Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So Superman's own wife exposed his identity? Would be weird for that to be in continuity still.
    I doubt it happened it the same way. It likely won't even have anything to do with the actual story of Truth but rather the idea that Superman's identity got out, and he and his family went on the run.

But honestly I'm not sure how they're gonna swing any of this. Maybe fake Clark never happened? Maybe this is where the some of the New 52 memories come in and Lois and Clark just know that they were fighting Mxy. Maybe every that's not part of the new memories is a haze that's getting more and more out of focus?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-21-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Clem Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

We'll likely get a better explanation of the state of continuity with next month's Action, but I still don't expect it to make a great deal of sense.

It'll probably be similar to the state of continuity after Infinite Crisis. Johns was pivotal to establishing Superman after Infinite Crisis, and while he's not on-board as a writer for Rebirth, he's still the one behind everything.
    First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Because it would be bringing up all these famous stories that readers fell in love with, only to say to the readers "never mind, it didn't happen."
    Again, not really a slap in the face but more so a show of contrast. You can take it as that if you like though.

And that's what I'm saying. This is the only Batman and Wonder Woman he's known. The same Batman who kept files on how to defeat his teammates and allowed Ra's al Ghul to steal them and use them against the team.
    Maybe....but not verbatim, because this is also the guy from the New 52 in a lot of ways. Dick never wore the shorts. It's not the same verbatim Batman, but it's now closer to the Pre-52

Because after all, Superdad is and always has been the Superman of this universe, right?
    But his stories from Pre-52 are not verbatim. They're much closer, but likely like 1 to 1.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any inconsistencies that Superdoom
    Superdoom means that Morrison's arc happened in some form. It also means that Vyn is there because Vyn is the one who actually created Superdoom. So like I said, it's not verbatim Pre-52. But it's pretty close.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Maybe....but not verbatim, because this is also the guy from the New 52 in a lot of ways. Dick never wore the shorts. It's not the same verbatim Batman, but it's now closer to the Pre-52
    It might seem like a stretch, but....pick up Nightwing #17. That's all I'm going to say.

But, either way, if all this ends up being is that the stories likely transpired the same way, but the characters' fashion sense was different, I think that's fine.

Superdoom means that Morrison's arc happened in some form. It also means that Vyn is there because Vyn is the one who actually created Superdoom. So like I said, it's not verbatim Pre-52. But it's pretty close.
    Oh, yeah, of course. I'm not saying that that didn't, but any details that completely contradicted important parts of Superman's Pre-FP continuity may be undone. I mean, like you said, some things are not gonna be verbatim. And actually, Mxy popping up in Pre-FP form and revealed to have been in "prison" for what I'm assuming is the whole of the New 52 seems to suggest that Vyn's backstory has been rewritten. Or maybe there is no Vyn and Superdoom was just summoned by the Revenge Squad?
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-20-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Clem Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

This also means big changes to the Lois & Clark mini and what came out if.

There wasn't another Superman watching the Darkseid battle.
    Lois was no longer Author X.
    Superman didn't wear a black costume and help in secret.
    Luthor wouldn't have had a Superman cape if there was only ever one Superman.
    Rebirth Superman's debut in Action wouldn't make sense.
    The Men of Steel arc doesn't make sense, since it was about Superman coming to trust a Luthor he didn't know.

Jurgens is a stickler when it comes to continuity, so expect some explanations in next month's Action.
    First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice

