Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Readers are not going to accept the nazis really winning except for the intervention of the cube.
    And why would they have to? We know it is exactly that! A cube has created this whole thing. Are we living in a world where people can't even read fiction without taking everything literally?

A cube has created a situation where there are two possible and equal realities. It is important that the other reality is equally possible and real or it wouldn't be a 'level playing field'.

Nobody is saying the Axis Powers won the war in the MU. They are writing a story where that possibility could become the real one if, and only if, Steve manages to get his way. Spoilers: he wont!
    Last edited by JKtheMac; Today at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    And why would they have to? We know it is exactly that! A cube has created this whole thing. Are we living in a world where people can't even read fiction without taking everything literally?

A cube has created a situation where there are two possible and equal realities. It is important that the other reality is equally possible and real or it wouldn't be a 'level playing field'.

Nobody is saying the Axis Powers won the war in the MU. They are writing a story where that possibility could become the real one if, and only if, Steve manages to get his way. Spoilers: he wont!
    Well, we do live in a world with alternative facts.

Anyways, well, Steve probably is not going to be sucessful with his plan in the present; but changing the past, (or reverting it to its original form), is a whole different animal and he may be sucessful with that; after all, Spider-man sold his marriage to Mephisto in exchange of him saving Aunt May, basically changing 20-real-time-years-worth of stories; so changing the reason of why the Allies won WWII is not that much in comparison.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i was thinking more about after what happened in AvX, AXIS, Death of X and IvX.
    Right, but the story didn't end there. It's still going. Reveals and retcons happen years after events.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, we do live in a world with alternative facts.

Anyways, well, Steve probably is not going to be sucessful with his plan in the present; but changing the past, (or reverting it to its original form), is a whole different animal and he may be sucessful with that; after all, Spider-man sold his marriage to Mephisto in exchange of him saving Aunt May, basically changing 20-real-time-years-worth of stories; so changing the reason of why the Allies won WWII is not that much in comparison.
    This thread is the only one I have been in where talking about Nazis isn't a step too far but instead OMD is. I refuse to discuss this in the context of OMD because it will either make me very angry or a vocal minority of Spider-Man fans angry. This is nothing to do with OMD and nothing to do with X-Men. If you want to make everything about complex then fine. But I won't be part of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This thread is the only one I have been in where talking about Nazis isn't a step too far but instead OMD is. I refuse to discuss this in the context of OMD because it will either make me very angry or a vocal minority of Spider-Man fans angry. This is nothing to do with OMD and nothing to do with X-Men. If you want to make everything about complex then fine. But I won't be part of the conversation.
    You know, im not the poster that is arguing that Hydra are not Nazis.
    Anyways, all that im saying is that changing the history to make it that the Nazis only lost in the WWII because of reality warping is not that crazy considering everything else that what DisMarvel already has done.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

Out of curiosity, when was the idea of Hydra being connected to the Nazis established in publication order? I kind of got the impression they started off as basically generic James Bond villains like SPECTRE.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Out of curiosity, when was the idea of Hydra being connected to the Nazis established in publication order? I kind of got the impression they started off as basically generic James Bond villains like SPECTRE.
    I think that the idea that Hydra are Nazis comes from the Red Skull being their leader at times.