Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, #1

PART ONE OF THE BIGGEST SPIDER-MAN STORY OF THE YEAR "REVIVAL"!
    • MILES is back in action with a new status quo and a new outlook on life!
    • A BIG BIG BIG villain from PETER PARKER's past is alive and well and about to turn New York upside down!
    • The last page will have ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN fans SCREAMING!
    • This issue can't be missed!

Full article here.

The car surfing cover looks awesome.

Default Preview: Miles Morales the Ultimate Spider-Man

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=21468&pg=1

I couldn't find a thread for this preview and the search turned up nothing for me either so I figured I'd start one and it can get merged or deleted or whatever.

I think that bringing Norman back from the dead is great. Mostly because I hate the dead is dead rule in the UU but hey that's just me. I think that Norman needs Peter to so I'm betting Peter is coming back as well. Norman has clearly lost his mind so why would he ever go after Miles? He doesn't really have the connection to Miles like he did with Peter so the personal aspect is gone to. I'm excited to see where this goes.
    Please bring back any Wolverine.

was he ever confirmed dead or just implied? I don't remember them saying on screen that he was dead and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by CryoFlar3 View Post
    was he ever confirmed dead or just implied? I don't remember them saying on screen that he was dead and gone.
    Well he was confirmed dead in the original Death of a Goblin arc years ago but he came back from that. I can't remember if it was ever explicitly stated he was dead in either DoSM or Fallout but I feel like it was. I'm re-reading a lot of old UU stuff so I'll add that to my list and get back to you. It was certainly heavily implied he was dead though.
    Please bring back any Wolverine.

I'm a little bit disappointed that Norman is back--at least that he's back so soon. We've hardly had time for Miles to get his own villains (Scorpion then Uncle then EVENT FOREVER, SORRY) and now they bring back the biggest baddest Peter villain?

Furthermore, there was always some doubt as to whether or not Norman was dead after DoSM, so I don't think they're breaking the rules here. Also, I'm of the firm belief that Peter is never coming back, and if he did come back, it would be a travesty. Miles is something very rare and special, an interesting, relatable, permanent Marvel legacy hero. Let's hope they don't taint it by giving Peter back the spotlight.

I like the title font and can't wait for this( giving New Ultimates a couple more issues to win me over )

Why is it however the Ultimate titles have been the ones to not get a Skottie Young "baby" variant? Skottie Young + Miles seems like a easy way to make some quick extra $$$$$

Marquez is still killing it on the art, hopefully we get something from Kate Bishop here that will make readers care about her

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Marquez is still killing it on the art, hopefully we get something from Kate Bishop here that will make readers care about her
    Agreed, the interior art looks great.

I wonder who came up with the cover logo. It's very bland. Do not want.

Formerly rsreed13 robreedwrites's Avatar

Looking forward to this. I'll be interested to see how Norman plays into the plot. I do hope the series develops its own villains though, as Miles doesn't really have any of his own just yet, other than Ultimate Prowler.