Wait, where are Superdoom and Vyndktvx? I've seen a few people bring them up, but they're not on the history splash page I'm seeing. I've got (left to right, top to bottom) Parasite, Blanque, Mxyzptlk, Bizarro, Metallo, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Mongul, Doomsday (with maybe someone between him and Mongul, but I'm not sure that's not just a piece of armor or something), Lex, Zod, Toyman, Imperiex, Darkseid, Ulysses, I think Silver Banshee, and Brainiac.
    You can follow me on Twitter or Tumblr, if more of my opinions sounds like something you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    For the time being yeah. Ive been on the edge for a while, but I just don't connect to Superman as a dad, and well, this does absolutely nothing to convince me to stay.
    Well, thankfully, you've got literally thousands of hours of Superman material where he's not a dad to satisfy you. The new Justice League Action cartoon even has him dating Wonder Woman!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Wait, where are Superdoom and Vyndktvx? I've seen a few people bring them up, but they're not on the history splash page I'm seeing. I've got (left to right, top to bottom) Parasite, Blanque, Mxyzptlk, Bizarro, Metallo, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Mongul, Doomsday (with maybe someone between him and Mongul, but I'm not sure that's not just a piece of armor or something), Lex, Zod, Toyman, Imperiex, Darkseid, Ulysses, I think Silver Banshee, and Brainiac.
    That's who we're thinking is Superdoom. Vyn himself doesn't show up. Superlad93 is just saying that, since Superdoom was summoned by Vyn and the Revenge Squad initially, that that means that Vyn must be out there too.

Though, I think that they might retcon it so that Superdoom just fought the same guy who was around before Flashpoint.

As an aside, who IS that guy at the bottom between Ulysses and Brainiac?? It could be Silver Banshee returned to her Pre-FP look.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-20-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    For the time being yeah. Ive been on the edge for a while, but I just don't connect to Superman as a dad, and well, this does absolutely nothing to convince me to stay.
    Hell, if you want to read Superman comics where he's not a dad, there's still years and years worth of Superman material where he's not a father from before Flashpoint. He is still married to Lois, though.

The single biggest part of N52 Superman that I hope that they keep is the part of Morrison's Action Comics run where Superman is a social crusader running around in jeans and a tee-shirt. Let that be his Metropolis debut; but retcon it so that it lasted longer, long enough that one could fit various Golden Age stories into that part of his life. I personally don't care for any of the rest of Nuperman's story; but that's just me: I won't naysay other parts of his life being added in where they can be made to fit.

I'm curious, though, which parts of Nuperman's story his fans would like to see kept.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

So like many were guessing, they retconned Jon into being born in the steamlined continuity, not in the Convergence mess.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this.

The problem I see with the Ulysses story being canon is how do you explain the Super Flare part? Does Superman still has that new power or was that aspect of the story retconned? And I suppose the whole Truth stuff was pretty different from what we read or didn't happen at all.

Superman stories in the New 52 Justice League are almost surely still canon, since Jon commented on issue #2 of Super Sons that his dad knows about the Amazo Virus.
    Last edited by Maxi; 03-20-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

It might seem like a stretch, but....pick up Nightwing #17. That's all I'm going to say.
    Oh does he finally reveal his beautiful elf costume? It's pretty important to me, if i wanted Dick to have a screwed up history were he wore lug boots or somthing I already had Titans Hunt for that crap. I'll check it out if it's worth it, but I'm kind of tired of playing DC's game of teasing past continuity, they either need to put up or shut up.
    I wonder what it would be like--to be the fastest man on Earth? Well...I'll never know-- The Flash was just a character some writer dreamed up! -Barry Allen (showcase #4)

That's who we're thinking is Superdoom.
    There's...kind of a vague resemblance, maybe? If that's supposed to be him, either Mahnke got a lot of details wrong or he was pretty heavily redesigned. I wouldn't at all bet on it.
    You can follow me on Twitter or Tumblr, if more of my opinions sounds like something you'd like.

I forgot, The events of Truth, Darkseid War and Hitch's JLA were what ended up killing New 52 Superman, so I don't think those are still entirely canon.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    Oh does he finally reveal his beautiful elf costume? It's pretty important to me, if i wanted Dick to have a screwed up history were he wore lug boots or somthing I already had Titans Hunt for that crap. I'll check it out if it's worth it, but I'm kind of tired of playing DC's game of teasing past continuity, they either need to put up or shut up.
    I'll PM you.