Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I loved his Flash work and DC should make peace with him, they run their creators off too much.

Dan Jurgens knows how to draw? Didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I enjoyed his early Daredevil work with Samnee so I wouldn't assume it was bad but I'd read it before I bought it. Honestly I hate most of his DC work. He gets characters wrong like Hal and Superman, Legion. He basically ruined the Flash, a book I loved from Crisis until he came on board. The speed force is awful from comics to live action.

I wish Marvel would just sign him to an exclusive so I wouldn't have to worry about it. If he does a Superman book whatever I can just ignore it but it'll be hard to escape him if he contributes to the anniversary issue.
    Well, talk about unpopular opinions I have still to read his work on Flash (mainly because I'm trying to save money), but people call him as THE Flash writer.

Tastes vary, I guess, I liked Byrne's Wondy run which is one that most people hate but I consider it decent at least, for example

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I loved his Flash work and DC should make peace with him, they run their creators off too much.

To be fair, they're not the only ones to blame. Waid is...not the easiest guy to work with, from all accounts.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Well, talk about unpopular opinions I have still to read his work on Flash (mainly because I'm trying to save money), but people call him as THE Flash writer.
    The Flash was written by Barron at first but then William Messner-Loebs comes on early and did the heavy lifting character development wise Waid is often credited for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I enjoyed his early Daredevil work with Samnee so I wouldn't assume it was bad but I'd read it before I bought it. Honestly I hate most of his DC work. He gets characters wrong like Hal and Superman, Legion. He basically ruined the Flash, a book I loved from Crisis until he came on board. The speed force is awful from comics to live action.

I wish Marvel would just sign him to an exclusive so I wouldn't have to worry about it. If he does a Superman book whatever I can just ignore it but it'll be hard to escape him if he contributes to the anniversary issue.
    Really? You think he gets Superman wrong? That's something I haven't heard about him before. Aside from the veggie thing, what are his sins against the character?

Though, I'll grant you that Kingdom Come is very shaky character wise for Superman.

I'm at least glad to hear Waid in talks with DC, which I imagine Geoff Johns had a hand in, and hopefully this is a sign of some kind of reconciliation in the future. I've enjoyed his Marvel work, but have sorely missed him as a DC writer .

I also had no idea that Mark Millar was working on a Superman project. I'm not sure how that slipped by me .

I've been wishing for this to happen for years now. Hopefully everything goes by alright. Having Waid back at dc would be a godsend especially if they have him a part of the super titles.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Really? You think he gets Superman wrong? That's something I haven't heard about him before. Aside from the veggie thing, what are his sins against the character?

Though, I'll grant you that Kingdom Come is very shaky character wise for Superman.
    Birthright was boring to me. I'll take MOS with all it's faults. The character feels more Superman. I don't remember it well but besides feeling OOC and thinking as I said in an earlier post the Odyssey did a much better job showing his early wandering.

I don't wanna bog the thread down he's a really popular writer. I was really just expressing a hope he gets a book unto himself if he comes back so I am not compelled to buy it if I don't care for it.

I have been very hesitant about jumping back on board the DC train after the new52 crapfest but the news of Millar and Waid possible working with DC again sounds awesome. I have had doubts about Rebirth because what DC needed was not just "hope" and "feel goods" but better writers and also writers who had a good feel for writing comics books.

If Morrison were to come back and do a few things . . . dang

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It continues to baffle me that Samnee and Shanner aren't always in rotation for a Superman book. I know that Shanner is really digging the recent stuff related to Superman in the comics. He even said that he'd love to draw a Jon Kent Superboy book. Future Quest is pretty freaking awesome, but I kill for Shanner on Superman written by Waid.

Has Samnee expressed any interest?
    I'm pretty sure Samnee's a Superman fan and would probably love to work on a Superman title. Would sure love to see him drawing a more stylish Lois. The jogger look is starting to get tiresome.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Batwoman, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Crosswind, Sacred Creatures, Astonishing X-Men, Defenders, Elektra, Gamora, Hawkeye, Secret Empire, Sam Wilson, Steve Rogers, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Nancy Drew

I love Shaner's art, but Samnee wouldn't even need a second artist tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    After Curt Swan, he's the most prolific creator for Superman hands down. Between writing and drawing he's done something like 200 issues, not counting the JLA issues he simultaneously wrote and drew with Superman as the leader.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

While I thought Waid acted like a childish ...Um, rhymes with Rick around the time MOS was out, I would welcome him doing some new Superman stuff.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I love Shaner's art, but Samnee wouldn't even need a second artist tbh.
    Really?! Samnee is that fast?

All things considered I think he's one of the better monthly artists. Rodriguez helped him with DD in some parts, but that also includes his paternity leave and drawing the Rocketeer mini series. Mighty Avenger knocked out 8 issues in 7 months.

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

After projects such Before Watchmen and DKIII, DC probably contacted Waid to do "Kingdom Come Again".