Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    You make as assumption that I don't read the book, I do. And it also showed that he secretly worked against the US to help the Nazis. It is much like the relations between Il Duce and the Fuhrer, sympathizer might be the wrong word, enabler maybe.
    he worked against the US to aid the Zemos. he's as guilty as the United States in enabling the movement.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/history...ermany/5449378
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    I like Secret Empire.

If you disagree :

God that speech is the worst...
    At least it makes perfect sense if you consider Steve a fascist.
    Well, this guy under the writing of J. Michael Straczynski is Captain America. This thing that Spencer is writing would probably say stuff like this:

And yeah, that's no Captain America at all. So screw him.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: All-New, All-Different Guardians of the Galaxy, Amazing Spider-Man and Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man

"You know... the world could always use more heroes" -Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Yeah, but he found friends and was given a mission. That's how insidious this kind of indoctrination is: members forgive the terrible stuff because it's all in service of a higher calling.
    sort of like supporting the military even after they killed a few children in the recent airstrikes/bombings, right?
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Ah, so we're now conflating "proclaiming racist views" with being a Nazi.

Which is why "it's okay to use unprovoked violence against Nazis" is so insidious. It's never just about using unprovoked violence against one group, it's also about saying that people you don't like are part of that group and is deserving of violence.

So I think the "unprovoked violence is never OK even against bad people" is a better rule, because defining speech as violence and allowing people to decide that someone is a punchable Nazi is just no good.
    I actually genuinelly think that Nazis should get punched regardless the circumstances. There are several articles about this on the web questioning the very ethics of punching Nazis and mine is basically you see one? Well, sucker punch him.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: All-New, All-Different Guardians of the Galaxy, Amazing Spider-Man and Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it didn't bother Stan Lee.
    Stan Lee didn't create Cap, Joe and Jack did. And truth be told neither one of them had a high opinion of Stan.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I don't think Spencer's opinions on passive resistance vs violent resistance should not be indication of how Secret Empire will be. Take this to another thread please?

Avengers Standoff! was great. I fully expect Secret Empire to be just as good. Also that article was really dramatic.
    His opinions on such actually in the article the OP put a link to in the first post so it would seem to be relevant in this thread
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Why is Kieran so sure that secret empire will flop?

Matter of fact why are so many critics so sure secret empire will be a failure? It seems that most of these people making these assumptions that the story will be a failure just don't like the story so they're lashing out by assuming that the story will be a failure.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-18-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I don't think Spencer's opinions on passive resistance vs violent resistance should not be indication of how Secret Empire will be. Take this to another thread please?

Avengers Standoff! was great. I fully expect Secret Empire to be just as good. Also that article was really dramatic.
    Read the OP of the thread. Nick Spencer's opinions on passive resistance vs violent resistance are very much in context with what we are discussing here. This isn't a Secret Empire review thread, while it might end up developing to that. This is a thread based on article that points out what it's fundamentally wrong on Nick Spencer's take on Captain American and Secret Empire, more specifically.
    Pull list:

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Why is Kieran so sure that secret empire will flop?
    Evidence that the controversy surrounding Cap didn't ignite the sales AND every PR nightmare that Marvel Comics has been into lately makes me think he is very much right. I don't even see it doing Civil War II numbers, and that was already considered bad.
    Pull list:

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Stan Lee didn't create Cap, Joe and Jack did. And truth be told neither one of them had a high opinion of Stan.

His opinions on such actually in the article the OP put a link to in the first post so it would seem to be relevant in this thread
    Well that being said. Punch them all. All self proclaimed Neo-Nazis need a few broken bones.
    Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, and All New Guardians of The Galaxy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I actually genuinelly think that Nazis should get punched regardless the circumstances. There are several articles about this on the web questioning the very ethics of punching Nazis and mine is basically you see one? Well, sucker punch him.
    I don't trust anyone to decide who is and isn't a Nazi. The fact that you keep insisting that people are Nazis even if they claim they aren't is kind of an indication of why it shouldn't be up to us to decide that certain people are worthy of unprovoked punching.

There have always been people claiming that other people don't deserve rights because they're a member of some group or other. Better to say that everyone deserves rights even if they're a member of that group, because the logic will always be used to use violence against others.

And truth be told neither one of them had a high opinion of Stan.
    That "truth" all depends on who you ask and what day of the week it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I do agree that the world would be a better place if thugs only came into conflict with other thugs. if that sucker punch means that much to you, go for it. you won't have my respect. I won't lose sleep over you being arrested or retaliated upon. but you'll have the comfort of knowing that you bloodied a degenerate.
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't trust anyone to decide who is and isn't a Nazi. The fact that you keep insisting that people are Nazis even if they claim they aren't is kind of an indication of why it shouldn't be up to us to decide that certain people are worthy of unprovoked punching.

There have always been people claiming that other people don't deserve rights because they're a member of some group or other. Better to say that everyone deserves rights even if they're a member of that group, because the logic will always be used to use violence against others.
    If you don't understand what Richard Spencer meant when he said that he isn't a nazi, I pity your comprehension skills. I don't really care what your high horse moral ground is. I've punched nazi skinheads before. I'd do it all over again. With gusto. People that discriminate others based on their race, creed, faith or political views don't deserve my politeness. And I wouldn't have any other way.
    Pull list:

you won't have my respect.
    Frankly, you're defending nazis and saying any one who takes action for what's right is a terrorist or a thug. Your respect couldn't mean any less to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Frankly, you're defending nazis and saying any one who takes action for what's right is a terrorist or a thug. Your respect couldn't mean any less to me.
    Don't worry mate. I'm not losing any sleep over that. I live in Brazil, in a region where I've came face to face with nazi skinhead gangs in punk rock shows in my younger days. This kind of holier than thou attitude of so called pacifists only holds ground because they have no idea of what these people are capable of. I honestly pity them.
    Pull list: