Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deathbirds Summers baby?

If i recall correctly there was an issue with Sinister salivating over the potential of the summers genome to grant great power and that's why he had to find a suitable mate.

Regardless of that the level of power exhibited by Vulcan was on another level. Last we saw of Deathbird she was pregnant with Vulcans child. Did she ever give birth? What is SWORD doing with the Summers baby?.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    If i recall correctly there was an issue with Sinister salivating over the potential of the summers genome to grant great power and that's why he had to find a suitable mate.

Regardless of that the level of power exhibited by Vulcan was on another level. Last we saw of Deathbird she was pregnant with Vulcans child. Did she ever give birth? What is SWORD doing with the Summers baby?.
    Lost to the ether of "no one cares" and "continuity? What's that?".
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

If there was one person to bring back during IvX it actually would have been Vulcan ��, come to think of it he would work well on a Frost X-Men team given their history.

She showed up pregnant in X-men vol 4. Her child is a mutant, Shi'ar, Kree hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She showed up pregnant in X-men vol 4. Her child is a mutant, Shi'ar, Kree hybrid
    Yes i know. She was arrested while pregnant the threat is about what has happened since it's been more then 2 years no?

Yes i know. She was arrested while pregnant the threat is about what has happened since it's been more then 2 years no?
    That arc was right before Secret Wars which ended all the books and we had the 8 month gap with a new status quo. It hasnt been touched as I dont see where it would/could have been. If it does get brought up again, it'll likely be X-men Gold since Guggenheim is the one that wrote that story

Regardless of that the level of power exhibited by Vulcan was on another level. Last we saw of Deathbird she was pregnant with Vulcans child.
    Not that I know of...

Did she ever give birth? What is SWORD doing with the Summers baby?.
    Even if Cal'syee had given birth to a child -- how would S.W.O.R.D. have gotten their hands on him or her?
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

SSJ Ultra Mega Super God JustAnotherFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Not that I know of...

Even if Cal'syee had given birth to a child -- how would S.W.O.R.D. have gotten their hands on him or her?
    As I understand it, she was arrested by SWORD while she was pregnant and that's the last time she has appeared anywhere. Considering that this was before SW and 8 months has passed since SW happened she probably should have given birth to her baby by now (Unless her being a Shi'ar makes the pregnancy longer than 9 months somehow.) and thus SWORD would have custody of her baby unless she escaped before she gave birth. But I dropped adjectiveless after Wood left it so I haven't read that story so this is only based on what I've heard about that story.

Hound & Cosmic Traveller Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm less interested in the baby and far more interested in bringing back Vulcan. Especially with Cyclops now dead, we need another emotionally underdeveloped Summers around.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    As I understand it, she was arrested by SWORD while she was pregnant and that's the last time she has appeared anywhere. Considering that this was before SW and 8 months has passed since SW happened she probably should have given birth to her baby by now (Unless her being a Shi'ar makes the pregnancy longer than 9 months somehow.) and thus SWORD would have custody of her baby unless she escaped before she gave birth. But I dropped adjectiveless after Wood left it so I haven't read that story so this is only based on what I've heard about that story.
    more like a year now but yeah point remains. I thought it was shocking that she was even still pregnant in X-men v4. How long do the Shi'ar gestate but that was a damn long pregnancy as Vulcan had been dead for quite some time

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm less interested in the baby and far more interested in bringing back Vulcan. Especially with Cyclops now dead, we need another emotionally underdeveloped Summers around.
    seems like a waste to bring him back without Cyclops. it really is a shame Marvel did nothing with that relationship

Hound & Cosmic Traveller Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    seems like a waste to bring him back without Cyclops. it really is a shame Marvel did nothing with that relationship
    Well there is always teen Cyclops he can lash out at. And the Inhumans. I mean the character is still ripe in terms of use and stories, it's a matter of finding the right writer and plot to bring him back. And if somehow they bring back Sway and Petra in Blue, that would be a great return.

Mighty Member

As I understood it at the time, Jean was a psychic (telepath/telekinetic) whose power seemed to scale up infinitely as she tapped into a larger power source, and Scott was an infinite power source, tapping into the punch dimension of infinite free power. Combine the two of them, and you have a mutant with the power of the Phoenix Force, without any of the universe-threatening uncontrollable comic-entity baggage that comes with it.

But I have no idea what's up with that these days. Like most mutant families, late adopters get better powers. Scott has an eyebeam that's hard to control. Alex can shoot plasma from anywhere, without the control issues, but still has just the one power. Gabriel throws down with cosmic characters and can do whatever the hell he wants, for no reason at all. Ditto Colossus. One power, and a good one. Ilyanna, an even better power, plus a side-dish of demon sorceress with her own pocket dimension. Their astronaut brother has Gabriel's power of being the third sibling introduced, and able to do whatever the hell he wants, for no reason at all...

The same applies to other heroes as well, even non-mutants. Every spawn of Wolverine or legacy of Spider-Man has all their powers *plus* extra stuff like pheromones or camouflage or 'venom blasts.'

If they're consistent the *tenth* Guthrie sibling (who will hit puberty in 2035 or so, at this rate), will be a Beyonder or something.

Ultimate Member

Scott can't control his power because of an injury that he received as a child, otherwise he would be able to control his optic blasts to the point where he wouldn't always need to wear the special glasses or whatever...

From what I found:
    At some point after death of Emperor Vulcan, his wife Cal'syee Neramani (Deathbird) (at that time paralyzed and in stasis), was captured by the Providian Order. However they weren't interested in Deathbird, but only in her child - hybrid of atavistic Shi'ar and powerful Mutant. Sharada Darthri experimented on the baby and infused it with Kree genes, thought the influx was stopped by the awakening of Deathbird, who rampaged the laboratory

I am curious if the Sharada Darthri interest in this has to do with D'Ken's own experiments into Hybird Shi'ar/Human (resulting in Adam-X).
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    But I have no idea what's up with that these days. Like most mutant families, late adopters get better powers. Scott has an eyebeam that's hard to control. Alex can shoot plasma from anywhere, without the control issues, but still has just the one power.
    Havok did have control issues. Its why he wore the suit with the circles.