Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    A lot of Pietro's and Wanda's problems with sanity started in the 80s though, which was after the Magneto reveal. And like I said before, it's mentioned within the stories that the fact their father is Magneto is what gives the twins the propensity to lose their minds and become evil. Prior to the reveal, the twins never had bouts of insanity. It was only after that they became metally unbalanced, just like their dad.
    In Marvel Tarot, Ian McNee blames Chthon and Set.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I did really love her hex bolts, and how she could do so much by sabotaging gear (your gun jammed! your shoelaces came untied!), the surroundings (street beneath you collapsing! power line falling on you!), or even someone's health (and now, because I hate you, you're having a stroke...). This whole chaos magic / reality manipulation / now I just make stuff up powerset doesn't appeal to me as much, because it's kind of lazy and makes her look kind of bad. Three words can change the world. Why is there still cancer? Because Wanda doesn't care to make it go away. Why are there still people hungry? Because Wanda hasn't said 'No More Hunger.' Terrorism? Wanda doesn't care. Racism? Wanda doesn't care. Incursions? Wanda doesn't care. Skrull invasions? Giant monsters? Hydra? Yet more things that don't bother Wanda enough to make go away with three words and a flick of her fingers. I don't blame Wanda for that, but it's out there, because Bendis decided to make her a plot point, not a usable character. (To replicate something that the High Evolutionary, who already kind of is a plot point, and not a character, had already done years before.)

I'd love if she got retconned yet one more time, to just have 'bad luck bolts' once again, and maybe a smattering of low-level spellcasting (with limited spells, like 'I can see/communicate with spirits' or 'I can ward this door behind us to make it hard to open' and not 'oh, I can waggle my fingers and throw Thor around' magic...).
    Chaos Magic has the obvious limitation of coming from Chthon, and thus the more Wanda uses it, the more he is able to influence and manipulate her. It was Bendis who made her OP by removing the limiting, "bill comes due" factor of Chthon and making her powers cost-free mutant reality warping.

Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    On the sub-topic of Billy and Tommy, wouldn't it be funky if the time that chunks of Mephisto's soul spent as babies being loved and adored by their parents had some sort of corruptive effect *on him?*

A future face off between Avengers and Mephisto could go awry (for him) when he finds himself unable to raise his hand against Wanda, who, for a tiny blip of a moment (compared to his immortal existence) showed (parts of) him love, something that he'd never experienced, and isn't sure he wants to think about too much...
    That's an interesting idea! And now that I think about it, it's possible that a portion of Mephisto's soul is STILL in Billy and Tommy, because originally we just thought that he was able to completely absorb the twins, but now we know that didn't happen, because some part of them managed to escape and reincarnate, and they've been keeping Billy and Tommy alive as they are ever since. So it's possible that there is still a connection there that could lead to some interesting stories... and now I hate myself for suggesting it because Marvel is probably never going to do anything with it.

Mighty Member

It is my hope that Secret Empire brings Wanda back to the Avengers and out of isolation. I think the character should be defined by her Avengers relationships. Her lapsed friendships with Hawkeye and Captain Marvel need to be revived.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It is my hope that Secret Empire brings Wanda back to the Avengers and out of isolation. I think the character should be defined by her Avengers relationships. Her lapsed friendships with Hawkeye and Captain Marvel need to be revived.
    Sadly, I think those friendships are way too far gone now. Carol is now a totally different character who already has Jessica, Kamala, and Abigail as her social set.
    Last edited by Relugus; 04-26-2017 at 03:01 AM.