Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    I bet but if they haven't follow suit, I still see her as just a straight character just because of few things that wouldn't still put here as Bi.
    Your denial is as strong as Bobby's was.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Your denial is as strong as Bobby's was.
    Not denial I just don't seeing just making her bi will help the character.

You do remember back in those days they was gearing to young boys. But no denial I just find it boring and seems people are doing this more like a fanfic. When changing a establish character sexuality for no reason.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Not denial I just don't seeing just making her bi will help the character.

You do remember back in those days they was gearing to young boys. But no denial I just find it boring and seems people are doing this more like a fanfic. When changing a establish character sexuality for no reason.
    I think the point here is that there is a ton of existing context for Kitty being bi.

Here's a link for further reading on the matter: http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2014/10...-sigrid-ellis/

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I think the point here is that there is a ton of existing context for Kitty being bi.

Here's a link for further reading on the matter: http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2014/10...-sigrid-ellis/
    Oh trust me I know but it would not make any sense now to make her bi and I fill that it would hurt her character more.

But that is me and we all know a writer can just change her but to me I just see this if that happen as just stunt or more something towards a fanfic.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Hints like this?
    Attachment 48292
    The dodgy thing here is that she's only 15 and the woman is meant to be much older, and even then is actually another magic woman pretending to be someone else.

I dont doubt that Kitty being lesbian or bi may have been a thing at one time, but using this horrible grooming panel as evidence of possible LGBT subtext just sits....wrong to me.

(I know it likely wasn't your intention, but still, groomy child abuse stuff never sits right....)

In terms of Pryde coming out not, while the context may be there, I'd actually find it a bit OOC. She's so loud and brash and irritating about everything she does, that if she actually was lesbian or bi, she'd have made a big deal of it by now. The ship's sailed thanks to how she's been written since.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 04-19-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The dodgy thing here is that she's only 15 and the woman is meant to be much older, and even then is actually another magic woman pretending to be someone else.

I dont doubt that Kitty being lesbian or bi may have been a thing at one time, but using this horrible grooming panel as evidence of possible LGBT subtext just sits....wrong to me.

(I know it likely wasn't your intention, but still, groomy child abuse stuff never sits right....)

In terms of Pryde coming out not, while the context may be there, I'd actually find it a bit OOC. She's so loud and brash and irritating about everything she does, that is she actually was lesbian or bi, she'd have made a big deal of it by now. The ship's sailed thanks to how she's been written since.
    That I agree if there was all these hints they would have done it by now, and that would be the same with Iceman since they could have been out him out....sorry....that why when they (Bendis) had him come out it was poorly done and gotten some bad responsive on it. And yeah that ship sail a long time ago.

In terms of Pryde coming out not, while the context may be there, I'd actually find it a bit OOC. She's so loud and brash and irritating about everything she does, that if she actually was lesbian or bi, she'd have made a big deal of it by now. The ship's sailed thanks to how she's been written since.
    I don't know about that. When do the X-Men ever made a big deal about sexuality in the first place? The whole ruckus with Bobby is that he was intentionally suppressing his sexuality because of his own insecurities.

Look at Psylocke. She hooked up with Cluster, but didn't make a big deal about it. You could argue "oh it's just Fantomex, it's because she liked him as a person despite being a girl" and it's like... still, you would think Psylocke would have some big crisis about her sexuality anyway? iirc she didn't really. The conclusion to draw about that situation, is some characters just don't make a big deal or announce their preferences or revelations about their sexuality. Kitty is a loud mouth, but she doesn't have to always express every single thought or revelation, especially on-panel.

I think if Kitty was revealed as bi (lesbian I think would be a lot harder), it could be something like Psylocke's situation, where she was aware of it but it wasn't a big deal or mentioned on-panel. Or she could identify as 'straight' but be a 1 or 2 on the Kinsey scale.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-19-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar

That I agree if there was all these hints they would have done it by now, and that would be the same with Iceman since they could have been out him out....sorry....that why when they (Bendis) had him come out it was poorly done and gotten some bad responsive on it. And yeah that ship sail a long time ago.
    I don't think it's the same at all. The ship has sailed with Kitty because it's part of her character to be proud of who she is and shout it from the rooftops. Repression has always been part of Bobby's character, so it makes sense that it would take his younger self moving on in life without him to force him out of the closet.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

In terms of Pryde coming out not, while the context may be there, I'd actually find it a bit OOC. She's so loud and brash and irritating about everything she does, that is she actually was lesbian or bi, she'd have made a big deal of it by now. The ship's sailed thanks to how she's been written since.
    The bolded made me laugh, and is now my favorite way of describing Sat-Yr-9. And I definitely agree, Sat is an abusive-on-all-levels creep that shouldn't be anywhere near, well, anyone.

I can definitely see where you're coming from with Kitty, though, with the ship already sailed. However, the two women in whom she's most invested tend to have really poor availability in terms of relationships. Illyana's either dead, a child, in prison, or hiding in a bunker. Rachel's super-old in the future, stuck in an orphaned timeline, way out in space (which Kitty hates), etc.

Maybe now that the X-Men are in a way more stable place in the MU than they have been in a while, Kitty might have the time and opportunity to actually explore something with either of them.

Mighty Member

Some quick questions about Adult Gay Iceman -

1) Has he had a discussion with Kitty about his coming out?
    2) What issue does he come out in?
    3) Which issue does Adult Bobby talk with his teenage self about his sexuality?

I want to read about the adult Iceman coming out, don't care for the teenage issues.

Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Some quick questions about Adult Gay Iceman -

1) Has he had a discussion with Kitty about his coming out?
    2) What issue does he come out in?
    3) Which issue does Adult Bobby talk with his teenage self about his sexuality?

I want to read about the adult Iceman coming out, don't care for the teenage issues.
    1. He and Kitty will appear together in Iceman #2. I think that comes out in June.
    2 and 3. Uncanny X-men #600 should answer both questions

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I don't think it's the same at all. The ship has sailed with Kitty because it's part of her character to be proud of who she is and shout it from the rooftops. Repression has always been part of Bobby's character, so it makes sense that it would take his younger self moving on in life without him to force him out of the closet.
    Exactly, that was exactly what I meant.

The bolded made me laugh, and is now my favorite way of describing Sat-Yr-9. And I definitely agree, Sat is an abusive-on-all-levels creep that shouldn't be anywhere near, well, anyone.
    Hehe, I just wanted to keep it simple.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Karma told Kitty that she had feelings for her, Kitty wasn't sure how she felt. Kitty didn't tell her that she 100% is not into girls. There's no "proof" that she's straight. But I don't see why gay/bi characters are the only characters that need "proof" that their sexuality is legitimate or why all characters have to be assumed straight unless otherwise blatantly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Karma told Kitty that she had feelings for her, Kitty wasn't sure how she felt. Kitty didn't tell her that she 100% is not into girls. There's no "proof" that she's straight. But I don't see why gay/bi characters are the only characters that need "proof" that their sexuality is legitimate or why all characters have to be assumed straight unless otherwise blatantly stated.
    To me it comes with establish character they just up and change for no reason that's why I ask for a proof since many times they do these changes theres, no proof or a good reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I saw that other thread about Iceman and was shocked there was no anti-gay ranting. I knew it wouldn't be long before people started complaining again.
    Someone not liking the retcon doesnt make things anti-gay

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    when and where was this? Im assuming Astonishing?