Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Will DC ever resolve Wonder Woman's brother issue?

I just read the paperback of Justice League issues 45-50 and forgot that they mentioned Diana having a brother. Is this going to be explored or is DC going to ignore this altogether? If they do it will remind me of the way Marvel brushed aside Peter Parker and Mary Jane's baby.

Is he actually Diana's fraternal twin? Or no because both are made of clay?

Mighty Member

Hope not. It was a dumb idea.

No . Everything was a lie. Rucka already said that. Jason not real. It was a dumb idea. I mean it was new 52 and for Diana it's no longer try. They did resolve it won Rucka's run. All new 52 was a lie
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Hope not. It was a dumb idea.
    1+

I'd rather to get a decent status quo with Donna.

Spectacular Member

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think the brother plot could be interesting if handled well.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    No . Everything was a lie. Rucka already said that. Jason not real. It was a dumb idea. I mean it was new 52 and for Diana it's no longer try. They did resolve it won Rucka's run. All new 52 was a lie
    Don't think that's true at all. Rucka even acknowledged his existence.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

I'd rather to get a decent status quo with Donna.
    They already messed that up in the Titans Annual.

I am not familiar with him.

Is this a brother from another mother? Or same mother different father? If they have both parents in common, is he Wonder Man?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am not familiar with him.

Is this a brother from another mother? Or same mother different father? If they have both parents in common, is he Wonder Man?
    Brother name is Jason, and he is the twin brother of Diana. Supposedly born from Hippolyta and Zeus. He was mentioned in Justice Legaue Darkseid War when Grail was searching for the first man to set foot on Themyscira. He was also mentioned again in the DC Rebirth Special.

There has been no mention of him since then.

Thank you, Fenix.

As Diana's twin, I would think he would have super powers....Maybe they will reintroduce him.

I'm almost positive that if Gail Simone is back on the series, she'll use Jason. It seems up her alley.

Rucka said he would deal with her origin. He did he brought up Perez's origin for Diana and the face new 52 amazons and paradise Island was a lie. So yea. 10 years of her left was a lie. Which includes Jason. I don't want the Zeus origin to be true because really after Azz screwed up the amazons and how he wrote women we don't need a reminded
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-17-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

Fantastic Member

Jason is an idea that would work better as an Elseworld than something mainstream.

We already got firstborn such was anti-climax . So what would be the point to being Jason back has it was the weakest point and the fact 10 years were a lie for Diana this means Japan most likely doesn't exist has Rick shim self state he would straighten out her origin. Why can't Jason be a lie ? It's really no point since its in the new 52 world for Diana.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So yea. 10 years of her left was a lie.
    Not all of New 52 was lie, and it directly contradicts the Rebirth initiative in which DC has stated multiple times that New 52 is still canon until otherwise stated. The only thing that we know for a fact is a lie was New 52 Paradise Island, which was hinted to back in Darkseid War when Myrina warned Diana that there was lies about the island. However, Jason was not apart of the new 52 paradise island.

Mighty Member

I can't say I have any interest in WW's brother. Part of that is because I don't think long lost family members are generally handled all that well; most of the time, it just feels like a cheap attempt at lazy drama. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but, in the meantime, I'm happy to not hear of him again.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Its looking less and less likely, which is a shame. It was an intriguing idea, and Johns only has one of those a year or so anymore. Too bad it was one that didn't get pushed.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.