Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DC Comics June 2017 Solicitations

Damn you beat me to it by literally a minute lol.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE-321 View Post
    Damn you beat me to it by literally a minute lol.
    Sorry about that .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #8
    Written by STEVE ORLANDO Art by FELIPE WATANABE and SCOTT HANNA

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #9
    Written by STEVE ORLANDO Art by FELIPE WATANABE and SCOTT HANNA
    So much for Ivan Reis being the regular artist on JLA. What a ripoff.

Sorry, DC, but Watanabe, although a decent artist, is nowhere near the legend that Ivan Reis is.

I am not amused. This book is getting yanked off of my pull list immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    So much for Ivan Reis being the regular artist on JLA. What a ripoff.

Sorry, DC, but Watanabe, although a decent artist, is nowhere near the legend that Ivan Reis is.

I am not amused. This book is getting yanked off of my pull list immediately.
    Considering it double ships it would probably be impossible for Reis to draw every issue. As far as I know not a single double shipping series has 1 "regular artist". He might still be back on the next arc.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lanterns, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Daredevil, Royals, Secret Warriors, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Archie, Ninjak, War Mother, XO Manowar.

Dunno how to feel about Rucka's 'anniversary issue' after #25. I certainly hope he is staying.

I guess that if the Tynion/Snyder crossover has something to do the spin of a new generation I will read it

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Considering it double ships it would probably be impossible for Reis to draw every issue. As far as I know not a single double shipping series has 1 "regular artist". He might still be back on the next arc.
    I get it. But we were promised Ivan Reis as the main or lead artist. Instead, he's clearly the back-up who can only do occasional issues.

I did not sign up for that. I want more Reis, less of Watanabe and MacDonald--and Watanabe and MacDonald are doing the majority of the issues.

That is not what I signed up for. Hard pass.

Things I'm incredibly excited for:
    Dark Days: I'm excited for a huge summer event. Especially with Aquaman and Flash involved! The level of coordination Rebirth has had so far has me convinced they can handle a large event well.
    Aquaman 25: A new king! Sejic art! Looks great.
    Batman 25: A war between Joker and Riddler sounds amazing, shocked it has never happened before
    Detective Comics 959: Zatanna!!!!!!!!
    Justice League of America 8: Haven't been picking up the series but the cover looks great and the new character seems interesting. Also interesting to mix the Turok trope w/ superheroes
    Current Pull: Lazarus, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lanterns, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Daredevil, Royals, Secret Warriors, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Archie, Ninjak, War Mother, XO Manowar.

Here's what I'll for sure be getting:
    DARK DAYS: THE FORGE #1
    ACTION COMICS #981-982
    ALL STAR BATMAN #11
    AQUAMAN #24-25
    BATMAN #24-25
    DETECTIVE COMICS #958-959
    THE FLASH #24-25
    GREEN ARROW #24-25
    HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #22-23
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #22-23
    SUPERMAN #24-25
    TITANS #12
    WONDER WOMAN #24-25
    BATMAN/ELMER FUDD SPECIAL #1
    BATMAN/THE SHADOW #3

Maybes:
    BATWOMAN #4
    GREEN LANTERNS #24-25
    SUPER SONS #5
    TRINITY #10
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    I get it. But we were promised Ivan Reis as the main or lead artist. Instead, he's clearly the back-up who can only do occasional issues.

I did not sign up for that. I want more Reis, less of Watanabe and MacDonald--and Watanabe and MacDonald are doing the majority of the issues.

That is not what I signed up for. Hard pass.
    I can get that, but I had a feeling Reis wouldn't be able to consistently keep up with the book. As long as it looks fine, I can live with it.

I enjoy Orlando's writing and the team roster enough to still support the book and hope it succeeds, though I hope this issue with Reis doesn't hurt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can get that, but I had a feeling Reis wouldn't be able to consistently keep up with the book. As long as it looks fine, I can live with it.

I enjoy Orlando's writing and the team roster enough to still support the book and hope it succeeds, though I hope this issue with Reis doesn't hurt it.
    I see your points. My beef? We were sold a bill of goods and the implication was this book would be a showcase for fans of Ivan Reis's work. I don't appreciate DC misleading us. At no time were we told that Watanabe and MacDonald were the lead artists on this book. Again, hard pass there. Sorry, but no dice.

I like Steve Orlando's writing very much, but I can't say I'm a fan of Watanabe or MacDonald. Their art is...okay. But it's not good enough for me to buy 2 issues a month from them.

I'd dropped Cyborg, but DC added newcomer Allan Jefferson whose artwork looks amazing. I'll drop JLA which opens a slot to put Cyborg back on my pull list.

Really excited that the details behind Batwoman's kidnapping sound like they'll be revealed. Issue #4 is also scheduled for her 11th anniversary, which is cool.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

DCU:
    Batman #24-25
    Batwoman #4
    Cyborg #13 (Maybe, close to dropping this)
    DC Comics Bombshells #28-29
    Deathstroke #20 (Pissed off that this is monthly now)
    Detective Comics #958-959
    Flash #24-25
    Green Lanterns #24-25
    Justice League of America #8-9 (Maybe, haven't liked it so far)
    New Super-Man #12
    Suicide Squad #19-20
    Supergirl #10 (Same as Cyborg)
    Supergirl: Being Super #4
    Superman #24-25
    Super Sons #5
    The Wild Storm #5
    The Rise and Fall of Captain Atom #6
    Aquaman #25 (Maybe, want to buy it for Sejic but I haven't read any of it since the Rebirth #1)
    Dark Days: The Forge #1 (Maybe)
    Batman/Elmer Fudd Special #1
    Martian Manhunter/Marvin The Martian Special #1

Hanna Barbera:
    Flintstones #12
    Scooby Apocalypse #14

Young Animal:
    Doom Patrol #9
    Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye #9
    Shade the Changing Girl #9
    Mother Panic #8
    Bug: The Adventures of Forager #2

Vertigo:
    Savage Things #4

All this round of solicitations brought was disappointment. $3.99 issues on four of my twice monthlies, 1 Hanna Barbera book left with Flintstones ending (though I do expect more to come), 1 Vertigo book left, and Deathstroke going monthly.
    Last edited by SkyMason21; 03-20-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Thoughts:

- I kind of have to roll my eyes at an event centered around Batman keeping dark secrets from the Justice League for the umpteenth time, but the multiversal and "generations" implication certainly has my attention. Could this be related to the JSA?

- I wonder if the people of Atlantis are really that upset with Arthur that they'd depose him for an extremist? But hey, we get a "take back the crown" storyline with Stjepan Seijic .

- Holy crud, OMAC!? What's he doing there ?

- Looking forward to the Green Lantern/Flash team-up, and maybe Wally II meeting Hal? And then we get a Flash vs. Reverse-Flash arc, which should be awesome. Happy to have Thawne back.

- I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Percy would bring back Star City and try to make it "topical" by including influences of corporations running amuck. And Green Arrow and Black Canary break-up for the umpteenth time, which I hope doesn't last too long given they've only been reunited for 25 issues (at least Dinah is still in the book). Also looks like Roy is going to see Cheshire in this arc as well...

- Glad to hear that Simon and Jessica will finally be getting the training they so woefully need, though with the added complication of having new partners forced on them by the end of it. And Volthoom infiltrates Mogo as a Guardian, which can't end well.

- I wonder who the accused Lantern Hal will defend is? And I figured Guy and Arkillo would end up as partners.

- Monster Valley sounds like an interesting, fun, arc for JLA.

- Of course Harley would end up becoming the new leader of the Suicide Squad. It was always going to come down to this .

Forge... from that cover... reminds me of Multiversity... hmmmm

Aquaman cover is amazing.

Batman... good to see Riddler getting primetime use.

Blue Beetle... who's the speedster?

Detective Comics... New52 may have been rough for Zatanna (well, everything since Identity Crisis has been rough for her -I think she's in competition with Wanda as they've both had to live down atrocious uses), but she does make nice covers.

Justice League - "And how can the Justice League exist when all aliens are outlaws?" Isn't Superman the only alien on the team? And he could easily pass for human.

Suicide Squad... Oh, look! It's Lilith on the cover! Oh, wait... Seriously, though... They really should rename the book 'Task Force X' or 'Extreme Justice' as all the characters have become too important to be expendable.

Superman... a new power for Jon? uh-oh, that usually spells flub. Meanwhile... it looks like he's projecting Kryptonite energy.

Teen Titans... I doubt he'll be gone long.

Titans... please be the catalyst for Lilith changing costumes.

Fall and Rise of Captain Atom... looks like Nate needs to doing more squats.

Batman '66 - Nightwing '77 just seems like a natural. And look at Ra's being all pimpy.

Flintstones - final issue.

Bug! - oh, man... this looks GOOD. I'm glad DC finally came to their senses and put Allred on a Kirby property.

Justice League International gets an Omnibus. Looks like it will be two volumes because it's only missing the last year of both JLI/A and JLE ,and the JLIQuarterly run.

And no sign of the JSA '92 mini-series trade.

Now, for my picks:

Definitely:
    Titans #12
    Bug!: The Adventures of Forager #2

Maybe:
    Deathstroke #20
    Teen Titans #9

Eventually:
    Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77 #6
    Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye #9
    Doom Patrol #9
    Shade the Changing Girl #9
    Mother Panic #8
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-20-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    "The definition of all ages is its not just for little kids." - Greg Goldstein, President of IDW.
    Currently reading: Camelot 3000, Dreadstar, Omega Men