Default BatGirl Plot Ideas?

Anyone got any good plot ideas? I'd consider a darker version of Batgirl hunting down the Joker after recovering from the paralysis, or a lighter version to contrast with Batman, Superman ect? Maybe fighting crime in Gotham set during the Justice League film while Batman is busy?
    Feel that? It's the gravitational pull of your average sun. Makes flying through space very dangerous. The bigger you are, the faster you burn. Gravity's a b***h

Spectacular Member

Are u talking about the recently announced film in development? If so I don't think they'll go down the joker shooting Barbara route at this point, unless it's a prequel to events way before even BvS.
    If they do go down that route for the Barbara, I'd like to see the Batgirl film be about Cassandra Cain, and use Barbara as oracle and eventually have it spin out into her own birds of prey film....lol wishful thinking

There is a separate Batman section on the Forum (http://community.comicbookresources....y.php?9-Batman), which is where this thread is likely to be moved to at some point. That would be the more likely place for a discussion like this.
    (Unless, of course, you're trying to avoid the toxic anti-BABSgirl fans there who want Barbara dead or crippled again so other past Batgirls like Cass or Steph can resume their "rightful mantles" since they're "obviously" "better Batgirls" than Barbara ever was. <And I really wish we had an eye-rolling smiley here to help convey my sense of sarcasm.>)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    (Unless, of course, you're trying to avoid the toxic anti-BABSgirl fans there who want Barbara dead or crippled again so other past Batgirls like Cass or Steph can resume their "rightful mantles" since they're "obviously" "better Batgirls" than Barbara ever was. <And I really wish we had an eye-rolling smiley here to help convey my sense of sarcasm.>)
    Implying that fans who think Babs is the best are any less toxic.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

I'd like to see a teamup with Spoiler and Cass at some point, maybe she can mentor them, I think that with all what Babs went through she'd be a great example for Steph and Cass even if they're not their PreFP personas

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Implying that fans who think Babs is the best are any less toxic.
    They aren't... They just enjoy the character they love without filling threads about the other Batgirls with hate.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    They aren't... They just enjoy the character they love without filling threads about the other Batgirls with hate.
    Not true, but whatever. Let's not clog up this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Not true, but whatever. Let's not clog up this thread.
    I only made the comment I did because, unfortunately, some Cass/Steph fans do tend to invade any thread with the word "Batgirl" in it and continue to rant, rave, and complain whether the thread had any connection to their version of the character or not. (I think you yourself may have labeled some of those occurrences as "toxic" before.)
    And while not all Cass/Steph fans are that overly-zealous, some, unfortunately, do have a tendency to push too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I only made the comment I did because, unfortunately, some Cass/Steph fans do tend to invade any thread with the word "Batgirl" in it and continue to rant, rave, and complain whether the thread had any connection to their version of the character or not. (I think you yourself may have labeled some of those occurrences as "toxic" before.)
    And while not all Cass/Steph fans are that overly-zealous, some, unfortunately, do have a tendency to push too hard.
    Oh, I completely agree, and yes, I HAVE described the Batgirl fandom as the most toxic of all. However, saying that, I include ALL Batgirl fans; Babs, Cass, and Steph fans alike. On the Babs end, a lot of what I see from Babs fans whenever a thread does have relevance to Cass or Steph are dismissive and rude comments, telling people to quit complaining and "accept the real Batgirl."

Spectacular Member

Not for the film but for the comic - I'd like to see a story that involved all of the women who have been Batgirl.

I'd like to see Burnside burned to the ground along with all of Barbara's belongings so she can be a superhero again and not a cosplayer.

Clem Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

The movie?

Something in the vein of the Burnside run. Not that the story should be based on what occurred during the Burnside run, but for the movie to go for that feel and attitude.
    First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice

Batgirl trying to find a killer (either Zsasz, Birthday Boy or James Gordon Jr.) whos going after teenage girls and gets help from a psycho locked up in Arkham Asylume (either Calendar Man or Hugo Strange). Or at least this is my Batgirl version of Silence of the Lambs lol
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble