Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The High Evolutionary kept the kids in stasis in Wundegore for a few decades to study before giving them to the Maximoffs. There in one line I just fixed ever problem you thought of.
    So how come they don't remember it? It's such a clumsy work around. It's much simpler if Claremont hadn't changed the circumstances of their birth in the first place by changing the Avengers story so that Anya shows up at Mt Wundagore at the same time as Madeline Frank. And both women at the same late stage of their pregnancies.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

Whizzer and Madeline Frank are awful characters. I'm glad that they aren't the parents of Wanda and Pietro. I've also grown to enjoy Magneto no longer being beholden to them. the twins were incredibly whiny about being trained to survive/fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The High Evolutionary kept the kids in stasis in Wundegore for a few decades to study before giving them to the Maximoffs. There in one line I just fixed ever problem you thought of.
    it amazes me that people are so ignorant of this story point.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Not talking about the eighties. I started buying comics in the sixties. At no point did I say it was a recent thing. I'm just saying I used to like it more when a character, group etc. had one book a month, and if there was a crossover, it was better planned and coordinated. Wolverine appeared sparingly back in the day. You said yourself, from 1974 to 1988 he wasn't all over the place. Even when he and Spider-Man started appearing more, it was a lot better planned. All I said in my post was that I preferred the single book a month format, with occasional guest appearances. It's just a money grab now, where a core concept is diluted to a ridiculous degree.
    But heroes, especially popular heroes, have appeared in multiple titles since the 1940s. Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, etc. have had multiple solo titles for the majority of their publishing history. That doesn't even take into account team books or guest appearances. It took Wolverine 13 years to get to that point, but he has been there for most of his history.

The closest Marvel has come to the situation you describe was in the 1960s when the number of titles was capped due to a distribution deal they had with DC. Once they got a new distribution deal, the number of titles expanded. You are expecting Marvel and other publishers to limit titles that are profitable. This is not a realistic expectation.

At the end of the day, you need to remember the MST3K mantra. "Just repeat to yourself, it's just a show (or comic). I should really just relax."

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    But heroes, especially popular heroes, have appeared in multiple titles since the 1940s. Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, etc. have had multiple solo titles for the majority of their publishing history. That doesn't even take into account team books or guest appearances. It took Wolverine 13 years to get to that point, but he has been there for most of his history.

The closest Marvel has come to the situation you describe was in the 1960s when the number of titles was capped due to a distribution deal they had with DC. Once they got a new distribution deal, the number of titles expanded. You are expecting Marvel and other publishers to limit titles that are profitable. This is not a realistic expectation.

At the end of the day, you need to remember the MST3K mantra. "Just repeat to yourself, it's just a show (or comic). I should really just relax."
    As I've said more than once, when I started collecting in the late sixties, Spider-Man, Cap and everyone else under the Marvel banner had only one title. Batman had his own title plus Detective. Superman had his own title plus Action. I know it's profitable to have multiple titles featuring the same character, I just don't like it. It waters down the core concept. Now we have multiple Spider people, including Spider-Gwen. What's next, Spider-Aunt May? There's like a dozen Avengers title out there, and none of them really captures the classic feel of the team. I know it's not going to change, I just want it to! I also thought the reason Marvel had a smaller number of titles back then was not because of a distribution deal, it was because Stan was writing every book by himself. Could be wrong though.

As I've said more than once, when I started collecting in the late sixties, Spider-Man, Cap and everyone else under the Marvel banner had only one title. Batman had his own title plus Detective. Superman had his own title plus Action. I know it's profitable to have multiple titles featuring the same character, I just don't like it. It waters down the core concept. Now we have multiple Spider people, including Spider-Gwen. What's next, Spider-Aunt May? There's like a dozen Avengers title out there, and none of them really captures the classic feel of the team. I know it's not going to change, I just want it to! I also thought the reason Marvel had a smaller number of titles back then was not because of a distribution deal, it was because Stan was writing every book by himself. Could be wrong though.
    Superman also had Superboy, Adventure, World's Finest, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen. Batman had World's Finest and Brave and the Bold. On the Marvel side, Nick Fury was both a WWII sergeant and a Cold War Spy. Human Torch had a solo run in Strange Tales.

And if Peter Parker is still Spider-Man, then what does it matter that there is a Spider Gwen, Miles Morales, or Miguel O'Hara title? Can't you stick with the classic Amazing title and just enjoy it? Is the quality of ASM affected by the mere existence of other titles? Can't you just read the titles you like and ignore the ones you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Superman also had Superboy, Adventure, World's Finest, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen. Batman had World's Finest and Brave and the Bold. On the Marvel side, Nick Fury was both a WWII sergeant and a Cold War Spy. Human Torch had a solo run in Strange Tales.

And if Peter Parker is still Spider-Man, then what does it matter that there is a Spider Gwen, Miles Morales, or Miguel O'Hara title? Can't you stick with the classic Amazing title and just enjoy it? Is the quality of ASM affected by the mere existence of other titles? Can't you just read the titles you like and ignore the ones you don't?
    Eh, just ignore these drama babies. They want an excuse to be outraged over anything. You ever hear anybody complainng about the Superman books or the Batman books?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I doubt they'll reveal the father to be Magneto because that doesn't make a lot of sense given Wanda's spell in AXIS and given Magneto's history.

That being said, I do hope they wind it back slightly. I'm not saying re-retcon it back, but dangle the possibility that Wanda's reality altering powers could have altered their history to make them no longer Magneto's father when they had once been exactly that. If you really wanted to, you could say that the end of M-Day was Wanda trying to say that she and her brother were mutants no more.
    That's my thought as well.
    Remember the end of HOM lead to the resurrections of Hawkeye and her twin boys. Maybe in her subconsciousness she wanted her friend and children back and not want to be Mageto's child anymore?
    Maybe post-HOM Wanda and Pietro is the same case as Billy and Tommy? They are reincarnations of pre-HOM twins, with the same soul but different parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    Eh, just ignore these drama babies. They want an excuse to be outraged over anything. You ever hear anybody complainng about the Superman books or the Batman books?
    So I'm getting bashed for being nostalgic? Wow. I'm not outraged, I just preferred a simpler time. Also, I do enjoy a lot of regular titles, but every other month they get bogged down with another cross over, or my old favorites get replaced. Forget I said anything; only your opinions count. Geez.

So I'm getting bashed for being nostalgic? Wow. I'm not outraged, I just preferred a simpler time. Also, I do enjoy a lot of regular titles, but every other month they get bogged down with another cross over, or my old favorites get replaced. Forget I said anything; only your opinions count. Geez.
    To paraphrase a famous dead Celebrity, I don't agree with your opinion but I'm not preventing you from expressing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    I felt the magneto link was what made the characters compelling. The scene in house of m at the start woth pietro about wanda was brilliant. They have all this histroy, so rich and diverse that i was shocked marvel did it to begin with. Op all in all i hope your right and i hope its mags again.
    agreed.

10 char

But it's a false nostalgia for a time that never really existed. Popular heroes have always had multiple titles. There have always been legacy heroes dating back to the 1940s when Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr were around. Even Fantastic Four #1 back in 1961 had the second Human Torch. You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts.

i want a pietro and wanda incest run, so hot.

I could tell they were all over each other in Avengers Ultron. ... %)

Quote Originally Posted by DVGamer7 View Post

Well, you had their Ultimate versions

Quote Originally Posted by DVGamer7 View Post

Yeah that was the ultimate universe version of their characters not the main 616 version and in my honest opinion one of the worst things to come out of the ultimate marvel line of comics.