Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
    Incredible Member

this was before he decided to run. it was when Obama was running against Mitt Romney. he questioned Obama's college records next.
    There was speculation in 2012 that Trump was either planning a run or angling for a cabinet spot.

One vector to attack Obama was race and his funny name. Trump saw an opportunity, and he took it.

i'll just pretend that you didn't say this.
    Do not blame me.

https://hbr.org/2014/01/big-datas-da...discrimination

https://www.amazon.com/Weapons-Math-.../dp/0553418815

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...gcK/story.html

The discrimination in those cases is not deliberate. But, the decisions are functionally the same as racism.

because his daughter isn't a bigot. and because he thinks that Jewish people are good with money; setting his daughter up to be successful. the more important part of that sentence is his welcoming the support of bigots. remember when he pretended to have no knowledge of David Duke?
    Trump likes his Jewish son-in-law and convert daughter. He also has anti-semites on staff. And, yes, he feigned ignorance of David Duke (and the KKK) when they endorses him. This supports my case that Trump is an opportunist more than a racist.

(One could argue that we do not know what his core beliefs are. But, those do not seem to factor in to Trump's decision making process.)

The Obama birth certificate stuff, while he didn't start it he did run with it, but that was another product he was selling because he was trying to gain favor with voters on the right that believed that sort of thing. No different from how any politicians suck up to voters even if they have different beliefs/agendas.
    More or less what I said.

Who was the Bush advisor (circa '05 I think) that was dismissing the religious right privately, while happily taking their votes publicly? And, what about Lyndon Johnson's comments on the Civil Rights Act?

People like Ralph Nader and Ron Paul; hell I may not agree with everything he believes in but Kucinich stood out as well, same with Rand Paul.
    I could tell you some stuff about Ralphy Nader. But, wrong thread and all that.

I haven't read Secret Empire and likely never will, but from reading what others have to say about it it sounds like the whole thing is basically an allegory that is meant to be analogous to Trump and his followers and current political associates' rise to power, how someone uses the cover of patriotism and representing America somehow is secretly a Nazi-esque figure with beliefs to match that description.
    Close. Spencer has framed it (in interviews) as a question of how something good (Captain America, the American people, US ideals, whatever) can be corrupted. In and of itself, I like that idea. But, other things Spencer has said make him to partisan to make the above case. (Because it is Spencer, it is too easy to read it as "conservatives are bad".)

Oh I really like them. But hey, we all have different tastes. Try re-watching them as a constructed living myth of the formation of the US and you might begin to see the movies I watched. And just try to ignore the bits that grate as being for the younger audience.
    I like the prequels as well (more than the originals). Episode 1 was a misfire. But, 2 and (especially 3) are good.
    Current pull-file:
    -Sword Quest
    -
    -Venom
    -the Vision (Director's Cut)
    -WWE

-----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    He didn't conform to Hydra's way of thinking
    i guess he went to far this time. oh well

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

After reading what I could from the article, The only thing I care about is that captain America Steve Rogers is returning back to his old original history by the end of secret empire and his rewrite history by the cube is indeed undone.

I am enjoying secret empire a lot and the story style but my main desire is to see the original status quo of Steve put 100% back by the end.

Is their any confirmation on that at all at this point?

Is this to going to be apart of the "Make Mine Marvel Again" stouts quo go back we have heard of for September 2017?
    Last edited by CJStriker; 04-27-2017 at 09:21 AM.
    Meet Dragon Ball's NEWEST Lady of Power; Brianne de Chateau!
    Also Meet Sanka Ku & Su Roas, The Kamikaze FireBalls!
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

So if spoilers:
    Hydra are not Nazis, then why the Captain Hydra is still worthy of Thor's hammer ?.
    end of spoilers

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So if spoilers:
    Hydra are not Nazis, then why the Captain Hydra is still worthy of Thor's hammer ?.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He shouldn't be. Marvel continues to be a joke when it comes to story telling and continuity
    end of spoilers
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So if spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    now the rest of this tread is going to end up like this
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    But I never really understood the meaning of the Marvel "worthy" it's open for interpretation
    end of spoilers
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I'm sure that it will be explained in the actual issue butspoilers:
    the hammer is fickle. magic is fickle. and it's not the first time that an asgardian artifact has wound up in the hands of a villain. Sin was worthy of a hammer, afterall.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

You know, watching the Producers last night, it remind me of this discussion; so if this is just a story, then what DisMarvel is doing with Secret Empire is basically "Springtime for Hitler" but without the illegal money scheme.

Last edited by dragonmp93; 04-29-2017 at 10:47 AM.