Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I'm still surprised no one has revealed that Kitty or literally ANYONE from the New Mutants is LGBT+.
    Karma is lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Pandering, pure and simple.
    Anything that makes a portion of the audience happy could be considered pandering.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    The fact Jean Grey and Ghost Rider are arguing about coming back from the dead and Angel is hugging an invisible wall while watching just makes it all the more brilliant. XD
    That’s actually the Black Widow, and she and Ghost Rider should be discussing belt designs.

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    Karma is lesbian.
    And for some reason people seem to forget that.

But to me Rictor I didn't mind but for Iceman it was pure and simply a stunt and I do not see it helping the character.

To me I rather they actually make a character with a backstory of them being either gay or bi.

Or had some parts in the characters history that kind of prove it. Than people just assuming the character should be gay or bi just for the heck of it.

And sorry I don't see Kitty being bi just because you are saying Claremont had plans for that I just don't see it.

Yeah and I am not being mean or anything just my view on it.

I do get it that making a new character would be hard to get out of the ground than just changing a popular establish character just to fit a certain group.

But for me the Iceman reveal will always be poorly done and just a stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    for Iceman it was pure and simply a stunt and I do not see it helping the character.
    He has an upcoming solo series that he probably wouldn't have gotten without coming out.

Can we get a Mod to change the title of this thread to "Some Straight People Don't Understand Subtext"?

To me I rather they actually make a character with a backstory of them being either gay or bi.

Or had some parts in the characters history that kind of prove it. Than people just assuming the character should be gay or bi just for the heck of it..
    Not everyone realizes that they are gay or bi until later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    He has an upcoming solo series that he probably wouldn't have gotten without coming out.

Can we get a Mod to change the title of this thread to "Some Straight People Don't Understand Subtext"?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Or in some cases, they're scared and don't find the courage to embrace their life being changed in that way until later in life. There are any number of reasons why someone keeps their being gay a secret, or even lives their life acting straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    In Real life yes but we are talking about comic book character in which there are hints to show or if it was done correctly.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

In Real life yes but we are talking about comic book character in which there are hints to show or if it was done correctly.
    Hints like this?
    subtext.jpg

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    That’s actually the Black Widow, and she and Ghost Rider should be discussing belt designs.
    Even better. I love the Black Widow/Ghost Rider/Hercules/X-Men crossovers!

Well haven't folks been saying they're have been clues and hints. Its just a matter of how one perceives and translates said hints. Just like the hints and clues laid in the past regarding Rictor.

The boys are just more subtle because OOOOH TABOOOOO. Whereas lady stuff is all very "OOOOOOH SEXOOOOO" <insert eye roll here>

Unlike, say, all the "spit in your eye, slap you across the face" subtext given to, say, Kitty or Ororo? If either of THOSE gals were revealed to be card carrying members for Lady Pond Home Depot, well...folks might be mad but the clues and hints left welts on anyone who read the stuff, ammirite?

Edit: See SchismOfMadroces's above post.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Hints like this?
    subtext.jpg
    And that was just one hint, if there haven't been other time and just that one. And hey there are a lot of straight females that do play with each other like that. But if there is only that then it doesn't proves she's gay or bi.

That's just one example of many.
    And with the girls, the subtext was VERY strong. I mean they might as well have just flat out asked each other: "Hey do you wanna make out or grope each other?"

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

And that was just one hint, if there haven't been other time and just that one. And hey there are a lot of straight females that do play with each other like that. But if there is only that then it doesn't proves she's gay or bi.
    Oh, there's plenty more, this one is just one of the most prominent instances of Kitty's bisexual subtext from the late 80's early 90's. Alan Davis, the artist for these panels even said he drew them with the intent to depict Courtney trying to seduce Kitty.

There's a lot between Kitty and Illyana and Kitty and Rachel specifically that's a bit less overt. Because, well, compared to this, it'd have to be to qualify as subtext.
    Last edited by SchismOfMadroces; 04-19-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Oh, there's plenty more, this one is just one of the most prominent instances of Kitty's bisexual subtext from the late 80's early 90's. Alan Davis, the artist for these panels even said he drew them with the intent to depict Courtney trying to seduce Kitty.

There's a lot between Kitty and Illyana and Kitty and Rachel specifically that's a bit less overt. Because, well, compared to this, it'd have to be to qualify as subtext.
    I bet but if they haven't follow suit, I still see her as just a straight character just because of few things that wouldn't still put here as Bi.