Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 208
  1. #46
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Hell toss in the Other media versions like the cartoons and the shows and movies. I personally would love to see that happen in some form.
    That makes me think of what was shown in Reborn...it could be a hell of a story if Superman understood his existence the same way Mxyzptlk does.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Here's a thought about the multiple versions and the overall Rebirth arc: we've been focusing so much on the notion that Manhattan stole 10 years from the DCU, but what if that was just Wally's take on the situation? What if Manhattan "sifted" through universes like Luthor did in Infinite Crisis, combining different versions of the DCU from other Earths? This would mean that somewhere in the Multi-Multiverse, there is a Superman very much like the New 52 version.
    I actually like this explanation! I think it covers a lot and opens the door to a lot of possibilities. He wasn't so much "pulled" from another universe as he was copied.
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

    -Robin

  3. #48
    Incredible Member Lokimaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Here's a thought about the multiple versions and the overall Rebirth arc: we've been focusing so much on the notion that Manhattan stole 10 years from the DCU, but what if that was just Wally's take on the situation? What if Manhattan "sifted" through universes like Luthor did in Infinite Crisis, combining different versions of the DCU from other Earths? This would mean that somewhere in the Multi-Multiverse, there is a Superman very much like the New 52 version.
    Well the DCAU movies aren't Rebirthing so he technically still exists over there..

  4. #49
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Well the DCAU movies aren't Rebirthing so he technically still exists over there..
    For now, anyway. External media usually lag behind developments in the comics.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  5. #50
    Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Here's a thought about the multiple versions and the overall Rebirth arc: we've been focusing so much on the notion that Manhattan stole 10 years from the DCU, but what if that was just Wally's take on the situation? What if Manhattan "sifted" through universes like Luthor did in Infinite Crisis, combining different versions of the DCU from other Earths? This would mean that somewhere in the Multi-Multiverse, there is a Superman very much like the New 52 version.
    Maybe Manhattan was Alexander's inspiration...
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

  6. #51
    BACK FROM THE BLEED Atomic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    For now, anyway. External media usually lag behind developments in the comics.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    There's such an easy and quick way to "Rebirth" the Snyderverse films. The problem is that I don't think there are any creators there who could make the premise work and then build it into a brand new universe. The New Gods are the key, but it seems we're only going to get "Steppenwolf" and Darkseid as villains and nothing more.

  7. #52
    Fantastic Member The Learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    261

    Default

    An okay issue. Nothing much happened as I expected. Trinity keeping the secrets from rest of the league will probably have consequences later. Mr.Oz is watching their interaction, is there any place where he can't peek into?

  8. #53
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    I imagine one of the lookalikes is supposed to be Pre-Crisis Superman and one is supposed to be Post-Crisis. The one that's throwing me is the one in the largely traditional suit with the slash-styled S (on the left-hand side of the spread).
    He's the New Earth 2 Superman, I think.

  9. #54
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    An okay issue. Nothing much happened as I expected. Trinity keeping the secrets from rest of the league will probably have consequences later. Mr.Oz is watching their interaction, is there any place where he can't peek into?
    He's like Dr. Claw from the old Inspector Gadget cartoon. He has cameras everywhere, including Gadget's house!
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

    -Robin

  10. #55
    Incredible Member Lokimaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    There's such an easy and quick way to "Rebirth" the Snyderverse films. The problem is that I don't think there are any creators there who could make the premise work and then build it into a brand new universe. The New Gods are the key, but it seems we're only going to get "Steppenwolf" and Darkseid as villains and nothing more.
    There is nothing wrong with the Snyderverse other the the Studio can't seem to lay off and let the directors vision prevail. The three hour cut of BvS worked but the suits wanted more moolah so chose to cut down a movie where everything ties togther in specific ways. These things are storyboarded and pre vized out the wazoo. Hell the movie was even longer so that meant what could have been cut already had been.

    The Snyderverse is our world bad things happen here, we have allowed ourselves to become so cynical that even when someone does good it's ether not good enough or picked apart. Look at how people treat Superman the guy who is supposed to be the best of us.

    Sometimes you gotta ask yourself what do I want from Superman and is it a realistic expectation based on the world he inhabits. How can you change a World that won't let you change it? That's the problem Batman runs into.

    But the Snyderverse is still a work in progress which is what some people fail to see. They want Superman to come forth fully formed as this perfect being of goodness and temperament. Who rights wrongs with an even handed application of brains and brawn leaving his enemies awed and ashamed of their petty and selfish actions. LMAO.

  11. #56
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    The Snyderverse is our world
    People don't go to comic book movies to see "our world". You want to live in it, go outside and picket with all the other Alex Jones.

  12. #57
    Incredible Member Lokimaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    People don't go to comic book movies to see "our world". You want to live in it, go outside and picket with all the other Alex Jones.
    The Begins saga trilogy says otherwise.

  13. #58
    Incredible Member TheNewFiftyForum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Wasn't the issue before this the beginning of a team-up between Lex Luthor, Ra's al-Ghul and Circe? Did I miss something?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

  14. #59
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Wasn't the issue before this the beginning of a team-up between Lex Luthor, Ra's al-Ghul and Circe? Did I miss something?
    I think that story is getting carried over into either the next issue or the annual...?

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    The Begins saga trilogy says otherwise.
    Please. Only one of those movies is a real deconstruction piece, and on top of that, all three are cheesier than your memory permits you to remember.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •