Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

I want the Elite to try to reintegrate themselves back into society with Wonder Woman's help with all the psychological issues that will be explored. Show Manchester Black doing magic tricks for kids while holding back his sociopathic thoughts. Show Sonia trying to find a date that isn't either scared of her or some kind of nightmare fetishist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I want the Elite to try to reintegrate themselves back into society with Wonder Woman's help with all the psychological issues that will be explored. Show Manchester Black doing magic tricks for kids while holding back his sociopathic thoughts. Show Sonia trying to find a date that isn't either scared of her or some kind of nightmare fetishist.
    Congratulations, you remembered a group of characters even more obscure than the Human Cannonball.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Congratulations, you remembered a group of characters even more obscure than the Human Cannonball.
    Just so we're clear, we're talking about the same Elite that appeared in a famous issue of Action Comics that was adapted into an animated movie, right?

BANNED

Just so we're clear, we're talking about the same Elite that appeared in a famous issue of Action Comics that was adapted into an animated movie, right?
    Straight to DVD.

Those old issues of Superman Family were probably read by millions by now. Comic books were doing so much better by then.

Straight to DVD.

Those old issues of Superman Family were probably read by millions by now. Comic books were doing so much better by then.
    Pretty sure more people by DVDs than comics these days. How many of the people who even bought those comics are still alive? I didn't know who the human cannonball was til you mentioned him.

BANNED

Pretty sure more people by DVDs than comics these days. How many of the people who even bought those comics are still alive? I didn't know who the human cannonball was til you mentioned him.
    Nah, I'm just teasing you.
    Human Cannonball was in one of the very first comics I read when he was 7 and I expected him to be just as important as Superman, Jimmy Olsen, the Newsboy Legion and the Guardian.
    Still bitter that the complete rip-off Mutant at Marvel took off (no pun intended) while Tom DeFalco's greatest DC creation never did.

BANNED

Oh btw, I'm in my mid 40s. So even people who were 30 years older when they bought the issue (which was pretty rare in the 70s!) are probably still alive for the most part.

Astonishing Member

Once...she was a plain old mortal known as Nina Dowd. She studied for years developing her skills in archaeology never taken seriously by many of her colleagues but when an ancient New God artifact transforms her into a New God herself Nina sets off to rule the world and make it pay...once she figures out how to stand...as she's now simply known as Mighty Endowed!

Years after her inital captures she finally masters her powers and abilities, while also working with government agencies before she's finally released. Now with a fresh start what's a New God to do? And why is one of her old College ex's, Kate Kane, keeping an eye on her so closely so suddenly?

Mysteries of the Black Orchid

Follow the journey of Alba Garcia as she struggles with her identity after becoming the latest in a long line of women to wield the mantle of Black Orchid. Also features flashbacks telling the tales of previous Black orchids that tie to the current one.

I'd make a title called Coven starring Zatanna, Witchfire, La Encantadora, and Extraño.

Madame Fatal as a gender-bending/genderqueer detective crimefighter.

The Outsiders backed by Sapphire Stagg and staring Element Woman, Creeper, Looker, Pantha, The Bride, Man-bat, and Martian Manhunter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Since Ya'Wara dosen't have too much history yet, I'd be okay with this. Honestly, if it meant getting a storyline or two with the Others in either Wonder Woman or RHatO, it'd be awesome. (Seriously, the Others rock, and those who haven't read their team book are missing out. Easily a highlight of the Nu52.)
    Google Icamiabas.

As a brazilian from the Metropolis of the Amazon, I never liked the fact Ya'Wara is such a wild woman who seems to keep away from people and such - all I remember from her is being annoyed at people and civilization. I would write her as a warrior for the little peoples of the amazon, distant from the cities, disregarded as yokels, poors and jungle-people. She would fight for the peasants, the native tribes, the river-siders, etc, against bandits, water rats (river pirates), ilegal poachers, biotraffickers (a serious criminal issue in the region), ilegal woodcutters, smugglers and drug-traders, land stealers and claim jumpers, etc.

Maybe write her as less of a primitive and more of someone who just really is not a fan of modern world and its rythym.

Of course, because this is the DCU, these guys are just the starter-villains. Local monsters and gods, sinister organizations picking the jungle as good hide-out, ancient cities in the forest (turns out we got some of those), witches and dark magic (there's a lot of here), etc.

(then again, I have my own Pará/Amazon-focused superhero universe inside some doc files. Quite the happening place, partly because the Equator is closer to the membrane of the multiverse, so half my baddies pop up from elsewhere/elsewhen)

Wonder Girl

Cassie Sandsmark is a normal university student living in London who has a secret. Through studying, watching football, cricket and tennis, clubbing, and working, Cassie is living a busy life but gets even busier when she becomes Wonder Girl former Teen Titan.

A light toneish but very about what's Cassies like. She hangs out with a couple of English people, the former TT makes appearances, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and doesn't really date anyone (unless we bring back Tim Drake (Yes I like Cassie/Tim))

I picked London cause WW used to live in London.

A Phantom Lady and Black Condor mini series. Phantom Lady can turn invisible and intangible and Black Condor can control the air. They work as super powered bounty hunters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Madame Fatal as a gender-bending/genderqueer detective crimefighter.
    Madame Fatale (combines Quality's Madame Fatal and Spider Widow). Transgendered.

A Phantom Lady and Black Condor mini series.
    I think Blak Kondor should be the Crime Syndicate's Hawkman.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The Manhunters: Kirk DePaul, Mark Shaw, Kate Spencer, etc.

Someone waaaaaay back in the old DC Comics Official Boards had the idea of "Manhunter Inc.", way back before Batman Inc. was a thing, wherein the classic Manhunter characters acted as a bounty hunting agency seeking out all the meta-human villains who break bail or are just trying to lie low.
    Love this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Honestly I'd like a take on Maxima where she's finally found someone to love and is genuinely being a hero. Maybe for true hilarity have her and Vartox married. It could start as a simple marriage in name only thing before the two actually fall in love and help one another defend their former and now united kingdoms. With political unrest on both sides while also facing off against some of DC's bigger cosmic threats. It'd be an interesting power couple in that regard.
    Reveal his name as Zardoz Vortex (in honor of the movie that inspired him). I like this idea of Maxima and him.

His costume could use an update but it's not the worst I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I'd take both Plastic Man and Elongated Man and I'd......actually, you know what? It doesn't matter.
    I have Ralph lose his stretching power; he'd still be inhumanely flexible and resilient but he'd be a super-contortionist but not a Plastic Man clone. I can see him partnering with the Bat Family this way.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I'd bring back James Jesse, the first Trickster. Put him on a team with Pied Piper, Magenta, and perhaps Peek-a-Boo as well. Add some other ex-criminals and chaotic good antiheroes to the roster.
    What would he call himself now? Jesse James, maybe?

Characters would include Kimiyo Hoshi, Michael Holt, Sasha Bordeaux, John Diggle, Koryak, Connor Hawke, Hessia, Akila, Xiang Po really any character the League won't use.
    Kimiyo needs her own name. Dr. Light keeps getting taken.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Looker- Would love her in the Justice League Dark inspired title ...
    Great idea!
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-07-2017 at 08:07 AM.

I'd connect/have interaction between the Shazam with Amethyst mythologies and have a budding romance between Billy and Amy.