Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default I don't think Marvel is really serious about the retcon with Pietro and Wanda

I read the Scarlet Witch series by James Robinson and it basically does nothing but retcon their "true" biological mother into becoming the 616-version of Ultimate Magda, the "Witch of Wundagore" (i.e. she's still a Gypsy witch who looks exactly like her daughter). It does not even bother to reveal their "true" biological father,which leads me to believe that they're going to just say that it really was Magneto all along, since the series already said that the High Evolutionary lied anyway about his "revelations" in Uncanny Avengers Volume 2.
    Last edited by Jdsm24; 04-18-2017 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    I read the Scarlet Witch series by James Robinson and it basically does nothing but retcon their "true" biological mother into becoming the 616-version of Ultimate Magda, the "Witch of Wundagore" (i.e. she's still a Gypsy witch who looks exactly like her daughter). It does not even bother to reveal their "true" biological father,which leads me to believe that they're going to just say that it really was Magneto all along, since the series already said that the High Evolutionary lied anyway about his "revelations" in Uncanny Avengers Volume 2.
    I didn't read the series but if what you wrote is true then I'm happy that Marvel is not going with that pointless retcon.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I doubt they'll reveal the father to be Magneto because that doesn't make a lot of sense given Wanda's spell in AXIS and given Magneto's history.

That being said, I do hope they wind it back slightly. I'm not saying re-retcon it back, but dangle the possibility that Wanda's reality altering powers could have altered their history to make them no longer Magneto's father when they had once been exactly that. If you really wanted to, you could say that the end of M-Day was Wanda trying to say that she and her brother were mutants no more.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Fantastic Member

Marvel hasn't been serious about any sense of continuity since Bendis hit it big it seems, since they let him do whatever he wants to. Now there is no continuity whatsoever between any of the books. You go from one book to another and it seems to be completely in a whole universe of its own.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Doublepost
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I felt the magneto link was what made the characters compelling. The scene in house of m at the start woth pietro about wanda was brilliant. They have all this histroy, so rich and diverse that i was shocked marvel did it to begin with. Op all in all i hope your right and i hope its mags again.
    I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.

Fantastic Member

I just realized now that Ultimate Wolverine Jr. i.e. James Hudson is confirmed to be the 3rd survivor of the Ultimate universe, Pietro and Wanda have another confirmed biological sibling (he is the result of a one-night stand between Ultimate Wolverine and the Ultimate Witch of Wundagore, as revealed in the various "so bad they're just bad except for the art" Ultimate Marvel mini-series written by Jeph Loeb)

Btw, if it is indeed Magneto who is their true biological father, then he killed Natasha Maximoff (it turns out the Twins' adoptive father was actually their biological maternal uncle), as her ghost reveals to Wanda in the penultimate issue of that series that she was killed by her babydaddy. Heh, if this is true, then Janet Van Dyne will have a 2nd ex-boyfriend who committed spousal abuse.
    Last edited by Jdsm24; 04-18-2017 at 05:06 AM.

Magneto killed his own family...say it ain't so. Everybody look at Zaladane...lol

figure-12b.jpg
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

I just realized now that Ultimate Wolverine Jr. i.e. James Hudson is confirmed to be the 3rd survivor of the Ultimate universe, Pietro and Wanda have another confirmed biological sibling (he is the result of a one-night stand between Ultimate Wolverine and the Ultimate Witch of Wundagore, as revealed in the various "so bad they're just bad except for the art" Ultimate Marvel mini-series written by Jeph Loeb)

Btw, if it is indeed Magneto who is their true biological father, then he killed Natasha Maximoff (it turns out the Twins' adoptive father was actually their biological maternal uncle), as her ghost reveals to Wanda in the penultimate issue of that series that she was killed by her babydaddy. Heh, if this is true, then Janet Van Dyne will have a 2nd ex-boyfriend who committed spousal abuse.
    I forgot about them being half siblings. Their meeting will be interesting.
    I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Marvel hasn't been serious about any sense of continuity since Bendis hit it big it seems, since they let him do whatever he wants to. Now there is no continuity whatsoever between any of the books. You go from one book to another and it seems to be completely in a whole universe of its own.
    Marvel hasn't been serious about any sense of continuity since Stan Lee retconned away well over half of Captain America canon, killed off Bucky, and froze Cap in ablock of ice, instead of both of them making it through the war in one piece.

Anyway, every book standing completely on its own is howthings are supposed to be.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

Spectacular Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I doubt they'll reveal the father to be Magneto because that doesn't make a lot of sense given Wanda's spell in AXIS and given Magneto's history.

That being said, I do hope they wind it back slightly. I'm not saying re-retcon it back, but dangle the possibility that Wanda's reality altering powers could have altered their history to make them no longer Magneto's father when they had once been exactly that. If you really wanted to, you could say that the end of M-Day was Wanda trying to say that she and her brother were mutants no more.
    That's basically been my headcanon. It makes a lot of sense to me that someone with the kind of power that Wanda has and all of the emotional/psychological wounds from being a mutant and Magneto's daughter might have just snapped one day and decided that she wanted a different life.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Marvel hasn't been serious about any sense of continuity since Stan Lee retconned away well over half of Captain America canon, killed off Bucky, and froze Cap in ablock of ice, instead of both of them making it through the war in one piece.

Anyway, every book standing completely on its own is howthings are supposed to be.
    Good point.

Well nothing is definitive in comics.

And continuity is no longer something that marvel or writers care about much preferring creative freedom so it would not be surprising if in a few years it would be changed or undone as if it had never happened.

Especially if the issues surrounding Fox and Marvel end one day.

Astonishing Member

There are more than three Ultimate survivors. I assume the two you mention are Miles Morales and The Maker - but don't forget about Miles's supporting cast, which include another superhero, Bombshell.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Wanda's spell in AXIS is about as much proof as a talking cow saying who your dad was. Wanda never even considered Magneto her father, so there was a chance the spell reacted to that, also we never saw how the spell affected any other members of Wanda's family. Still after everything, it makes you wonder why Wanda doesn't just get a DNA test like Polaris did.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/