Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Why is this important? I find it interesting that people's minds here gravitate instantly to fighting/combat/stealing.
    It honestly isn't, as far as my assessment went. I'm honestly not sure why I thought it was a thing - I was looking at a list of capsule contents to see whether food was explicitly available, and for some reason thought I saw machine guns on there somewhere. (The Red Ribbon Army does have a bunch of vehicles listed, but that's the closest I see.) Since it was something senzu beans - my own choice - didn't innately provide, I mentioned it. It might just have been because guns are mentioned for capsules in the OP.

Anyways, my point had been that if I wanted appliances or guns for some reason, I could just buy them with the money I could make from regrowing people's arms with senzu beans.

That said, I somehow missed that the capsule list has hoverbikes, power suits, robots, submarines, and a time machine. Those are much better reasons to pick capsules.

Astonishing Member The Chou Lives's Avatar

Capsule tech all the way here.

Amazing Member

For me, Capsule tech since Senzu don't heal disease/ illness, I can't use it to fix my health problem and the ROSAT while giving me a lot of spare time in one day is not exactly an ideal environment (10x gravity,rapidly changing weather that is torturous to endure (according to Goku) ) so Capsule Tech it is...

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    It's the beans. Health is more important that inflatable houses, etc.

Stealing stuff - so what. You will be caught on recordings and they will come for you at night.
    Except I'll be living in the Spirit/Time Room. How are they going to find me?

When you are on video, the entire world will know it if you steal anything of real value. Then if you try to sell it - that will be recorded, esp. if it is a big item.
    What do you think I'm going to steal? Jets? I'm just thinking basics like food and shampoo, dude. If I can just teleport anywhere in the world, presumably right into any store, I can just grab a few things and teleport back out before anyone has time to react.

Then what do you do with the cash? Put it in the bank and tax folks and drug folks around the world light up for extremely large deposits. You need to be wired into criminal organization to launder the money. The room doesn't do that for you.
    I'd keep the cash in my room and spend it elsewhere.

Things that can't be tracked aren't really worth that much. Steal a rare diamond - they are laser etched nowadays. Steal a painting - do you know the hidden dark art markets?
    I'd more likely steal books or video games or something like that. Although I can do that anyway through piracy, so the room doesn't help me much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Why is this important? I find it interesting that people's minds here gravitate instantly to fighting/combat/stealing.
    Mine went instantly to profit, of which stealing is one avenue. Instead of making money to buy apples, I could just take the apples. Cut out the middle man.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 04-19-2017 at 04:36 AM.

I'm surprised that the Room of Spirit and Time is getting so little love.

Imagine going into the room, then coming out a few hours later completely ripped and or jacked from the workouts you'd be have.

Or you can basically have the world's biggest hangover, go into the room, come out completely rested up.

This effectively solves the problem that most people have today : Not enough time.

Oh, and you can always party in the room, too...
    Last edited by Kuro; 04-18-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post

Imagine going into the room, then coming out a few hours later completely ripped and or jacked from the workouts you'd be have.

Or you can basically have the world's biggest hangover, go into the room, come out completely rested up.

This effectively solves the problem that most people have today : Not enough time.

I could use it to write books and never miss a schedule.

I think the issue is that you don't quit aging in the Spirit/Time Room, so by everyone's perspective, you're suddenly getting older at an alarmingly accelerated rate. And yeah, you could sleep off hangovers and get jacked and everything and to everyone else, it'll look instant, but you yourself have to actually put in all the grueling work. Besides which, unless you bring your own equipment and power source into the room, you literally just have the one building in an endless void space that I believe becomes lethal if you venture too far from safety, so you might pretty quickly go crazy or get killed in there if you're not careful.

I stipulated that you age only one day in the room, not the whole year, actually

I stipulated that you age only one day in the room, not the whole year, actually
    Oh, shit, well, yeah, totally, I would just go live in there, then. Wouldn't need to steal a thing, as long as I can obtain internet access in some fashion. Holy crap. Can you imagine how long your life could be, as long as you took care of yourself properly?

Spectacular Member

You can get lost in there and not find your way back out.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Oh, shit, well, yeah, totally, I would just go live in there, then. Wouldn't need to steal a thing, as long as I can obtain internet access in some fashion. Holy crap. Can you imagine how long your life could be, as long as you took care of yourself properly?
    I mean... A day is a day is 24 hour year is... Millenia?
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Attachment 48145

I mean, seriously, I can charge people a minor fortune for healing after accidents, and I only need to eat one every ten days to not die of starvation and malnutrition. The things probably even lengthen my lifespan significantly.
    Depends on how reproducible they are. If you can't grow more Senzu Beans then they are a very limited resource. Likewise if science can reproduce the Hoi-Poi capsules then they are much more useful than if you have the only one.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Depends on how reproducible they are. If you can't grow more Senzu Beans then they are a very limited resource. Likewise if science can reproduce the Hoi-Poi capsules then they are much more useful than if you have the only one.
    OP says I get 10 per day, no stockpiling or trying to grow a bumper crop.

As I see it, I'm not starting a medical revolution, but I can arrange to heal nine or ten people a day without worrying about running out.