Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    6,770

    Default June 2017 solicitations

    http://comicbook.com/2017/03/20/adva...for-june-2017/
    Full solicits tomorrow, but for now...

    DEFENDERS #1

    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A/C)

    Variant Cover by NEAL ADAMS

    Variant Cover by DAVID MACK

    Variant Cover by RON LIM

    Young Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG

    Kirby 100th Anniversary Variant Cover by JACK KIRBY

    Hip-Hop Variant Cover by TBA

    Blank Variant Cover also available

    Daredevil! Luke Cage! Jessica Jones! Iron Fist! Individually, these four heroes have been on the front lines of the battle to keep the streets of the city safe and secure! But now, with a deadly enemy from the dim past making a major move to unite the underworld, they will need to become more — they will need to become DEFENDERS! Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez unite to bring you the next great super-team, in the tradition of NEW AVENGERS!

    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99


    DEFENDERS #2

    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) * DAVID MARQUEZ (A/C)

    VARIANT COVER BY SIMONE BIANCHI

    Battle lines are being drawn across the entire eastern seaboard, as the Defenders desperately try to shut down the new kingpin of New York before he becomes untouchable!
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99


    DAREDEVIL #21

    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GORAN SUDZUKA (A)

    Cover by DAN PANOSIAN

    MARY JANE VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS

    NEW STORY ARC “SUPREME” BEGINS!

    • MATT MURDOCK has a bold new plan to eradicate crime in New York City using the massive power of the LEGAL SYSTEM!

    • But does this mean he’ll have to give up being DAREDEVIL?

    • GUEST-STARRING Luke Cage and Echo!

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

    DAREDEVIL #22

    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GORAN SUDZUKA (A)

    Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.

    “SUPREME” CONTINUES!

    • It’s the biggest case of MATT MURDOCK’s career. But in order to win it…

    • …DAREDEVIL will have to take the witness stand!

    • Be here for the turning point that will kick off the next big phase of the Man Without Fear’s career!

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99


    LUKE CAGE #2

    DAVID F. WALKER (W) • NELSON BLAKE (A)

    Cover by RAHZZAH

    Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

    A BROKEN CAGE!

    • There’s a war brewing in New Orleans…and Luke is right in the middle of it!

    • Luke recovers from a brutal attack with the help of a VERY unsuspected ally!

    • Luke Cage will put body and soul on the line to learn the truth about Dr. Burstein. He might live to regret that. MIGHT.

    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

  2. #2
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    6,770

    Default

    http://www.newsarama.com/33657-marve...s-preview.html

    EDGE OF VENOMVERSE #1 (of 5)
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • ROLAND BOSCHI (A)
    Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    Variant Cover by RON LIM
    TEASER VARIANT COVER BY FRANCESCO MATTINA
    EDGE of VENOM-VERSE starts here!
    The series that sets up the epic VENOM EVENT of 2017 STARTS HERE! Each issue introduces another major Venomized character that will feed into VENOMVERSE itself! THIS ISSUE, the young mutant clone designated X-23 collides with a cryogenic tube containing a strange alien symbiote during her frenzied escape from The Facility, . Bonding with the alien enhances her already considerable abilities, and aids in her escape, but it begins to alter her mind! On the run from the very people that made her, can X-23 hold it together or is she doomed to give in to Venom!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

    VENOM #151
    MIKE COSTA (w) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (a)
    COVER BY Francisco Herrera
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by Francesco Mattina
    “THE LAND BEFORE CRIME” Starts Here!
    • Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
    • While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN!
    • Can Venom postpone feasting on Spider-Man’s brain long enough to stop Stegron from turning everyone in New York into a bloodthirsty dinosaur?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #28
    DAN SLOTT (w) • STUART IMMONEN (a)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    OSBORN VS. SPIDER-MAN! NO HOLDS BARRED!
    • The outcome of this battle will change both of these men.
    • And that’s nothing to say of Osborn’s master plan that Spider-Man is powerless to save! ONLY SILVER SABLE AND MOCKINGBIRD STAND A CHANCE!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29
    DAN SLOTT (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
    • As revealed in ASM #25, Otto Octavius is back as THE SUPERIOR OCTOPUS!!!
    • And Ock has a mission to take down the company that he helped create: PARKER INDUSTRIES!!!
    • Does Spider-Man stand a chance?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

  3. #3
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,558

    Default

    Thank goodness the new Kingpin the Defenders are going up against isn't Black Cat. It would've given me more incentive not to pickup a Bendis team book .

