Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 108
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I don't like that. At all.
    Here is your Marvel Rebirth, people.
    Back to the statu quo from when you were kids.
    Yep. Seems like they've just decided to throw all of Venom and Eddie's character arcs out the window because who needs development when you can have characters stay EXACTLY THE SAME!

  2. #17
    Spectacular Member Shockdingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    ZombiePuck, Canada
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
    Yep. Seems like they've just decided to throw all of Venom and Eddie's character arcs out the window because who needs development when you can have characters stay EXACTLY THE SAME!
    I can't put into words how much this makes me mad. THIS was my fear when I heard the rumblings. I knew the powers that be wouldn't look at what Conway and others did with Eddie, it's just a cheap n' easy regression. I would have rathered Eddie stay human and be a support character or anti-symby squad guy than flushing down nearly a decade or so of character development.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

  3. #18

    Default

    teases for teasers
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  4. #19
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    I can't put into words how much this makes me mad. THIS was my fear when I heard the rumblings. I knew the powers that be wouldn't look at what Conway and others did with Eddie, it's just a cheap n' easy regression. I would have rathered Eddie stay human and be a support character or anti-symby squad guy than flushing down nearly a decade or so of character development.
    And that the Klyntar had been purified or reborn on his planet and no longer has hatred for Spiderman and Eddie had matured psychologically as a character by not focusing on an obsession

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I don't like that. At all.
    Here is your Marvel Rebirth, people.
    Back to the statu quo from when you were kids.
    Yeah, me neither; granted, the new host is another bad guy, but seeing the symbiote actually trying to be a force for good, is the first time I've ever been interested in the character. Resetting to the status quo means I'm no longer interested. Hating spider man? Been there, done that.

  6. #21
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,880

    Default

    I concur with everyone disappointed by the fact that Eddie Brock and the symbiote will be going back to hating Spider-Man. I liked that Eddie had enough character development to realize that his downfall was his own fault and not Spider-Man's and to try to atone for what he'd done as Venom, and if they were going to go back to Eddie as Venom, they should have kept that character development. Not to mention the character development of the symbiote being undone by this as well. Basically, Venom could have evolved into something like a true hero, or at least anti-hero, in context with Eddie's and the symbiote's evolution away from the more negative impulses and inclinations that led to their decline, but just going back to how it used to be? Disappointing. Pathetic.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    X-men blue and gold will start tying into secret empire starting in July it'll only be for four issues each and since it releases twice monthly both series it won't be too hectic.
    I'm not sure if I'm interested in secret empire, so for me, it's an interruption.

  8. #23
    Spectacular Member Shockdingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    ZombiePuck, Canada
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I concur with everyone disappointed by the fact that Eddie Brock and the symbiote will be going back to hating Spider-Man. I liked that Eddie had enough character development to realize that his downfall was his own fault and not Spider-Man's and to try to atone for what he'd done as Venom, and if they were going to go back to Eddie as Venom, they should have kept that character development. Not to mention the character development of the symbiote being undone by this as well. Basically, Venom could have evolved into something like a true hero, or at least anti-hero, in context with Eddie's and the symbiote's evolution away from the more negative impulses and inclinations that led to their decline, but just going back to how it used to be? Disappointing. Pathetic.
    Indeed man, he made some really good strides. Heck, he's been a major force of good twice now; contributing the cure for Spider Island, helping to stop Cthon. It's a great moment when you think about it. Grand, heroic moments, and he in one case did it bloodlessly, and in the other, pushed himself further and further beyond his limits all for the right reasons.


    I'm gonna miss the big guy.

    Last edited by Shockdingo; 03-20-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    Indeed man, he made some really good strides. Heck, he's been a major force of good twice now; contributing the cure for Spider Island, helping to stop Cthon. It's a great moment when you think about it. Grand, heroic moments, and he in one case did it bloodlessly, and in the other, pushed himself further and further beyond his limits all for the right reasons.


    I'm gonna miss the big guy.

    I'll reserve judgement on Brock's new status until I read the issue. But I agree it seems odd for both him and the symbiote return to their hatred of Spidey as but have moved past that. But as I'm digging the new Venom series I'm open to seeing how they handle this.

  10. #25
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Another event? I mean, this could be somewhat interesting... but how many events does this year have so far? I think this makes the fifth one?
    We get one big Spider story every year.

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    Well, books have nine whole months to jump on the SE train so I'd imagine they are spending more time wrapping up current events because they have so much time.



    -Edge of Venomverse
    -Generations
    -Secret Empire
    -Monsters Unleashed
    -Weapons of Mutant Destruction

    Not sure if these count as 2017 events since they started in 2016 but the majority of the event was in 2017:
    -Inhumans vs X-Men
    -Clone Conspiracy
    Mutants of Mass Destruction and Edge of Venomverse aren't events and it doesn't seem as though Generations is either. Venomverse will be an event though from what it seems.

    Also, the majority of Clone Conspiracy released in 2016.

  11. #26
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    25,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'll reserve judgement on Brock's new status until I read the issue. But I agree it seems odd for both him and the symbiote return to their hatred of Spidey as but have moved past that. But as I'm digging the new Venom series I'm open to seeing how they handle this.
    The only sensible reason I could think of is that Spider-Man stops them from killing Price and ruins their chance for revenge against someone who "justly" deserves it, so in anger they turn their attention back to him.

    Though I'm not sure if Spidey is even in any of the issues past #5 so...

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member Knives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,281

    Default

    I'm going to follow the first issues of Defenders but with Ressurection and so many mutant titles it will be hard for me to buy anything else besides the X-mens and Ms Marvel.

    Thankfully saved some money by not buying Civil War II and IvX.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    Someone is not sick of Eddie's hatred for Spiderman ?? I thought it was over and they had made peace, and it all began because of the Sin-Eater.
    Even the Klyntar showed him his origins to tell him that he no longer wanted to fight any more.

    If this is what is going to happen, then Eddie has no motivation as a character except living in the past
    The only thing that was ever interesting about Eddie was that he was Pete's personal Max Kady.

    Of course this version of Pete isn't the family man the McFarland version was so half of Venom's particular menace is gone.

    Still, I never cared about Eddie as a face in any way shape or form, so they might as well do this.

  14. #29
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    25,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The only thing that was ever interesting about Eddie was that he was Pete's personal Max Kady.

    Of course this version of Pete isn't the family man the McFarland version was so half of Venom's particular menace is gone.

    Still, I never cared about Eddie as a face in any way shape or form, so they might as well do this.
    Not to mention he doesn't know Peter is Spider-Man anymore, which used to be a big deal.

  15. #30
    Spectacular Member Shockdingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    ZombiePuck, Canada
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The only thing that was ever interesting about Eddie was that he was Pete's personal Max Kady.

    Of course this version of Pete isn't the family man the McFarland version was so half of Venom's particular menace is gone.

    Still, I never cared about Eddie as a face in any way shape or form, so they might as well do this.
    I'd disagree with you. Strongly. Sure he's had his lowpoints, but there have been things I found interesting. There's a reason I've followed Eddie over the years; it's not just the symbiote I'm interested in, it's the man who wore it. When it went over to Gargan I thought it had potential, but quickly lost interest and wanted to see what Eddie was up to.

    To me, my favorite iteration of Brock was when he was Anti-Venom, he actually showed evolution and broke out of the status quo until he had to be put down in the end of Spider Island. His whole thing as AV was a true tale of redemption and owning up to his past while still struggling with his violent nature. The ability to heal opened him up to more true blue acts of heroism; he could bust heads of villainy, but he could take a second, help out a girl with a drug problem and try and give her a new spin on life.

    There's more than enough elements from Brock's history to make him compelling (from his connection to Anne, his criminally under-explored relationship with his father, the repercussions of him murdering Orwell Taylor's son, his connection to Aunt May, etc) but so many people refuse to explore those angles for a quick crossover story.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •