Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,116

    Default New "Guardians of the Galaxy" Footage Defines 'Loser,' Debuts Rooker's Yondu

    New footage from Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" shares a sample of Star Lord's tactical abilities and glimpses of even more of the cast.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Critical Critic Nosocialize's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    670

    Default

    gimme this now!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

  3. #3
    Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    77

    Default

    That was a pretty quick view of Yondu (did he have his fin?). Drax and Ronan look pretty cool on the big screen. Drax' look has become independent from a "God Of War" rip-off. Not sure if this new Drax has energy bolts he can emit from his hands(?).

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    127

    Default

    DRAX needs his cape & costume
    GAMORA needs her STARLIN outfit
    All I am going to say!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikaider View Post
    That was a pretty quick view of Yondu (did he have his fin?). Drax and Ronan look pretty cool on the big screen. Drax' look has become independent from a "God Of War" rip-off. Not sure if this new Drax has energy bolts he can emit from his hands(?).
    Hasn't had these since the Giffen revamp that helped kickstart the Annihilation/DnA era cosmic age of Marvel.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kikaider View Post
    That was a pretty quick view of Yondu (did he have his fin?).
    I don't know if he had his fin, but he definitely had his Michael Rooker Chin Stubble.

  7. #7
    Marquis de Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlok2011 View Post
    DRAX needs his cape & costume
    GAMORA needs her STARLIN outfit
    All I am going to say!!!!!!!
    I think both of those outfits would be more suited for the inevitable porn parody.
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

  8. #8

    Default

    Be quiet and take my money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigonos Chomhgaill View Post
    In my youth, I never dreamed I would live to see such times that we would get a Kindergarten Cop sequel with Dolph Lundgren in the title role, I just thought it would be some boring shit like jetpacks and moonbases.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't know if he had his fin, but he definitely had his Michael Rooker Chin Stubble.
    He doesn't have a fin in the trailer. It looks like some kind of metallic prosthetic "mohawk" instead. Similar to what Gillen's Nebula has. Given that, and their blue skins, I find myself wondering if his origins have been changed to make them from the same species or not. Or perhaps his fin was amputated or something.

  10. #10
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    I don't think its going to be as good as xmen but it looks soooo good.

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    He doesn't have a fin in the trailer. It looks like some kind of metallic prosthetic "mohawk" instead. Similar to what Gillen's Nebula has. Given that, and their blue skins, I find myself wondering if his origins have been changed to make them from the same species or not. Or perhaps his fin was amputated or something.
    From the on-site photos, the metallic mohawk is indeed present, though I wonder if it's going to be a stand-in for a later effect, or if the fin pops out of it. For example, in the older official trailers, Starlord's mask eyes don't light up, but in more recent trailers, the eyes do (in addition to other effects throughout the movie).

    I believe he still has his trademark pirate earring on his right ear, so that's a start.

  12. #12
    Junior Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    412

    Default

    I'm getting a good feeling that Marvel's streak will continue with this film.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think both of those outfits would be more suited for the inevitable porn parody.
    Hahaha. Well played.
    ☆*・゜゚・* Mary-Plain is a wet blanket 5eva *・゜゚・*☆

  13. #13
    Out in the Cold Bucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    49

    Default

    This really does look good. Damn. Let's hope it lives up to these trailers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •