Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider books for June 2017

It's solicitation time again folks! From Newsarama, we have...
    http://www.newsarama.com/33657-marve...s-preview.html

EDGE OF VENOMVERSE #1 (of 5)
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • ROLAND BOSCHI (A)
    Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    Variant Cover by RON LIM
    TEASER VARIANT COVER BY FRANCESCO MATTINA
    EDGE of VENOM-VERSE starts here!
    The series that sets up the epic VENOM EVENT of 2017 STARTS HERE! Each issue introduces another major Venomized character that will feed into VENOMVERSE itself! THIS ISSUE, the young mutant clone designated X-23 collides with a cryogenic tube containing a strange alien symbiote during her frenzied escape from The Facility, . Bonding with the alien enhances her already considerable abilities, and aids in her escape, but it begins to alter her mind! On the run from the very people that made her, can X-23 hold it together or is she doomed to give in to Venom!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

VENOM #151
    MIKE COSTA (w) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (a)
    COVER BY Francisco Herrera
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by Francesco Mattina
    “THE LAND BEFORE CRIME” Starts Here!
    • Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
    • While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN!
    • Can Venom postpone feasting on Spider-Man’s brain long enough to stop Stegron from turning everyone in New York into a bloodthirsty dinosaur?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #28
    DAN SLOTT (w) • STUART IMMONEN (a)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    OSBORN VS. SPIDER-MAN! NO HOLDS BARRED!
    • The outcome of this battle will change both of these men.
    • And that’s nothing to say of Osborn’s master plan that Spider-Man is powerless to save! ONLY SILVER SABLE AND MOCKINGBIRD STAND A CHANCE!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29
    DAN SLOTT (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
    • As revealed in ASM #25, Otto Octavius is back as THE SUPERIOR OCTOPUS!!!
    • And Ock has a mission to take down the company that he helped create: PARKER INDUSTRIES!!!
    • Does Spider-Man stand a chance?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Thoughts:

- So...this is all leading up to a Venomverse event?

- Why does Brock and the Symbiote hate Spider-Man again, and more then ever? Not that I mind because now we finally have the original Venom back and hating on Spider-Man, but it feels like a dramatic shift to make these two come after Spidey and be all "eating brains" again. But hey, Stegron .

- Why am I not surprised that Peter needs Mockingbird and Sable's help to save the day? And I'm kind of numbed to a climactic showdown between Peter and Norman when we've got Ock for the umpteenth time after this arc, and I imagine Slott will probably put more effort there.

- Can't believe I'm actually rooting for Ock, especially an Ock who's thrown in with Hydra, but if it means taking down Parker Industries...plus, this being Ock, Slott will probably make sure he wins .

Fantastic Member

Rosenberg on Venomverse is good to see.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- So...this is all leading up to a Venomverse event?

- Why does Brock and the Symbiote hate Spider-Man again, and more then ever? Not that I mind because now we finally have the original Venom back and hating on Spider-Man, but it feels like a dramatic shift to make these two come after Spidey and be all "eating brains" again. But hey, Stegron .

- Why am I not surprised that Peter needs Mockingbird and Sable's help to save the day? And I'm kind of numbed to a climactic showdown between Peter and Norman when we've got Ock for the umpteenth time after this arc, and I imagine Slott will probably put more effort there.

- Can't believe I'm actually rooting for Ock, especially an Ock who's thrown in with Hydra, but if it means taking down Parker Industries...plus, this being Ock, Slott will probably make sure he wins .
    In order, apparently yes; because f*** progress and change and evolution, that's why; because f*** Peter Parker and everything he stands for or used to stand for, to the last two. Yeah, I'm bitter as hell. And those Mary Jane covers were putting me in such a nice mood until now . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In order, apparently yes; because f*** progress and change and evolution,
    Well, I missed Brock antagonizing or opposing Peter so I'm not completely against it, but I hope the change is explained well. Now all we're missing is Brock knowing Peter's identity...

because f*** Peter Parker and everything he stands for or used to stand for, to the last two.
    Well, yeah .

Well, I missed Brock antagonizing or opposing Peter so I'm not completely against it, but I hope the change is explained well. Now all we're missing is Brock knowing Peter's identity...
    Honestly, I can't say that I miss that. After all that Eddie has been through since then, it just feels like 5 steps backwards for his character. Even the symbiote has no reason to hate Spider-Man and a plot point was made of that back in Venom: Space Knight when they last met.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's solicitation time again folks! From Newsarama, we have...
    http://www.newsarama.com/33657-marve...s-preview.html
    VENOM #151
    MIKE COSTA (w) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (a)
    COVER BY Francisco Herrera
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by Francesco Mattina
    “THE LAND BEFORE CRIME” Starts Here!
    • Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
    • While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN!
    • Can Venom postpone feasting on Spider-Man’s brain long enough to stop Stegron from turning everyone in New York into a bloodthirsty dinosaur?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, I'm so excited. I've been literally waiting years of this issue.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Venom vs. Stegron the dinosaur man just sounds absolutely lovely. The Land Before Crime. Hahahaha.

I too do not understand the implications that Eddie and the symbiote will just be taking back the old mentality unless something happens in the next few issues or they just ignore all the development both have had over the last 10 years. Either way I'm strangely okay with it, though...

That's about the only thing I'm excited for out of these. All the MJ variant covers that have been shown today are looking cool, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, I'm so excited. I've been literally waiting years of this issue.
    Any reason you think it's a strong combination?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, I can't say that I miss that. After all that Eddie has been through since then, it just feels like 5 steps backwards for his character. Even the symbiote has no reason to hate Spider-Man and a plot point was made of that back in Venom: Space Knight when they last met.
    Same here, hence my ranting about "f*** progress and evolution and growth" and stuff like that. On the upside, I am definitely loving X-23/Venom.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I've missed Brock as Venom, and Venom as a Spider-Man villain, so I admit I'm probably biased on that front but I understand the disappointment in seeing character progression and development undone at the drop of a hat. As Spider-Man fans I think we all understand that all too well.

But at the same time, hopefully Costa can come up with a believable way for Brock and the Symbiote to carry forward and as antagonists to Spider-Man that also does justice to their development. I'm not expecting them to pull a DC Rebirth here, especially from the sounds of that solicit, but we'll just have to see.

I'm with everyone on the whole very confused and not liking why we're back to Eddie/Venom hating Spider-Man. Also still a little peeved Flash has basically disappeared into the aether and we still have no idea why he separated from Venom or where he is now.
    Current Reading List: Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Batman/TMNT Adventures, Spider-Gwen, Unbelievable Gwenpool, Hawkeye, Hulk, U.S.Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Secret Empire, Secret Warriors, I Am Groot
    Future: Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Edge Of Venomverse
    DC: Batman, The Flash, Green Lanterns, Batgirl, Superman, Suicide Squad

I'm just curious what it is that's going to drive Brock and the Symbiote to hate Spider-Man again. They should be over their original reason over it so there has to be some excuse for why they would pick up their old vendetta other then "just because."

Maybe Spider-Man is inadvertently responsible for Brock and the Symbiote getting reattached to one another and they're ticked he forced it on them? Or is Price involved in it somehow?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I'm just curious what it is that's going to drive Brock and the Symbiote to hate Spider-Man again. They should be over their original reason over it so there has to be some excuse for why they would pick up their old vendetta other then "just because."

Maybe Spider-Man is inadvertently responsible for Brock and the Symbiote getting reattached to one another and they're ticked he forced it on them? Or is Price involved in it somehow?
    Is the Symbiote and/or Eddie being controlled by someone? Is the Symbiote now an endangered species. I doubt it will be a split Symbiote explanation, but what do I know, right?

I wonder also if the being pissed is for something from superior Spider-Man, where Peter gets blamed for what Ock did in his body.

So many questions...

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Is the Symbiote and/or Eddie being controlled by someone? Is the Symbiote now an endangered species. I doubt it will be a split Symbiote explanation, but what do I know, right?

I wonder also if the being pissed is for something from superior Spider-Man, where Peter gets blamed for what Ock did in his body.

So many questions...
    Really, the only one I can see it being ticked off at is Lee Price given how it's treated him, and Brock would probably agree.

Maybe Spidey saves Price from them and that's what sets Venom off?