestly not sure what I feel about the Superwoman idea. I think the Steel property should've gotta a book long before this one, and taking away another non super person from the Superman world is a bad idea, imo. It's fantastic to heart that Priest enjoyed Steel so much. Give the man a strong artist and room to work, and I'm sure DC wouldn't regret it. But till Steel gets a book, Superwoman is the best place to get John and Nat.

I'd generally welcome change ups, but can't think of one I'd want
    I'm pretty good where things are at, but I'd basically kill to have Tom King write and define this Superman. The man seems to have the ability write virtually any property as if he were a life long super-fan of it. Like did you know that King got Vision at random? He didn't go to Marvel and demand to write him. But, you could've fooled me given how imaginative and lore soaked the run was. He turned the mediocre prospect of those Darkseid war tie-ins into one of the single best GL stories in decades.

I'd be more than willing to roll the dice on him and shake up the current team to accommodate him, even though I'm having a great time with the books.

ATOMIC SUPERMAN, EARTH-25 Atomic Man's Avatar

What does Jurgens' age or gender have to do with writing the comic? You should take a good look at the history of Supergirl writers, starting with the 48 year old man who created her.

As for New Super-man, I'm not sure how long we have left at all but I'll enjoy it all the way through. Most consistent title at DC imo.
    Thanks for saying this more politely than I would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm honestly not sure what I feel about the Superwoman idea. I think the Steel property should've gotta a book long before this one, and taking away another non super person from the Superman world is a bad idea, imo. It's fantastic to heart that Priest enjoyed Steel so much. Give the man a strong artist and room to work, and I'm sure DC wouldn't regret it. But till Steel gets a book, Superwoman is the best place to get John and Nat.

I'm pretty good where things are at, but I'd basically kill to have Tom King write and define this Superman. The man seems to have the ability write virtually any property as if he were a life long super-fan of it. Like did you know that King got Vision at random? He didn't go to Marvel and demand to write him. But, you could've fooled me given how imaginative and lore soaked the run was. He turned the mediocre prospect of those Darkseid war tie-ins into one of the single best GL stories in decades.

I'd be more than willing to roll the dice on him and shake up the current team to accommodate him, even though I'm having a great time with the books.
    Steel is one of DC's most underutilized characters and has the potential to be the Tony Stark/Iron Man of the DCU but also, much more. I'd have much preferred Steel on the JL instead of Cyborg, who should remain with the Titans. Now that the New 52 is slowly but surely being erased, I hope Steel can get a regular series again. Even a Steelworks book with Natasha and Lana would be great.

What does Jurgens' age or gender have to do with writing the comic? You should take a good look at the history of Supergirl writers, starting with the 48 year old man who created her.

As for New Super-man, I'm not sure how long we have left at all but I'll enjoy it all the way through. Most consistent title at DC imo.
    You are forgeting the context that wich comics are mostly a male industry. So would be really anormal for men not having written supergirl for decades.

about ag enad gender? it's always about this not happening;

New paint, same engine Kuwagaton's Avatar

I didn't forget that. It was and is unfortunate but despite that, we have the testimony of Diana Schultz. Schultz is one of the most significant female figures in the mainstream comic industry. She did a foreword for the Supergirl Archives talking about how she cut her teeth on those comics. When she was ten years old, Binder was older than Jurgens is now. So what I'm saying is that it shouldn't somehow be an issue now, after Binder, David, Sekowsky, Stern, etc. People enjoyed them just fine. It's kinda strange to single out Jurgens for an insult based on age and gender.

It'd be great if more people bought and discussed Tamaki and Jones killing it on their Supergirl title, if we're hoping to see some progress.

I didn't love how they bait and switched on Lois, but I understand wanting to produce something new and being clever to sell it. I might as well link Priest because his description was great.
    http://digitalpriest.com/legacy/comics/steel.html

I can believe he'd do well, Vision was top notch. Like, the Vision comic I dreamed of for years and never had.

I feel like, a year or so ago, I would've been all for King on a Superman title. But reading his Batman run now...I don't know.

Maybe what's clicked with me about King prior could be found again in a Superman title or maybe I'm just picky .

I didn't love how they bait and switched on Lois, but I understand wanting to produce something new and being clever to sell it. I might as well link Priest because his description was great.
    http://digitalpriest.com/legacy/comics/steel.html
    Just read issue #34, and I think I'm in love! It's like this strange mix of Moore's Tom Strong (long before it), a Superman cartoon, and Mad parody comic strip. It's so amazingly fun an exuberant. My only issue is with the art, honestly. I don't think it's quite the style it needs to be in order to get the feel of the book across at a glance. But that could just be a taste/age issue on my part. I don't say this often, but this book was well ahead of it's time.

