Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member

Newbie Member

Just saying.

She has the features and is young enough to be a brilliant and enthusiastic Archaeologist Barbara Minerva who is book smart and discovers the Cheetah costume or amulet or bracelet / whatever.

That's when either Wonder Woman discovers her or saves her from pirates or whatever. I can go on and on with this villains introduction.

To me it's a similar story of Venom and Spiderman where an unfortunate but powerful entity enters a drama between two hero's and one chooses to give into the greed and chaos for revenge.

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by myst View Post

It's a rare sight indeed to see a woman with such a wild natural look, freckles and bright eyes the whole package. Shes a model right now but come on think about it, shes perfect for Cheetah. If she could act.
    Yes indeed. As we all know, actual acting ability is absolutely the least important element of casting, so by all means cast an unknown 20 year old model with zero acting experience to portray the mid thirties Cheetah, just because you think she resembles the character. That's clearly the most important thing.

Angelina Jolie or Chrlize Theron for Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    Angelina Jolie or Chrlize Theron for Cheetah.
    Theron needs to play somebody in the DCEU. I'd love her as either Circe or Cheetah, but I think destiny dictates that she be Catwoman. She's the right age to be opposite of Affleck.

Plus, it'd be funny with Reindeer Games in their shared history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    Yes indeed. As we all know, actual acting ability is absolutely the least important element of casting, so by all means cast an unknown 20 year old model with zero acting experience to portray the mid thirties Cheetah, just because you think she resembles the character. That's clearly the most important thing.
    Sometiems... yeah. not everyone can look the part.

Newbie Member

After her role in F8 of the Furious, I could see Charlize Theron as Dr. Cyber.

Question? Who do you think Diana's supporting cast will be in the sequel. This isn't spoilers as I have not seen the movie, but since it is set during World War I, Etta and Steve obviously can't return as they are. I was actually thinking you could recast Etta as African American and make her the granddaughter/great granddaughter of Etta Candy. That seems like a pretty easy fix. Barbara Ann Minerva would also be a great supporting cast member. Maybe Sasha Bordeaux or Nessie. The only issue is Steve Trevor. D.C. seems to be trying to push the character as Diana's "Lois Lane," so would they just not cast a male love interest, or would they take the chance of casting a different male character in Steve's place?

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Sometiems... yeah. not everyone can look the part.
    Not with the CGI technology and makeup techniques available today. What does looking the part even mean for a character like Cheetah who has had numerous different looks and changes with different artists? But yeah, an unknown 20 year old model with no acting experience should be Cheetah, just because some online fanboy thinks she "looks the part". Who cares if she can affect an English accent or even act at all. Such concerns are clearly unimportant when you're making a movie.

Wonder, why Marvel didn't follow this brilliant strategy and cast someone with actual green skin for Gamorra.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

Question? Who do you think Diana's supporting cast will be in the sequel. This isn't spoilers as I have not seen the movie, but since it is set during World War I, Etta and Steve obviously can't return as they are. I was actually thinking you could recast Etta as African American and make her the granddaughter/great granddaughter of Etta Candy. That seems like a pretty easy fix. Barbara Ann Minerva would also be a great supporting cast member. Maybe Sasha Bordeaux or Nessie. The only issue is Steve Trevor. D.C. seems to be trying to push the character as Diana's "Lois Lane," so would they just not cast a male love interest, or would they take the chance of casting a different male character in Steve's place?
    Since Cheetah is one the most obvious choices for an antagonist in the modern day sequel, I think Barbara has the greatest chance at showing up. I'm really hoping she gets name dropped in JL. Their relationship should be at the forefront of the second installment, and if they really want to push boundaries, maybe have Barbara double as her new love interest before things go sour?

Aside from that, I'm kind of stumped. They really seem to be pushing Steve and Etta again for the first time in forever across multiple mediums and titles, but them being dead for the present day leaves a big space. Maybe Ferdinand, the Kapatelis women, Myndi Mayer, etc? It's possible that Lennox, Zola and the rest could show up, but with DC distancing itself from the New 52 version, that's doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

I think they'll expand Themyscira on the sequel. Of course it depends on how this version of the island is received by the public, but it wouldn't surprise me if a villain connected to the island somehow goes to the outside world to mess with it.

If they go this route: make important amazons more proeminent. Artemis and/or Donna and/or Cassie to go and fight with her. And for the outside world, since Steve and Etta won't be around anymore, I'd go with the scholars: Barbara Ann and the Kapatelis. Maybe a man just because Hollywood (that Julia's teenage assistant would be fine). Kinda Indiana Jones-esque, but I wouldn't complain.

Not with the CGI technology and makeup techniques available today. What does looking the part even mean for a character like Cheetah who has had numerous different looks and changes with different artists? But yeah, an unknown 20 year old model with no acting experience should be Cheetah, just because some online fanboy thinks she "looks the part". Who cares if she can affect an English accent or even act at all. Such concerns are clearly unimportant when you're making a movie.

Wonder, why Marvel didn't follow this brilliant strategy and cast someone with actual green skin for Gamora.
    Did they use CGI for Gamora's skin? Or was that just spray paint?

Joking aside, Cheetah would be an effects heavy villain, but doing enough CGI that you can't even see the person playing the character? Going back to Gamora, you actually did see the actress's actual facial expressions.

Anyways, I don't particularly care who gets cast, but it's silly to expect them to use someone when they have to use a CGI mesh. that gives you what's basically an animated character in a live-action movie. Sure, it's been done, but it's ridiculously expensive.

Wonder, why Marvel didn't follow this brilliant strategy and cast someone with actual green skin for Gamorra.
    Well, aren't we a scratchy little ticket, today!

So far, every actress, who's played Catwoman onscreen, has had broad smiles, could wear a catsuit like a second skin ..and had jawlines you could cut glass with. How do you knw "looking the part" will be so unimportant, in casting the Cheetah?
    Wonder Boy, Prince of the Amazons, saves Paradise Island from the techno-tyranny of Roboseidon in... WONDER BOY LIVES

Elder Member

I'm sort of torn on Cheetah (no pun intended). I want to see her in these films. But, if she's not in the first film, then I kind of think that it might be best if they just introduce Barbara Minerva in a potential sequel and then build up her friendship/dynamic with Diana (and also teasing her "fall)." Then she becomes Cheetah in the third film.

As for the sequel, maybe Veronica Cale, or Dr. Cyber, or Circe.

And since Siegeperilous02 brought it up, and Gal herself seems open to the idea, Barbara being Diana's LI before she goes bad could be interesting.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 04-24-2017 at 09:00 AM.