Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dragon Ball Z plot devices in the real world

You are given the choice of picking one of the three following :

1. Senzu Beans
    2. Access to the Room of Spirit and Time
    3. Capsules

You have access to as many as 10 a day. You cannot harvest and grow them. You only have 10 in one day. As per Senzu rules, they help you gain energy and muscle strength back. Will not cure any sicknesses.

You have unlimited access to the room of spirit and time. Unlike the DBZ version though, you have standard gravity. Inside the room, you get things like your own personal gym, computer, resting place and plenty of food. Additionally, you will only age proportionate to one day, as opposed to the full year that the room would normally grow you by,

You have access to any and all capsules that DBZ has shown to be able to compress. House, cars, airplane, guns, etc etc.

Which do you choose?
    Last edited by Kuro; 04-17-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

senzu-bean-meme.jpg

I mean, seriously, I can charge people a minor fortune for healing after accidents, and I only need to eat one every ten days to not die of starvation and malnutrition. The things probably even lengthen my lifespan significantly.

How do I access the RoSaT?

Can I just move there?

Sounds cool.

You have the ability to go there through any door .

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Hmm... I mean, god, can you imagine the money you could make off of Capsule Tech? I think that's really one of the under appreciated miracles of the DBZ world.

On the other hand, Senzu beans mean nearly perfect health for as long as your lifespan can allow for it, and you can also make money with miracle cures, but having access to only ten a day limits things.

Either way, though, I can easily see getting killed by someone trying to steal them from me.

Whereas the Spirit-Time Room, if I can just use it to teleport where ever, just imagine what I could steal!

Mighty Member

It's the beans. Health is more important that inflatable houses, etc.

Stealing stuff - so what. You will be caught on recordings and they will come for you at night.

Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    It's the beans. Health is more important that inflatable houses, etc.

Stealing stuff - so what. You will be caught on recordings and they will come for you at night.
    Ehhh, I'm not liking the police's chances of catching someone who can probably remember to wear full body coverage, left no trail, and may not even be in their jurisdiction/continent. As long as you're staying things that can't really be tracked, you're probably safe, and can likely escape custody the moment you come across a doorway.

Mighty Member

When you are on video, the entire world will know it if you steal anything of real value. Then if you try to sell it - that will be recorded, esp. if it is a big item.

Then what do you do with the cash? Put it in the bank and tax folks and drug folks around the world light up for extremely large deposits. You need to be wired into criminal organization to launder the money. The room doesn't do that for you.

Things that can't be tracked aren't really worth that much. Steal a rare diamond - they are laser etched nowadays. Steal a painting - do you know the hidden dark art markets?

I'd prefer the capsules, if the tech could be reverse engineered. Having my own pop up car - so what - prefer the beans.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    When you are on video, the entire world will know it if you steal anything of real value. Then if you try to sell it - that will be recorded, esp. if it is a big item.

Then what do you do with the cash? Put it in the bank and tax folks and drug folks around the world light up for extremely large deposits. You need to be wired into criminal organization to launder the money. The room doesn't do that for you.

Things that can't be tracked aren't really worth that much. Steal a rare diamond - they are laser etched nowadays. Steal a painting - do you know the hidden dark art markets?

I'd prefer the capsules, if the tech could be reverse engineered. Having my own pop up car - so what - prefer the beans.
    So... Guess my question is, why are we all of a sudden just gonna go full criminal mastermind? Like.. Why would I start stealing big/worthless stuff?

I mean if that's your problem with it, fine, but I ain't you.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Capsules all the way would not even try to make money off them 10 a day you could basically travel anywhere you want and really only worry about gas. If you could sell them you may become the richest person alive by bringing something extremely handy to the public.

Astonishing Member

The thing with the Sensu's instant strength and recovery is, unless you work yourself to near collapse you will see no benefit.

If you do work yourself to near collapse regularly, however you would see amazing gains.

You could make a large fortune selling the Senzu to pro athletes/bodybuilders.

They don't cure diseases so I don't see them as the game changing invention the capsules are.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The thing with the Sensu's instant strength and recovery is, unless you work yourself to near collapse you will see no benefit.

If you do work yourself to near collapse regularly, however you would see amazing gains.

You could make a large fortune selling the Senzu to pro athletes/bodybuilders.

They don't cure diseases so I don't see them as the game changing invention the capsules are.
    They don't, but they do heal injuries. Stuff like impalement and supposedly limb loss if caught before the stump heals over. Presumably they'll help with generic wear and tear of the body as well. (Goku's heart condition, since it was caused by a virus, should not be seen as contraindicative of this.)

Assuming the capsules can't be reverse engineered, their main benefit is to give you access to stuff you ought to generally have access to anyway. Shelter, transportation, weapons for self-defense. I forget if they do food or medicine, but it seems likely the fridge comes stocked at least. My feeling is that unless you get creative (With ten houses a day, you could probably set yourself up as a charity to help the homeless) you only need one house, car, or <insert kitchen appliance of choice here> most of the time, and food just depends on having some money on hand. They're really great if you want to travel a lot, though, so I guess it comes down to lifestyle.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    weapons for self-defense
    Why is this important? I find it interesting that people's minds here gravitate instantly to fighting/combat/stealing.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Why is this important? I find it interesting that people's minds here gravitate instantly to fighting/combat/stealing.
    My initial thought was honestly 'neat, I can get a whole lot more done on the weekends with that time dilation room', which, I'll admit, was kinda disappointing.

I mean that's surprisingly practical.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Swiss army nerd

Hasn't Bulma put a time machine in a capsule before? Do I get a time machine if I pick capsules?

I'd take capsules anyway, I think. The changes you could make to the world with capsule tech are immense. Deliver infrastructure to deprived areas, transport massive amounts of food and water etc. And if I get time travel out of the deal, so much the better...