Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Another super-secret, super-spooky organization threatening the world in 'Tec? Very innovative.

I really try to like that book, but god, it's just so generic and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Another super-secret, super-spooky organization threatening the world in 'Tec? Very innovative.

I really try to like that book, but god, it's just so generic and pointless.
    Uh, we've seen them already, so they're not that secret. Not especially spooky either, but that's just me.

And they're not threatening the world, they're just after Jean-Paul. In fact, none of the 'Tec villains so far have had that kind of scope, but maybe I'm nitpicking.

Needless to say, disagree on that last statement.
    Last edited by Caivu; 03-20-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Think I'm gonna stop reading Batman books for a while. I'm just getting a Batman burnout now, this is WAAY too much material for one character. Really along with the event book they've also decided to release the Elmer Fudd crossover simultaneously. How the hell am I supposed to keep up with all those books? you cant just bleed one group of fans. Batman fans are expected to support 3 primary books, 2 of which double ship, the 66 crossover, the Shadow crossover, Looney Toones crossover, JL, JLA, Trinity, the event book at minimum.

Besides I dont feel any investment in Batman's character these days, the writers are far more interested in underlings and support characters, the Batman character is a non entity at this point and they compensate for that with stories that are bigger and wilder in scope. Instead of exploring Batman's psyche these days the stories are all about end of everything after every few weeks, Batman is a simplistic brute lacking in any martial discipline and intelligence both of which have been replaced by plot device tech and super human physical ability. Not even gonna mention the Joker overuse by one writer.

I'll get Red Hood, Nightwing and Bane Conquest. Super Sons as well but that's a Super book, those are actually focusing on character these days. Time for a sabbatical.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    How the hell am I supposed to keep up with all those books? you cant just bleed one group of fans. Batman fans are expected to support 3 primary books, 2 of which double ship, the 66 crossover, the Shadow crossover, Looney Toones crossover, JL, JLA, Trinity, the event book at minimum.
    A single Batman fan isn't expected to do anything but by the books that interest them. I, for example, would call myself a Batman fan, but I only buy Birds of Prey and Tec (and am planning on picking up Bane). If you don't buy it, they won't put it out - but people are buying some things, which seems to indicate that they're worth putting out at least for that subset of the Batman fandom.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    A single Batman fan isn't expected to do anything but by the books that interest them. I, for example, would call myself a Batman fan, but I only buy Birds of Prey and Tec (and am planning on picking up Bane). If you don't buy it, they won't put it out - but people are buying some things, which seems to indicate that they're worth putting out at least for that subset of the Batman fandom.
    But at core the philosophy is to bleed one group of fans, I didn't mention Bat family books in that sentence. True Looney Toons and the 66 crossover books have other fan bases to count upon but by and large its the Batman fanbase that is supporting those books. Sooner or later people will get tired (I'm proof of this).
    DC isn't expanding their readership with this strategy, they're just milking the cow.

-Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #11
    -Batman Beyond #9
    -Batman #24 & #25
    -Red Hood and the Outlaws #11
    -Super Sons #5
    -Trinity #10
    -Batman/The Shadow #3
    -Gotham Academy #11
    -Mother Panic #8

I'm not interested in yet another Snyder/Tynion penned event so I'm sitting that out as well as Nightwing this month.

Aftershock: Alters
    DC: Action/BM/Batman Beyond/Black Lightning/Blue Beetle/Flash/Gotham City Garage/GLS/JLA/Kamandi/Mister Miracle/NS-M/NW: The New Order/RHATO/SG/SM/Super Sons/TT/Trinity
    Lion Forge: Catalyst Prime: Accell/Astonisher/Incidentals/Noble/Superb + Jazz Maynard &VLD
    Valiant: Bloodshot/Eternity/Harbringer Renegade/Ninja-K/Q&W/War Mother/X-O

Will get
    Batgirl #12
    Batgirl & the Birds of Prey #11

Bat event? hmm, no

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Don't see anything to change my pull of Tec, Birds, and Bane.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

One big thing I did not notice at first: I don't think we've seen Joker since Endgame (except for the Rebirth 80 pager), but, if it counts, Scott Snyder's Batman/Shadow #3 is Joker's return, his first fuller appearance in the present since Rebirth.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Batman Beyond
    ... Please the true AlGhul, Damian should not be involved in this.
    Batwoman
    Detective Comics
    Nightwing
    Red Hood Outlaws
    Batman/Elmer Fudd
    Bane Conquest
    Batman Shadow 3..
    Finally THE JOKER.
    Gotham Academy

Batman.. If this is about the Riddler, no the 3 Jokers... I prefer leave this, with more rebirth spoilers..

Batman 24 & 25
    Tec 958 & 959
    Red Hood 11
    Super Sons 5

I avoid all event books from both Marvel and DC so will be skipping Dark Days.