Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Disappointed in the direction that All New Wolverine is going in, not a fan of the guest starring stuff being so frequent(especially these characters).
    Blame marketing and her popularly, she was outselling guardians fot the past year and people are loosing interest in riri. They need to team up to generate interest in other books. The space stuff is to hold her over untill generations and what ever legacy is. Then we should get back on track. And hopfully her leading X-force or some other xbook.

Astonishing X-Men
    Cable
    Generation X
    Weapon X
    X-Men Blue
    X-Men Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Disappointed in the direction that All New Wolverine is going in, not a fan of the guest starring stuff being so frequent(especially these characters).
    This is one that makes some sense, though. She's dealing with an alien virus, and her past cosmic contacts are pretty much limited to:

Starjammers
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Enigma Force

The Enigma Force comes and goes as it pleases, and the Starjammers probably aren't easily reached. So the Guardians are kind of her only option by default.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    AN Wolverine Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This is one that makes some sense, though. She's dealing with an alien virus, and her past cosmic contacts are pretty much limited to:

Starjammers
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Enigma Force

The Enigma Force comes and goes as it pleases, and the Starjammers probably aren't easily reached. So the Guardians are kind of her only option by default.
    Fair point, I guess I'm just generally kind of over the more cosmic Marvel stuff and having any of it in relation to Laura is just the opposite from what I want from that series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, it was run by the Xorn Brothers. They died in a war or something (too complicated for me to pay attention) so Jean took over. Then she kind of went crazy and launched all-out war of Kitty's Utopia.
    Then it should be New Utopia. If Tian never existed in 616, how can there be a NEW Tian?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then it should be New Utopia. If Tian never existed in 616, how can there be a NEW Tian?
    Apparently, there was one in the 616: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Tian_(China)

BUT since this event is by Nick Spencer, who is the one who made Tian a place with actual importance in the Ultimate Universe, I fully believe incorporating Emma into Tian was his idea. Technically, it can be called New Tian since there was a pre-existing but it's most likely based on the 1610 counterpart.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I have a hope that nick spencer will try and include the x-men into the main story since they're having quite a interesting role in the narrative through the x-men blue and gold tie ins and the United one shot.

And I'm hopeful since little known fact but nick spencer briefly wrote the first six issue arc of ultimate comics x-men that was post ultimatum ultimate x-men series that introduced James Hudson joining the team.

I have to say several of these piqued my interest! I'm feeling generally positive about this month. Secret Empire has a pretty interesting premise for being the quarterly crossover.

Definite buys:
    Generation X #4
    Iceman #3
    X-Men: Blue #7-8
    Secret Empire: Brave New World #4
    Deadpool #33-34

Likely:
    All-New Wolverine #22
    Uncanny Avengers #25

Maybe:
    USAvengers #8
    X-Men Gold #7-8
    Astonishing X-Men #1
    Weapon X #5-6
    Hawkeye | Occupy Avengers | The Mighty Thor | Ms. Marvel | Generation X | Luke Cage | Invincible Iron Man | Spectacular Spider-Man
    All-Star Batman | Batwoman | Shade the Changing Girl | Batgirl | DC Comics Bombshells
    Descender | Extremity | Godshaper | Paper Girls | Regression | Wicked + The Divine | Wytches
    Animosity | Victor LaValle's the Destroyer | Harrow County | The Once & Future Queen | Colossi | Failsafe | Heathen

Upcoming: Sacred Creatures, Runaways, Redlands, Sisters of Sorrow

X-Men Gold and Blue for sure. I will pick up Iceman, but that sounded boring. Weapon X I'll get and Astonishing X-Men.

Jean Grey sounds boring so does everything else

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I have a hope that nick spencer will try and include the x-men into the main story since they're having quite a interesting role in the narrative through the x-men blue and gold tie ins and the United one shot.

And I'm hopeful since little known fact but nick spencer briefly wrote the first six issue arc of ultimate comics x-men that was post ultimatum ultimate x-men series that introduced James Hudson joining the team.
    The fact that the X-Men tie-ins are very peripheral suggests they won't play a role in the main event.

Nothing, I don't buy ties-in.

- I expected Gambit to stay for a while in Gold, but he already seem to be away from the book in july.
    - Not excited about Astonishing sine they're not a team and the artists are switching every issues.
    - Iceman looks boring.
    - Jean Grey might be interesting, we will see !
    - Generation X... Meh. Same for All New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Weapon X and Cable.
    Magneto/Cyclops/Gambit/Batman/Deathstroke/Punisher

SSJ Ultra Mega Super God JustAnotherFan's Avatar

Meh, looks like I'll be reading very few books in June.

Books I might read:

Cable: Surprisingly Cable is the only title that might pick up with over 50% chance since it seems to be doing its own thing without the need to drag in non-x-stuff.

XMB & XMG: I still don't care to read any of the big events so I won't be reading SE and thus having x-books tie to it is not something I'm looking forward to but some of the stuff in there like the new X-Cutioner has piqued my interest enough to MAYBE give these a try.

AXM: Interested slightly BUT having it spin out of SE and having Fantomex in the cast (Why, Marvel?! Why?!) I'm probably going to skip the first arc at least and maybe pick it up after but that depends on if they (finally!) kill off Fantomex for good or not. They probably won't but I can always dream, lol.

Books I don't really care about:

Weapon X: Crossing over with a Hulk books has almost guaranteed that I'll be passing this one for this storyline. Some of sounds kind of interesting but if I'm forced to pick up Hulk too in order to get the whole story then I probably just won't bother.

Gen X: Still no interest in reading a book about yet another Xavier Institute Special Ed Class so gonna skip it despite being curious about M's appearance in this.

Iceman: I really can't muster up the energy to care about Icemsn enough to buy his solo book, no matter what his sexuality is.

Jean Grey: Still failing to find "Jean deals with Phoenix" part 1 354 769 interesting and when you add in the weird Thor guest appearance I'll probably skip it too. Is there a reason why Jean would ask advice from Thor in dealing with the Phoenix? Other than Marvel wants to insert regular doses of MCU into their x-books? I guess Thor has been dealing with something Phoenix related in his book but does it really make him an expert that Jean would consult? I somehow doubt it. But maybe I'm wrong?

OML & ANW: still burned out on any Wolverine so I'll probably continue to skip these. Especially if they feature a lot of non-x-stuff.

UA, USA & Champions: Not enough X-Men for me to pick these up.

But aside from what few books I might pick up if I feel like it my take away from this is that apparently they're not just abandoning all M-Pox plots now that the T-Mist situation has been resolved and honestly that's probably a good thing since they did establish that though M-Pox wa scaused by T-Mists it was still a disease separate enough from it so that it wouldn't just disappear from the infected even if the cloud was eradicated so kudos to them sticking with it.

Fantastic Member

Is there a reason Art Adams is doing like all the covers for X-Men Blue? I want a Molina cover.

Astonishing Member Master of Sound's Avatar

CBR still did not publish the solicitations out yet, I believe.
    Stop complaining and start dancing

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Meh, looks like I'll be reading very few books in June.

Books I might read:

Cable: Surprisingly Cable is the only title that might pick up with over 50% chance since it seems to be doing its own thing without the need to drag in non-x-stuff.

XMB & XMG: I still don't care to read any of the big events so I won't be reading SE and thus having x-books tie to it is not something I'm looking forward to but some of the stuff in there like the new X-Cutioner has piqued my interest enough to MAYBE give these a try.

AXM: Interested slightly BUT having it spin out of SE and having Fantomex in the cast (Why, Marvel?! Why?!) I'm probably going to skip the first arc at least and maybe pick it up after but that depends on if they (finally!) kill off Fantomex for good or not. They probably won't but I can always dream, lol.

Books I don't really care about:

Weapon X: Crossing over with a Hulk books has almost guaranteed that I'll be passing this one for this storyline. Some of sounds kind of interesting but if I'm forced to pick up Hulk too in order to get the whole story then I probably just won't bother.

Gen X: Still no interest in reading a book about yet another Xavier Institute Special Ed Class so gonna skip it despite being curious about M's appearance in this.

Iceman: I really can't muster up the energy to care about Icemsn enough to buy his solo book, no matter what his sexuality is.

Jean Grey: Still failing to find "Jean deals with Phoenix" part 1 354 769 interesting and when you add in the weird Thor guest appearance I'll probably skip it too. Is there a reason why Jean would ask advice from Thor in dealing with the Phoenix? Other than Marvel wants to insert regular doses of MCU into their x-books? I guess Thor has been dealing with something Phoenix related in his book but does it really make him an expert that Jean would consult? I somehow doubt it. But maybe I'm wrong?

OML & ANW: still burned out on any Wolverine so I'll probably continue to skip these. Especially if they feature a lot of non-x-stuff.

UA, USA & Champions: Not enough X-Men for me to pick these up.

But aside from what few books I might pick up if I feel like it my take away from this is that apparently they're not just abandoning all M-Pox plots now that the T-Mist situation has been resolved and honestly that's probably a good thing since they did establish that though M-Pox wa scaused by T-Mists it was still a disease separate enough from it so that it wouldn't just disappear from the infected even if the cloud was eradicated so kudos to them sticking with it.
    Astonishing X-Men is completely separate from Secret Empire. If it was connected, the solicitation would say so and it doesn't.