Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think Billy and Cap Marvel being one is neat. But in any case, while I can totally see them trying to push Shazam by bringing in a big name like Waid from the cold, it's just downright criminal if someone other than Jeff Parker gets the big crack. I just don't think Parker/Shaner could be beat there, even if Billy not being a "woke millenial" makes him easy to write.
    Agreed. Parker seems to be being groomed for something like reintroducing Shazam.

But honestly I'd take Parker on a Superman book in less than a heartbeat, and then I'd chuck balled up wads of money at him to do a multiversal crossover between Superman and Future Quest. And Shaner seems to be all but yelling and begging at DC to let him do a Superman book where he can use Jon along with his parents. I'm sure he'd fall the hell out if he got word that he could do a crossover and have the two Jons meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    I still want to see Shaner do more Superman work, too.
    We are lesser as a collective society the longer Shaner is not drawing Superman. It makes so little sense that I can't take it.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE, DC, HE'S EXCLUSIVE!!!!!

ATOMIC SUPERMAN, EARTH-25 Atomic Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    We are lesser as a collective society the longer Shaner is not drawing Superman. It makes so little sense that I can't take it.

I don't get it, either, unless it's because his take on Superman is too "old school," whatever that even means.

I'd be thrilled to see him on a Superboy and The Legion of Superheroes title as well.

Agreed. Parker seems to be being groomed for something like reintroducing Shazam.

But honestly I'd take Parker on a Superman book in less than a heartbeat, and then I'd chuck balled up wads of money at him to do a multiversal crossover between Superman and Future Quest. And Shaner seems to be all but yelling and begging at DC to let him do a Superman book where he can use Jon along with his parents. I'm sure he'd fall the hell out if he got word that he could do a crossover and have the two Jons meet.
    It's obviously appealing, but I'm not sure what Parker writing Superman would be like. He normally enjoys a vast amount of freedom, not having to write serious business stories that drag and murder in spades and "change everything we know." I prefer him to Waid in general, but Waid is used to that ballgame and has been waiting decades for a shot.

Meanwhile, Shazam would give Parker probably whatever he wants. The movie synergy couldn't be too exhaustive. And more importantly, he's already had the most marvelous demonstration on the character. I'd take an event much worse than Convergence if it gave me Parker writing more Captain Marvel and Katar Hol again.

I don't get it, either, unless it's because his take on Superman is too "old school," whatever that even means.
    Given how Gleason has just been really going for it since day one on the classic Superman feel, I'd say Shaner would fit right in. His breezy yet weighted art goes under the category of timeless, I'd imagine. I don't see anything particularly dated about the way he draws anything or anyone.

I'd be thrilled to see him on a Superboy and The Legion of Superheroes title as well.
    We might be in store for something like this once the Legion gets up and running. I mean we can't live in a reality where DC has no plans what-so-ever to put Shaner on a Superman related book now that he's exclusive. I mean, that can't be the situation.....can it?

It's obviously appealing, but I'm not sure what Parker writing Superman would be like. He normally enjoys a vast amount of freedom, not having to write serious business stories that drag and murder in spades and "change everything we know." I prefer him to Waid in general, but Waid is used to that ballgame and has been waiting decades for a shot.
    Depending on if Superwoman or--god forbid--New Super-Man get caned, then a Superman Family anthology book should 10000% be written by him and drawn Shaner. That way Parker gets his freedom while still writing Superman, and Shaner gets to do what he was put on this Earth to do. With in such a book, Parker is a writer that I trust with a very particular character like Kenan. Other than the Superman family book, I'd imagine the only other book he'd get a good amount of freedom in (more or less) would be Superman, and honestly if I HAD TO pick Parker and Shaner are on a short list of teams that I know I would enjoy building on the moment of Tomasi and Gleason. Parker'd likely rip his hair out over at Action. Waid would do well their I think.

Meanwhile, Shazam would give Parker probably whatever he wants. The movie synergy couldn't be too exhaustive. And more importantly, he's already had the most marvelous demonstration on the character. I'd take an event much worse than Convergence if it gave me Parker writing more Captain Marvel and Katar Hol again.
    I'm not so sure, Shazam is something Johns seems to very interested in being "the next big thing." I can only imagine that'd multiply with the movie. Parker might end up having to do a lot in the interest of Shazam's greater role in the DCU. But with Superman, DC seems to be finally letting writers just tell Superman stories and play with his world. They're occasionally required to address Rebirth stuff, but after this Reborn aftermath, I think they'll just be allowed to do their own thing.

I really like Tomasi on Superman and Supersons. I hope whatever they do with or without Waid doesn't disturb this.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I love Champions, but if we are going to talk about cringy scenes, then nothing beats when he used "Lit" in the wrong context.
    Using lit in any context is wrong.

(Friends don't let friends say lit.)
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Saga . Paper Girls .

Trade Waiting: Archie . DC Bombshells . Sex Criminals . (Maybe) Luke Cage

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Doc Shaner has some Superman drawings on his Twitter, I thought that might interest you.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, for every you there's someone like me to fight back. And I don't give up. - Nu52 Superman

Superman Avatar drawn by Juan Ferreyra.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Using lit in any context is wrong.

(Friends don't let friends say lit.)
    I was gonna say that. Guess I should check out Champions because that's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    People that are new to the whole social justice thing can take a while to adjust, it's a lot to take in at once. I wouldn't write off Waid's writing just yet.
    Waid is not new though. He was going for that social commentary thing on his Threeboot Legion run where he made the Legion a social movement instead of a real team. It was a mess and the only thing people really remember from his run is his stupid "eat it grandpa" catchphrase so it is not like Champions is the first time he has tried this.

Waid would certainly be the guy to do it. He wants to go back to the notion that Billy and Cap are two separate beings. That would be a great way to give the premise a shot in the arm and make it far more compelling than a punk kid turning into an adult with the mind of a punk kid. I wonder if DC could work something out with Marvel to get shared use of the Captain Marvel title? Waid doesn't seem too keen on the current status quo.
    Anytime I hear the punk kid comment it just makes me realize that person either didn't read the Johns origin or just didn't get it. Billy was not a punk kid. He was a normal kid who has had a very hard life. If you tried doing Shazam now like he used to be it would be laughable. The Billy and Cap thing being two different people is another one of those things that needs to just stay in the past.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Admit it: you've read a page or two of KC, but have jumped on the hate bandwagon because hey, that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.
    There's a KINGDOM COME-hating bandwagon that kids are jumping on these days? Man, I really am out of the loop.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'm glad he is at least in talks, after how DC and him had a massive falling.
    Yeah after the "all flash 1" from 2006/7 and him coming back to write wally. I remember reading some where where alot of the "promises" they made him we're "out the window" by the first few issues according to him.

Remember that story from newsarama few years back we're Didio allegedly wanted Waid to replace him as eic?
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

I was gonna say that. Guess I should check out Champions because that's hilarious.
    I can't find the panel right now, but it was so...overall it's enjoyable, though, because I enjoy all the characters there - However, it's very clear that Waid favors some members over others imo. I haven't read it anymore since apparently Gwenpool is part of it, and that's too much for me.