Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    MOVIES
    Joker / Jack Napier (Batman 1989) - Magnificent performance by Jack Nicholson. Set the standard for villains.
    Sheriff John Herod (The Quick and the Dead 1995) - Gene Hackman basically plays the same type of character from Unforgiven.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Good call on Herod!
    Ditto. That was a great character, and a really great performance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Wasn't she on Star Trek: The Next Generation at the start of the show?
    Yeah... She was the doctor while Beverly Crusher was out... Some producers didn't like ole Beverly. Dr Pulaski?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

When it comes to the comics, Doom is one that stands above all. It's a shame that the movies have not done him justice unless you count Darth Vader.
    Stan and Jack really upped his game when he takes down the Silver Surfer #57, signalling that he is their big bad of the MU.

Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    When it comes to the comics, Doom is one that stands above all. It's a shame that the movies have not done him justice unless you count Darth Vader.
    Stan and Jack really upped his game when he takes down the Silver Surfer #57, signalling that he is their big bad of the MU.

When I retire from my job, this DOOM will be part of my Jack Kirby tattoo sleeve. It will be glorious.

How long do you have to wait? It will be awesome as a sleeve, but how about the back? Then they won't notice it at work if there's a dress code of some kind.

How long do you have to wait? It will be awesome as a sleeve, but how about the back? Then they won't notice it at work if there's a dress code of some kind.
    Unfortunately I wear a uniform, so I gotta wait a wee bit. A little over 3 more years till retirement & then I get my hands on that sweet, sweet 401k & state pension $$$. The tattoo artists I want to choose from are truly gifted & unfortunately far away so I'll have to fly to get work done.

I hope it turns out as well as the Kirby original!

Since some of the villains in the films that I would have named have already been mentioned like Darth Vader, Hans Gruber, John Herod ,etc I'll try and go off the beaten path a bit and delve into some perhaps lesser known films BTW, as for Khan in Star Trek, only the Ricardo Montalban version for me. Cumberbatch was OK but didn't top the original.

When I was young, one of the first "grown up" horror films that really left an impression on me was "Night of the Hunter". The villain was serial killer and phony preacher Harry Powell. Robert Mitchum gives an unforgettable performance and makes the hymn "Leaning on the Everlasting Arm" sound sinister.

And sometimes inanimate things can be villains. The classic choice would be the HAL from 2001 A Space Odyssey but I'm gonna go to something less well known.

Not exactly a classic film but more of a near-miss is "Event Horizon" with Sam O'Neill and Laurence Fishburne. It was a strange mix of sci fi and horror by a not so great director. But the title ship the Event Horizon itself is the most scary, creepy and downright malevolent vessel you'd ever have the misfortune of being a crew member of. Maybe she wasn't so "inanimate" after all.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-25-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A couple more memorable bad guys, well memorable to me anyway:

--Cyrus "The Virus" Grissom, the brilliant but psychotic criminal genius from Con Air who hijacks a federal airplane loaded with criminal madmen and killers, and was played with deliciously psychotic aplomb by John Malkovich.

--Vic Deakins (John Travolta) from Broken Arrow, a disillusioned Air Force Major who commandeers a B-2 Stealth Bomber with two nuclear missiles to use in an elaborate blackmail scheme against the U.S., one of which he detonated.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Unfortunately I wear a uniform, so I gotta wait a wee bit. A little over 3 more years till retirement & then I get my hands on that sweet, sweet 401k & state pension $$$. The tattoo artists I want to choose from are truly gifted & unfortunately far away so I'll have to fly to get work done.
    Imagine putting it in your chest! Bam! First thing anyone would see!

I almost suggested the tatt for the chest too but thought the back would allow for a smoother canvas.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A couple more memorable bad guys, well memorable to me anyway:

--Cyrus "The Virus" Grissom, the brilliant but psychotic criminal genius from Con Air who hijacks a federal airplane loaded with criminal madmen and killers, and was played with deliciously psychotic aplomb by John Malkovich.

--Vic Deakins (John Travolta) from Broken Arrow, a disillusioned Air Force Major who commandeers a B-2 Stealth Bomber with two nuclear missiles to use in an elaborate blackmail scheme against the U.S., one of which he detonated.
    Good call....and to spin off of your choices

John Travolta and Nicholas Cage both played Castor Troy in "Face/Off"

Astonishing Member

Movies
    "Not God...Zod."-Terence Stamp and Shannon was pretty good too.- Superman 2

Nino Brown-"Get ya 5$ ass outta here before I make change!"-New Jack City

Nomak-Tragic,sympathetic,evil and physically awesome all at the same time.-Blade 2

Col. Jessup-"You can't handle the truth!"-A Few Good Men

Luther-"They shot Cyrus man!" -The Warriors

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Good call....and to spin off of your choices

John Travolta and Nicholas Cage both played Castor Troy in "Face/Off"
    Excellent! And yet another Travolta bad guy role was CIA spook Gabriel Shear in Swordfish, a film which brought together Wolverine (Hugh Jackman as a reluctant computer hacker), Storm (Halle Berry as Shear's gal pal) and War Machine (Don Cheadle as an FBI agent).
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Michael Wincott as Top Dollar/Philo Gant/Rochefort/Michael Korda
    Mr. Sinister

Mighty Member

Richmond Valentine (Kingsman: The Secret Service)