Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    After Curt Swan, he's the most prolific creator for Superman hands down. Between writing and drawing he's done something like 200 issues, not counting the JLA issues he simultaneously wrote and drew with Superman as the leader.
    I could really go for some Jurgens & Breeding Supes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    All things considered I think he's one of the better monthly artists. Rodriguez helped him with DD in some parts, but that also includes his paternity leave and drawing the Rocketeer mini series. Mighty Avenger knocked out 8 issues in 7 months.
    He's Marvel exclusive, right?

I wouldn't be surprised. But I think if Waid can go, and guys like Jeff Parker are over at DC, it'd be enough for him if he's not exclusive. Whatever it is, his "next gig" is already underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    You know what? I miss Joe Rubinstein.

Spectacular Member

I like Superman Birthright but I find Waid to often be arrogant and pompous about Superman in a way that is borderline bullying. A lot of his ideas about the character are dated and casually sexist.

Honestly, what is it going to take to get a female presence or writer in this office? Gail Simone is a huge Superman fan. Why isn't SHE being approached?

There is so much about the Superman Rebirth that I like but I fear that my days of reading Superman comics are coming to an end. None of this makes me feel comfortable or welcome as a female reader. I fear constantly that Lois will just keep being mistreated. It's exhausting and I'm tired.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 04-18-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Are you aware of the Eddie Berganza situation? Essentially, he's a known sexual harasser, but DC won't get rid of him. Instead, there's some stupid policy where women just don't work around him. And seeing as he's the editor of the Superman line, no women on any Superman books. Its really shady, but its a poorly kept secret that this is the current situation over there. No one knows why he hasn't been fired other than conspiracy theories that he has blackmail over others.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Are you aware of the Eddie Berganza situation? Essentially, he's a known sexual harasser, but DC won't get rid of him. Instead, there's some stupid policy where women just don't work around him. And seeing as he's the editor of the Superman line, no women on any Superman books. Its really shady, but its a poorly kept secret that this is the current situation over there. No one knows why he hasn't been fired other than conspiracy theories that he has blackmail over others.
    Sadly, I am aware and it breaks my heart. I genuinely think this is negatively impacting the quality of these books.

Has there been any crossover yet, bacause those are cancer and pretty much what killed New 52 Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Has there been any crossover yet, bacause those are cancer and pretty much what killed New 52 Superman.
    Superman Reborn was a crossover between just two (and one issue of SW) books mainly. As far as I can tell, it's been very well liked.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Avoiding cumbersome frequent crossovers has been something they've stayed true to. Reborn's been the only one and it was really more out of necessity to getting the status quo fixed. Whether or not they'll eventually fall back into old habits is anyone's guess but for this first year they've done good.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Superman Reborn was a crossover between just two (and one issue of SW) books mainly. As far as I can tell, it's been very well liked.
    Do far just one then. But it did take 20 issues to get there at least.

Do far just one then. But it did take 20 issues to get there at least.
    Though they were 20 issue that weren't dependent on other books, and people really enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Though they were 20 issue that weren't dependent on other books, and people really enjoyed them.
    World building. But I fear the crossovers will show its ugly face eventually.

World building. But I fear the crossovers will show its ugly face eventually.
    I'd be willing to bet against that as far as frequent crossovers go. Tomasi, Gleason, Yang, and Orlando are usually left alone to tell their own stories more or less. That's Superman, Super Sons, New Super-Man, and Supergirl all left to their own devices for the most part. Their world building is usually just in service of their books alone (Tomasi and Gleason basically have their own slice of the DCU).

I'm sure we'll get some crossovers in the near future, but they seem to be planing and spacing better now, and most importantly they're just letting creators do their thing more or less.

I wouldn't mind another crossover if it'll bring up sales for new super-man and supergirl, those books are reaching cancellation level fast.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    I don't think Jurgens and Breeding work together anymore. No clue why but I've heard Breeding won't even take a commission to ink a Jurgens pencil commission.

You know who I'd like to see ink Jurgens? Chris Weston. Honestly, I'd like Weston on the book outright but you could probably get a Jurgens/Weston book out 24 issues a year. Jurgens was always one of those relatively few guys who could pencil two books a month.

Weston would bring out the Perez notes in Jurgens' work that Ordway and Breeding did.