Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    strength feats for movie silver surfer being able to space toss something doomsdays size befor he can hit him back?

fair enough but its still not going to put DD down for the 10 count knocking him back or burieing him is not going to work hes just going to keep comeing back.

why do you keep mentioning how stupid DD is? i dont see what doomsdays IQ has to do with the fight...

i see cool did he do the holes in one big blast DBZ style or did he need time to do it?

thats cool and all but its still far below doomsday who took on superman wonder woman and a nuclear bomb.

it may be bigger but you can bet The World Engine is heavier and more durabili and im not trying to be a ass but to say the London Eye feat is as impressive as the World Engine feat is kind of ridiculous its like saying hulks leviathan feat is as impressive as the London Eye feat its just not true.
    u.

1. Doesn't take strength to spacetoss here. Grab, accelerate, release. Physics happily does all the hard work for you.

2. Again, just like last reply, energy blasts don't have to "put him down" for multiple strats to play out. If Surfer has trouble approaching and grabbing, he just has to knock DD down or blow the ground out from under him. While DD is trying to stand, grab, accelerate, release.

3. DD's stupidity is going to stop him from seeing what's coming. He's not a canny fighter or anything. He'll see Surfer charging (or won't, you know, as Surfer can charge at intergalactic speeds and such) and try to HULK SMASH. Which passes through harmlessly, and DD's gets grabbed from behind, accelerated, then released in the direction of deep space.

4. I would like to see mass, weight or durability feats for the World Engine. It doesn't actually have any at all. It's only "feat" is getting all smashed up by Superman.

5. The holes he dug involved him choosing where to dig, then just flying on through and opening holes, literally disintegrating matter.

Surfer can also absorb things into his board like he did with a missile.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    1. Doesn't take strength to spacetoss here. Grab, accelerate, release. Physics happily does all the hard work for you.
    and doomsdays just going to do nothing as SS trys to Grab him? seeing as doomsday has way better strength and durabili feats i dont think its going to be as easy as you say.

2. Again, just like last reply, energy blasts don't have to "put him down" for multiple strats to play out. If Surfer has trouble approaching and grabbing, he just has to knock DD down or blow the ground out from under him. While DD is trying to stand, grab, accelerate, release.
    a nuclear bomb did not stun DD it just made him more powerful why do you think SS energy blasts can do the job?

3. DD's stupidity is going to stop him from seeing what's coming. He's not a canny fighter or anything. He'll see Surfer charging (or won't, you know, as Surfer can charge at intergalactic speeds and such) and try to HULK SMASH. Which passes through harmlessly, and DD's gets grabbed from behind, accelerated, then released in the direction of deep space.
    DD IQ didn't hold him back in the fight with superman and wonder woman and didn't stop him from reacting to ther speed blitz.

4. I would like to see mass, weight or durability feats for the World Engine. It doesn't actually have any at all. It's only "feat" is getting all smashed up by Superman.
    it's a giant space weapon i think its a tad bit more durable then a earth Ferris wheel.

5. The holes he dug involved him choosing where to dig, then just flying on through and opening holes, literally disintegrating matter.
    ok i guess silver surfer has 2 ways to win transmutation or a core energy blast if he can hit him or not if DD can Absorp the comic Energy is over for surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Surfer can also absorb things into his board like he did with a missile.
    SS never showd the power to absorb living matter into the board.
    Last edited by choptop; 04-18-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Matters matter, living or not is pretty irrelevant, I mean the iron in our body is just as much iron as the stuff that's pulled out of the ground. Trying to disqualify a feat based on that is a bit overly anal.

Astonishing Member The Chou Lives's Avatar

That Earth ferries wheel is like one of the biggest and heaviest on Earth. The thing Supes smashed was for terraforming and the keyptoonians did a shitty job designing them as Zod and Co went to, the colonists were all dead.

So apparently everything Kepttonian made is shit compared to our engineering despite tech levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Matters matter, living or not is pretty irrelevant, I mean the iron in our body is just as much iron as the stuff that's pulled out of the ground. Trying to disqualify a feat based on that is a bit overly anal.
    he was never shown absorbing a doomsday like being so we cant just assume he can.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    he was never shown absorbing a doomsday like being so we cant just assume he can.
    He was shown absorbing matter, so yeah, we assume he can absorb matter, unless a specific limitation is provided. Pre-original Secret Wars Molecule Man was explicitly incapable of affecting organic material, so he couldn't and wouldn't be able to on Rumbles. But Surfer here has no such limitation.

And you keep going on about Doomsday reacting to Surfer's charge in my original posited strategy: it doesn't MATTER if he reacts, since he can't hit an intangible being. He can react all he wants, he tries to SMASH, his only actual move, and it passes harmlessly through the untouchable being. Who then unphases behind DD and slingshots him into space. Where DD can stay alive as long as he likes, he still loses the Rumble.

He was shown absorbing matter, so yeah, we assume he can absorb matter, unless a specific limitation is provided. Pre-original Secret Wars Molecule Man was explicitly incapable of affecting organic material, so he couldn't and wouldn't be able to on Rumbles. But Surfer here has no such limitation. .
    big gap between Molecule Man and movie silver surfer. your logic is saying SS can absorb all things made of matter hulk thor vision Hulkbuster godzilla the death star ego the living planet SS absorbing power has no limitations? doesn't sound right guy can we get a ruling on this?

And you keep going on about Doomsday reacting to Surfer's charge in my original posited strategy: it doesn't MATTER if he reacts, since he can't hit an intangible being. He can react all he wants, he tries to SMASH, his only actual move, and it passes harmlessly through the untouchable being. Who then unphases behind DD and slingshots him into space.
    and as soon as SS unphases DD hits him with a AOE attk he has the reacting speed to do so.

he still loses the Rumble.
    iv been saying he loses the Rumble from the start just not with a space toss he has to use Transmutation or a core blast unless DD can Absorb it but i dont think he can?
    Last edited by choptop; 04-20-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

I'm not buying he could absorb Doomsday into the board just because he absorbed a missle, once. For all we know he transmuted the thing as it made contact with the board, instead.

Mind you, DD still loses, just adding my two cents.
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles Post
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner of SO's Item/Weapon Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    I'm not buying he could absorb Doomsday into the board just because he absorbed a missle, once. For all we know he transmuted the thing as it made contact with the board, instead.

Mind you, DD still loses, just adding my two cents.
    pretty much this. and just to add to the thread if you think doomsday cant hurt silver surfer super skrull johnny storm was hurting cosmic dr doom who not only had the powers of silver surfer but had the Superhuman Strength Durability and the electric powers he got from the cosmic storm on top of it so cosmic dr doom is more powerful then silver surfer granted the only way SS johnny beat cosmic dr doom was by tosting the plot device but still....

Dr. Doom didnt even have a handle on his powers so i'm not seeing him being equal to the silver surfer. Did the guy even phase? I can't recall, but i remember him being wrapped up by composite Johnny.

There is still no chance for Doomsday to win this anyway, even if he could theoretically punch out the Surfer, Surfer would avoid it thru superior mobility, and phasing.

We're talking about the guy who managed to BFR a gigantic space death cloud larger than Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousODG View Post
    We're talking about the guy who managed to BFR a gigantic space death cloud larger than Earth?
    the suicide attack KO'd Surfer in the end so if he tryd it it just ends up a stalemate transmutation or a core energy blast is the way he wins.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

looking back at surfer, i gotta say he's a bit too much for DD.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousODG View Post
    He also did it after reviving Sue, which clearly indicated he lost some of his powers.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix