Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just curious what it is that's going to drive Brock and the Symbiote to hate Spider-Man again. They should be over their original reason over it so there has to be some excuse for why they would pick up their old vendetta other then "just because."
    Maybe Venom encountered Spidey in the city, tried to say hello, was punched in the face, tied up, and left for the cops. Hey, if it worked for Black Cat...

(If you think I'm being sarcastic, then you are remarkably perceptive.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's solicitation time again folks! From Newsarama, we have...
    http://www.newsarama.com/33657-marve...s-preview.html

EDGE OF VENOMVERSE #1 (of 5)
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • ROLAND BOSCHI (A)
    Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    Variant Cover by RON LIM
    TEASER VARIANT COVER BY FRANCESCO MATTINA
    EDGE of VENOM-VERSE starts here!
    The series that sets up the epic VENOM EVENT of 2017 STARTS HERE! Each issue introduces another major Venomized character that will feed into VENOMVERSE itself! THIS ISSUE, the young mutant clone designated X-23 collides with a cryogenic tube containing a strange alien symbiote during her frenzied escape from The Facility, . Bonding with the alien enhances her already considerable abilities, and aids in her escape, but it begins to alter her mind! On the run from the very people that made her, can X-23 hold it together or is she doomed to give in to Venom!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

VENOM #151
    MIKE COSTA (w) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (a)
    COVER BY Francisco Herrera
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by Francesco Mattina
    “THE LAND BEFORE CRIME” Starts Here!
    • Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
    • While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN!
    • Can Venom postpone feasting on Spider-Man’s brain long enough to stop Stegron from turning everyone in New York into a bloodthirsty dinosaur?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #28
    DAN SLOTT (w) • STUART IMMONEN (a)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    OSBORN VS. SPIDER-MAN! NO HOLDS BARRED!
    • The outcome of this battle will change both of these men.
    • And that’s nothing to say of Osborn’s master plan that Spider-Man is powerless to save! ONLY SILVER SABLE AND MOCKINGBIRD STAND A CHANCE!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29
    DAN SLOTT (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
    • As revealed in ASM #25, Otto Octavius is back as THE SUPERIOR OCTOPUS!!!
    • And Ock has a mission to take down the company that he helped create: PARKER INDUSTRIES!!!
    • Does Spider-Man stand a chance?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Parker Industries will fall, but Doc Ock will lose yet again. Peter may even come to the conclusion that he never wanted to be a CEO anyway and will become a freelance inventor when secret empire ends.
    Last edited by rward777; 03-20-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe Venom encountered Spidey in the city, tried to say hello, was punched in the face, tied up, and left for the cops. Hey, if it worked for Black Cat...

(If you think I'm being sarcastic, then you are remarkably perceptive.)
    Well, I would hope Brock's new motivations as Venom would be handled with more grace then Black Cat's turn as the Queenpin .

Amazing Member

"Spider-Man is powerless to save! ONLY SILVER SABLE AND MOCKINGBIRD STAND A CHANCE!" So again it's up to random members of the cast to save Slott's Spidey, the lamest, most useless version of the character so far. Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Any reason you think it's a strong combination?
    None other than because I love classic Venom.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

So, Spider-Man doesn't get to save the day in his own book by the sounds of that solicitation. Big surprise LOL. Interesting to see X-23 is involved in Venom Verse though.

Astonishing Member

^Yeah, though bear in mind, this isn't the All-New Wolverine, it's an alternate reality version of her who's just starting out. We can expect Vemonized versions of other superheroes in later issues. Maybe one of them will get their own book? This is how Spider-Gwen started out, she debuted in Edge of Spider-Verse #2.

To be fair I haven't been following Venom so I didn't know it was an alt Laura Kinney, so I just assumed (wrongly as it turned out) that it was regular Laura Kinney. Thanks for letting me know though Dignified.

As for a Venomized version of superheroes potentially getting a book out of this, that sounds potentially cool. Wait and see I guess

I am glad to see Eddie Brock back as Venom and Superior Ock is awesome!
    Pull List: Superman, Action Comics, Batman,Titans, Flash, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Youngblood,

Wife's pull list: Wonder Woman

^^^ I'm glad to see that Eddie is going to be Venom as well but as for Superior Ock - I'm just fed up of him at this point LOL.

I hope they are not fighting due to some reason like venom is going to have another baby symbiot and it carries both venoms and peters DNA so essentially he is carrying peters child!!! who he shall consume on birth or send after daddy. Superior Venom 2 or sins of past 2.lol
    The Self is the only existing reality

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I hope they are not fighting due to some reason like venom is going to have another baby symbiot and it carries both venoms and peters DNA so essentially he is carrying peters child!!! who he shall consume on birth or send after daddy. Superior Venom 2 or sins of past 2.lol
    LOL. As I reading this post of yours I was thinking ''WTF?'' Then I thought to myself ''This actually wouldn't be bad...In a weird, wacky sense'' LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    LOL. As I reading this post of yours I was thinking ''WTF?'' Then I thought to myself ''This actually wouldn't be bad...In a weird, wacky sense'' LOL.
    in a weird wacky SPIDER sense. welcome to the baby shower of marvels newest chosen one the amazing can I eat your brains daddy Venom Spider baby.
    The Self is the only existing reality

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #8
    GERRY CONWAY (w) • RYAN STEGMAN (a/C)
    Variant Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    Mary Jane Watson-Parker has been saving the day as Spinneret, but at the cost of some of her husband’s powers. So she’s going to try something new… That’s right, MARY JANE VENOM. It’s on!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    ASMRENEW2016008-COV.jpg
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #8
    GERRY CONWAY (w) • RYAN STEGMAN (a/C)
    Variant Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    Mary Jane Watson-Parker has been saving the day as Spinneret, but at the cost of some of her husband’s powers. So she’s going to try something new… That’s right, MARY JANE VENOM. It’s on!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    ASMRENEW2016008-COV.jpg
    RYV MJ putting on the Venom symbiote? What could possibly go wrong?