Super Moderator

Default Jurgens Looks Ahead To "Futures End," "Booster Gold" & More

Dan Jurgens discusses his September one-shots, the importance of Booster Gold and how it all ties into the weekly "Futures End" series.

Full article here.

Took me a few reads to get what he meant by "now" and "the present" in those early questions. He means "the present relative to the characters in Futures End." In other words, five years from what we normally call "now".

Read elsewhere on someone else's blog where the astute observation was made that Superman's mask looks an awful lot like Wildfire's.

Maybe a hint of Legion intervention in crafting this new suit and that it is in fact a containment suit of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Read elsewhere on someone else's blog where the astute observation was made that Superman's mask looks an awful lot like Wildfire's.

Maybe a hint of Legion intervention in crafting this new suit and that it is in fact a containment suit of some kind.
    Maybe he's going to go electro superman on us again!

I'm personally leaning toward some kind of Kryptonite radiation poisoning, of which the suit contains. And that he also has some degree of amnesia.

Why can't they let him work on a Booster Gold ongoing series. I would love that!!

I would love to see Jurgens on a Booster Gold ongoing. I was a bit skeptical about his work going into Aquaman and the Others but that's been enjoyable so far and I've seen praise for his Booster Gold series so hopefully he can write that book. Although it would be great to see Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning do that book as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    I would love to see Jurgens on a Booster Gold ongoing. I was a bit skeptical about his work going into Aquaman and the Others but that's been enjoyable so far and I've seen praise for his Booster Gold series so hopefully he can write that book. Although it would be great to see Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning do that book as well.
    Annett and Lanning no longer write together.

Jurgens' work on AATO has been really enjoyable, just to echo what a poster stated above.

If at some point the current writer on the solo book left, I wouldn't mind Jurgens jumping on that book as well.

Defender of the North Brian from Canada's Avatar

The only thing I don't like about the article is the idea that "Future's End" is inevitable. The point of time travel stories is often that the future isn't locked in stone, and we can make a better one if we try today.

That said, I really like the idea of explaining what happened to Booster this entire time. If it's tied to Kamandi… well, dang, that would just make sense: they want to fix the future by sending him in the past, and Booster screws up.

And since none of this mentions the big event that comes after the two weeklies conclude… it looks like DC has finally got something of a long-term plan, which may explain why a lot of the announcements recently have dealt with either fringe characters or those who need the push to stay in focus right now.
    Want my opinions on DC Comics? Visit my blog at: http://bfromc.wordpress.com

Actually, Booster was in All-Star Western much more recently and was the reason Jonah Hex was in the present day.

EDIT: Oops -- I wrote this before reading where Jurgens says it much more clearly than it is stated in the opening paragraph.
    Last edited by bayma; 07-09-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Val-Zod(Son of Zod,duh!) ApolloCreed!(The One and Only)'s Avatar

I'm really looking forward to Booster's Future's End issue, as well as Superman's...
    (aka)agent_graves (aka)4my6kidz

The only thing I don't like about the article is the idea that "Future's End" is inevitable. The point of time travel stories is often that the future isn't locked in stone, and we can make a better one if we try today.
    I don't think that he said its inevitable, but that some parts of it have to be for it not to be pointless in the long run. For example we might not get apocalyptic ending nor Earth-2 War but stuff with Animal Man and Green Arrow becoming friends or some future Firestorm plot points will come to pass in "regular" continuity too.