I'd kill for Priest to come back and do a Steelworks book with John, Nat, and Lana. Make it into this delightfully dysfunctional Superman world with dash of social conciseness. Put a great and fitting artist on it (any idea what Chris Sprouseis up to?), and really put some effort int marketing the book.

I can believe he'd do well, Vision was top notch. Like, the Vision comic I dreamed of for years and never had.
    I must confess command over not only the family dynamic of abnormal family, but also his ability to work with, celebrate, and re contextualize past continuity is what has me basically salivating over the idea of him working on Superman as we know him today. Reborn and the family have set the stage for a creator to come in and really stretch their legs and do something special and character defining. Add in the hypothetical idea of Priest doing a sort of dysfunctional take over on the other side, and I'm in comic book heave. Add in the idea that Tomasi, Gleason, and Jimenez are continuing Jon's development, and I may start to question if I'm dead or not.

I know the idea of switching creators right when we got a good thing going is scary, and there's no telling how long King would be able to write Superman while still heading up the Bat world....but, honestly, I'd take that risk if it meant the sort of payout I'm imagining.

I didn't forget that. It was and is unfortunate but despite that, we have the testimony of Diana Schultz. Schultz is one of the most significant female figures in the mainstream comic industry. She did a foreword for the Supergirl Archives talking about how she cut her teeth on those comics. When she was ten years old, Binder was older than Jurgens is now. So what I'm saying is that it shouldn't somehow be an issue now, after Binder, David, Sekowsky, Stern, etc. People enjoyed them just fine. It's kinda strange to single out Jurgens for an insult based on age and gender.
    completely different context, being a teenage now is completely different from being a teen 50 years ago. Things happen faster and faster, and te difference between generations is getting bigger. It's funnier how millenials definition works, people with 30 and 14 are on that definition but have worlds of difference on culture/way of life.
    One person interest can't be the final say on the matter, as i know on YA there is lot of female writers
    women are singled out because of gender and age for a long time. I like Jurgens as writer, but he shouldn't take over supergirl

It'd be great if more people bought and discussed Tamaki and Jones killing it on their Supergirl title, if we're hoping to see some progress.
    jurgens on other hand wouldn't have any good effect

New paint, same engine Kuwagaton's Avatar

I just brought it up because my point is that those factors don't inhibit entertainment or inspiration. But like I said, this is hypothetical whereas Being Super and the regular series both exist and could use the attention instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like, a year or so ago, I would've been all for King on a Superman title. But reading his Batman run now...I don't know.

Maybe what's clicked with me about King prior could be found again in a Superman title or maybe I'm just picky .
    I just happened to experience his run with the rebirth special and #16, which apparently other people also dug. But I see it gets a mixed reaction elsewhere.

Just read issue #34, and I think I'm in love! It's like this strange mix of Moore's Tom Strong (long before it), a Superman cartoon, and Mad parody comic strip. It's so amazingly fun an exuberant. My only issue is with the art, honestly. I don't think it's quite the style it needs to be in order to get the feel of the book across at a glance. But that could just be a taste/age issue on my part. I don't say this often, but this book was well ahead of it's time.
    I dunno. I was always a big fan of Cowan, and him being friends with a second cousin of mine didn't hurt haha. Sprouse is on Black Panther, btw

Clem Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

Without getting too into it, maybe someone that complains about millennials and college students isn't that great a pick to write a comic book starring a character that's in that age range.
    First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

SUPERWOMAN #11
    Written by K. PERKINS • Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and ART THIBERT • Cover by KEN LASHLEY • Variant cover by RENATO GUEDES
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “Rediscovery” part three! Former friends duke it out as Superwoman squares off against…Natasha Irons?! In the battle to contain the freed Stryker’s inmates, Lana and Natasha are split over what to do about Natasha’s criminal father, Crash.
    On sale JUNE 14 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    I really like this cover, very nice artwork.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Though he didn't copy electric blue suit
    I think I just saw a good story premise.

Make another half-kryptonian half-cyborg body.

Dunk it into the sun, just like Superman did once.

Keep doing it until the body get energy powers. Henshaw can't die so its all good (or bad).

Ta-da, Cyborg-Superman Blue!