Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 160
  1. #1
    So much HYPE dawg! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,349

    Default Mark Waid working at DC and possibly writing for the big guy?

    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/super...-dc-1871542/#7

    So apparently Waid is in shaky talks with DC about working on some projects. Given that Millar is doing a Superman book, it's a pretty good bet to assume that Waid might be doing some Superman work if this news in true.

    I could 100% see him working on issue #1000 of Action, but even before that I could see him working on a Superman book. Maybe co write Action with Jurgens? If it's not the 3rd coming of Morrison or Johns, Waid is the only writer that I can see them giving Action or partnering him Jurgens.

    Thoughts? New? Speculation?

  2. #2
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/super...-dc-1871542/#7

    So apparently Waid is in shaky talks with DC about working on some projects. Given that Millar is doing a Superman book, it's a pretty good bet to assume that Waid might be doing some Superman work if this news in true.

    I could 100% see him working on issue #1000 of Action, but even before that I could see him working on a Superman book. Maybe co write Action with Jurgens? If it's not the 3rd coming of Morrison or Johns, Waid is the only writer that I can see them giving Action or partnering him Jurgens.

    Thoughts? New? Speculation?
    Well, Mark Waid at the script and Dan Jurgens back at the pencils... that'd be music for my ears!

  3. #3
    Senior Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    941

    Default

    I'm glad he is at least in talks, after how DC and him had a massive falling.

  4. #4

    Default

    Hopefully; saw him mention on Twitter or in a recent interview that we should probably expect to see something with him at DC 'by the end of the decade', and he mentioned on Twitter his dream run with Samnee would be on Superman. Especially since I dug up yesterday that Millar said in October his Superman project probably wasn't happening until 2019, so a Waid/Samnee Superman could very well be the big shining hope of his 80th anniversary.
    You can follow me on Twitter or Tumblr, if more of my opinions sounds like something you'd like.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Thor2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'm glad he is at least in talks, after how DC and him had a massive falling.
    This is progress. I hope they make up, Maid was always so knowledgeable with DC's history and characters, especially Superman. He always seemed like a better fit with DC than Marvel. DC patched things up with Rucka so hopefully things will work out.

  6. #6
    Senior Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    This is progress. I hope they make up, Maid was always so knowledgeable with DC's history and characters, especially Superman. He always seemed like a better fit with DC than Marvel. DC patched things up with Rucka so hopefully things will work out.
    Agreed. Both Greg and Waid had massive arguments with DC, that Rucka is leaving in good terms and that they are in talks with Waid means that something good is happening behind the curtains. I read on that post that he's interested in Shazam! as well?

  7. #7
    So much HYPE dawg! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Hopefully; saw him mention on Twitter or in a recent interview that we should probably expect to see something with him at DC 'by the end of the decade', and he mentioned on Twitter his dream run with Samnee would be on Superman. Especially since I dug up yesterday that Millar said in October his Superman project probably wasn't happening until 2019, so a Waid/Samnee Superman could very well be the big shining hope of his 80th anniversary.
    It continues to baffle me that Samnee and Shanner aren't always in rotation for a Superman book. I know that Shanner is really digging the recent stuff related to Superman in the comics. He even said that he'd love to draw a Jon Kent Superboy book. Future Quest is pretty freaking awesome, but I kill for Shanner on Superman written by Waid.

    Has Samnee expressed any interest?

  8. #8
    DC Enthusiast Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    I'm not interested in anything Mark Waid does anymore. Hopefully you guys get a run from him but it'll defiantly tarnish Action 1000 if he contributes. Oh well weird news day in general for Superman I guess.

  9. #9
    Epic Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,183

    Default

    Here's hoping both sides have matured, as it'd be very good for Superman.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

  10. #10
    Senior Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm not interested in anything Mark Waid does anymore. Hopefully you guys get a run from him but it'll defiantly tarnish Action 1000 if he contributes. Oh well weird news day in general for Superman I guess.
    Why? Just curious, so far what he has done reciently that I've read is Champions and I'm loving it.

  11. #11
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Agreed. Both Greg and Waid had massive arguments with DC, that Rucka is leaving in good terms and that they are in talks with Waid means that something good is happening behind the curtains. I read on that post that he's interested in Shazam! as well?
    Maybe its a sign that some of the ppl who pushed them out to begin with are now themselves getting pushed out at DC.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

    DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

    Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

    Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

  12. #12
    DC Enthusiast Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Why? Just curious, so far what he has done reciently that I've read is Champions and I'm loving it.
    I enjoyed his early Daredevil work with Samnee so I wouldn't assume it was bad but I'd read it before I bought it. Honestly I hate most of his DC work. He gets characters wrong like Hal and Superman, Legion. He basically ruined the Flash, a book I loved from Crisis until he came on board. The speed force is awful from comics to live action.

    I wish Marvel would just sign him to an exclusive so I wouldn't have to worry about it. If he does a Superman book whatever I can just ignore it but it'll be hard to escape him if he contributes to the anniversary issue.

  13. #13
    Epic Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,183

    Default

    I can't speak for his other work but I have never seen him get Superman wrong. Hell he wrote the only decent origin story post-Crisis Superman ever had.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

  14. #14
    DC Enthusiast Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Bah that was awful. Veggie Superman. He's just not for me.

    Superman the Odyssey was a good origin addition for the MOS.
    Last edited by Tony; 04-18-2017 at 04:08 PM.

  15. #15
    Epic Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,183

    Default

    Him being a vegetarian was hardly a key point of the book, but to each their own I suppose. But I'd take Birthright any day over Byrne's massive changes, Jurgens' updates to that, and Johns' spectacularly bad Secret Origin.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •