Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah it could be some foreshadowing of electric powers.

I could also see an Garth and the rest of the Legion coming to the present to see the birth of Superman's son. Jon has likely been introduced to his fun uncle Grath in his secret identity.
    I'm looking forward to the day Jon gets to interact with the Legion. Since he is a Superboy, it's a must.

Spectacular Member

Sorry but no Manchester Black. No Comedian.
    I don't think MB is canon anymore to tell the truth... which is a real shame because WSFATJATAW is one of my favourites...
    As far as Ending Battle... meh....

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Sorry but no Manchester Black. No Comedian.
    I don't think MB is canon anymore to tell the truth... which is a real shame because WSFATJATAW is one of my favourites...
    As far as Ending Battle... meh....
    Really? You're sure Black is just straight up not in continuity anymore? They see to be evoking What's So Funny in their solicitations for issue 23: “BLACK DAWN” part two! The mysterious force behind Superman’s defeat reveals itself. Superboy wonders what is so great about Truth, Justice and the American way. Will Jon turn against his father?"

Don't get me wrong, I won't cry over Manchester not being in this arc, but it does seem like they are at least calling back to that story.

My hope is that it's an evil future Jon who has taken on the role of "Superman Black." That would mean "Black Dawn" is the story of where Jon was at a cross roads in his life and he became Superman Black in a bad future. Any chance of something like that?

Incredible Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    Those dog's eyes, Peter Tomasi always giving respect to Grant Morrison, involving a kid with potential, I'd say it's Captain Comet folks:

I'm really excited if they kept Grant's run in continuity.
    Oh hell no they need to retcon this comet back to the this one
    Comet_shanedavis.jpg

Honestly, I'm so bored of this. I'm sick of Batman and Damian in Superman books. I'm sick of Jon being the center of attention. I'm sick of the farm. I'm sick of domestic Lois. I'm sick of the Kent family being the ones in danger who need to be saved instead of the world or innocent civilians. I like these characters. I like these relationships. Don't get me wrong. I'm just beyond ready to move on. Sorry to be a buzzkill.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Honestly, I'm so bored of this. I'm sick of Batman and Damian in Superman books. I'm sick of Jon being the center of attention. I'm sick of the farm. I'm sick of domestic Lois. I'm sick of the Kent family being the ones in danger who need to be saved instead of the world or innocent civilians. I like these characters. I like these relationships. Don't get me wrong. I'm just beyond ready to move on. Sorry to be a buzzkill.
    Bats and Robin have only been on the book in like...two arcs, counting this one? Agreed with Lois, though, I love Ma!Lois but I'm ready for reporter Lois Lane. She's way better in Action.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Lois was always going to be pushed to the back burner in regards to the new family dynamic with Jon. I saw that coming a mile away from the beginning. Earlier on they gave it its due diligence, like the batsuit stuff and whatnot, but I knew it wouldn't last. The primary focus will ALWAYS be Jon and the relationship with his father. Even his relationship with other heroes will get more play. The mother and son dynamic won't get as much attention. It can, there's nothing stopping them, but this other stuff will take precedence from an action/adventure POV and was always going to. So that's why her presence lately in Superman is so minimal compared to her Action role.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Bats and Robin have only been on the book in like...two arcs, counting this one? Agreed with Lois, though, I love Ma!Lois but I'm ready for reporter Lois Lane. She's way better in Action.
    Given that Batman features with Superman in Justice League, Trinity , and in Super Sons, and that two arcs in less than a year is a fair percentage of it. I'd say that there is too much overlap between Batman and Superman. I'd much rather have Superman mythos characters worked back in, especially now that all the work of "Reborn" is complete in reuniting the halves of the Superman identities and timelines. Reading this arc and this preview, I'm not sure Tomasi has made it clear why Batman and Damian were necessary for this story. I feel like they could be removed, leaving just the Super family, and it wouldn't make a significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lois was always going to be pushed to the back burner in regards to the new family dynamic with Jon. I saw that coming a mile away from the beginning. Earlier on they gave it its due diligence, like the batsuit stuff and whatnot, but I knew it wouldn't last. The primary focus will ALWAYS be Jon and the relationship with his father. Even his relationship with other heroes will get more play. The mother and son dynamic won't get as much attention. It can, there's nothing stopping them, but this other stuff will take precedence from an action/adventure POV and was always going to. So that's why her presence lately in Superman is so minimal compared to her Action role.
    That's an explanation, but it's not as if it has to be that way. Like you said, it "can" be different. Fans/readers shouldn't accept that status quo. I'm also not even talking about the mother/son dynamic, or the family dynamic at all. I want stories about these people as individuals.

That's an explanation, but it's not as if it has to be that way. Like you said, it "can" be different. Fans/readers shouldn't accept that status quo. I'm also not even talking about the mother/son dynamic, or the family dynamic at all. I want stories about these people as individuals.
    As far as I can tell, Action Comics seems to be where we'll get more of Lois and Clark as individuals, and where they'll be more traditional Superman-ing.

We've seen Tomasi and Gleason focus more squarely on Lois and Clark via a cracked image of them in issues 12 and 13 of Superman. But they've been working this Jon focused arc since issue 2 (with this Superman Black guy) so I can see them wanting to complete that arc. That's not to say Lois couldn't be less passive, but that does explain the focus on Jon from a story telling stand point.

I have faith that they'll do more issues like issues 12 and 13. But till then I think we're supposed to go to Action for less family stuff.

Also Tomasi and Gleason seem to be paying homage to Superman & Batman Generations, so that's likely why they're using Batman and Robin.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Oh I don't. It was one of my earliest concerns about the status quo. I didn't want Lois put on the back burner again. But I knew it was a strong possibility. And that's where she's stuck right now in one title. I don't really like the idea of having to choose between one of the two either. We definitely should at least get individual character development for all in both titles, regardless if one is more the "action" title and the other is the "family" title. So here's hoping Superman picks up the slack there. There's the chance they might be developing something for her in regards to those letters she received that she didn't seem too happy with.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-18-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Christ sake can we please stop focusing on Jon? he has his own book.

I agree 100%. Really Jon has his own book.

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Jon has his own book.
    "Superman" by Tomasi and Gleason, right?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-18-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    As far as I can tell, Action Comics seems to be where we'll get more of Lois and Clark as individuals, and where they'll be more traditional Superman-ing.

We've seen Tomasi and Gleason focus more squarely on Lois and Clark via a cracked image of them in issues 12 and 13 of Superman. But they've been working this Jon focused arc since issue 2 (with this Superman Black guy) so I can see them wanting to complete that arc. That's not to say Lois couldn't be less passive, but that does explain the focus on Jon from a story telling stand point.

I have faith that they'll do more issues like issues 12 and 13. But till then I think we're supposed to go to Action for less family stuff.

Also Tomasi and Gleason seem to be paying homage to Superman & Batman Generations, so that's likely why they're using Batman and Robin.
    Oh, wow. One book while everyone else gets multiple books. Enough is enough, imo.