    Hmm...DD has his black suit on the cover of issue #21, while he's wearing the red suit on #22.

  4. #4
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    EDGE OF VENOMVERSE #1 (of 5)
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • ROLAND BOSCHI (A)
    Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    Variant Cover by RON LIM
    TEASER VARIANT COVER BY FRANCESCO MATTINA
    EDGE of VENOM-VERSE starts here!
    The series that sets up the epic VENOM EVENT of 2017 STARTS HERE! Each issue introduces another major Venomized character that will feed into VENOMVERSE itself! THIS ISSUE, the young mutant clone designated X-23 collides with a cryogenic tube containing a strange alien symbiote during her frenzied escape from The Facility, . Bonding with the alien enhances her already considerable abilities, and aids in her escape, but it begins to alter her mind! On the run from the very people that made her, can X-23 hold it together or is she doomed to give in to Venom!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Another event? I mean, this could be somewhat interesting... but how many events does this year have so far? I think this makes the fifth one?
    Opinions may vary in quality.

    Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,644

    Default

    I'm a little surprised only one of these is Secret Empire tie-ins. Are these stories before SE? If not, SE must be held behind closed doors for everybody not to see Steve Rogers is King Hydra taking over the world.
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-20-2017 at 04:36 PM.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    6,770

    Default

    Hey, that is only half a dozen titles. Plenty more yet.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I'm a little surprised only one of these is Secret Empire tie-ins. Are these stories before SE? If not, SE must be held behind closed doors for everybody not to see Steve Rogers is King Hydra taking over the world.
    Well, books have nine whole months to jump on the SE train so I'd imagine they are spending more time wrapping up current events because they have so much time.

    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Another event? I mean, this could be somewhat interesting... but how many events does this year have so far? I think this makes the fifth one?
    -Edge of Venomverse
    -Generations
    -Secret Empire
    -Monsters Unleashed
    -Weapons of Mutant Destruction

    Not sure if these count as 2017 events since they started in 2016 but the majority of the event was in 2017:
    -Inhumans vs X-Men
    -Clone Conspiracy

  8. #8
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    VENOM #151
    MIKE COSTA (w) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (a)
    COVER BY Francisco Herrera
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by Francesco Mattina
    “THE LAND BEFORE CRIME” Starts Here!
    Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
    • While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN!
    • Can Venom postpone feasting on Spider-Man’s brain long enough to stop Stegron from turning everyone in New York into a bloodthirsty dinosaur?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I don't like that. At all.
    Here is your Marvel Rebirth, people.
    Back to the statu quo from when you were kids.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    I kinda want defenders to release twice monthly but it's probably only releasing two issues for the first month.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 03-21-2017 at 06:16 PM.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I'm a little surprised only one of these is Secret Empire tie-ins. Are these stories before SE? If not, SE must be held behind closed doors for everybody not to see Steve Rogers is King Hydra taking over the world.
    X-men blue and gold will start tying into secret empire starting in July it'll only be for four issues each and since it releases twice monthly both series it won't be too hectic.

  11. #11
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    12,196

    Default

    The Defenders book with art by Marquez? Niiiiiiiiiice!
    “I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.”---Daredevil

    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thank goodness the new Kingpin the Defenders are going up against isn't Black Cat. It would've given me more incentive not to pickup a Bendis team book .

    Hmm...DD has his black suit on the cover of issue #21, while he's wearing the red suit on #22.
    I thought that was just the lighting (the opposite of usual where his red suit looks black, they used a red light source to make his black costume look red). I'll be happy to be proven wrong, even if I cover doesn't prove anything anyway.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  13. #13
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Someone is not sick of Eddie's hatred for Spiderman ?? I thought it was over and they had made peace, and it all began because of the Sin-Eater.
    Even the Klyntar showed him his origins to tell him that he no longer wanted to fight any more.

    If this is what is going to happen, then Eddie has no motivation as a character except living in the past

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    6,770

    Default

    X solicits - including Namor the Sub-Mariner in Jean Grey!
    http://www.cbr.com/marvel-june-2017-...man-jean-grey/

  15. #15
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    -Edge of Venomverse
    -Generations
    -Secret Empire
    -Monsters Unleashed
    -Weapons of Mutant Destruction

    Not sure if these count as 2017 events since they started in 2016 but the majority of the event was in 2017:
    -Inhumans vs X-Men
    -Clone Conspiracy
    I count them since they continued into 2017, with the majority of the event in the year for Inhumans Vs. X-Men.

    This is so crazy how much of theses events there are at Marvel.
    Opinions may vary in quality.

    Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •