Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Is that Phoebe?

No thanks. I want the New X-Men kids used, but not go the cliche villain route. We have enough ridiculous lane-swapping going around as is.

Unless you consider that the X-Men gone full-villain considering they have Sabretooh, Mystique and Lady Deathstrike on teams as 'heroes'...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Fans: We want Hellion! And Dust! And Surge! And Mercury!

Marvel: How about Eyeboy and Glob? And Quentin Quire, because for some reason writers have a hard-on for the little shit even though the readers can't stand him.
    Do not give up continue expressing your opinion and with luck one day marvel ends up listening. Although if GX fails marvel maybe understands the message not that I want it.

GX is certainly the biggest bet among the titles.

At least we have Jubilee and have some expectations about Bling and Benjamin.
    Last edited by Knives; 04-19-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Unless Hellion got cured of his M-Pox, he should still be with the Inhumans. Which actually gives future writers a lot to play with should they want to use them.

I'm a big fan of the New X-Men, it was my first comicbook series and those kids mean a lot to me. But, I can already tell that I'm going to love this book. Looks a wonderfully dysfunctional family.
    he has M-Pox? Dang, in recent months Ive learned of him, Sunspot, Dazzler and Rogue. What other significant X-men not in the X-books had that?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives
    Do not give up continue expressing your opinion and with luck one day marvel ends up listening. Although if GX fails marvel maybe understands the message not that I want it.

GX is certainly the biggest bet among the titles.
    If GX fails, they won't think NXM is what we want.

They're going to take it in the most annoying manner of "oh, so mutant kids really don't sell! ok no mutant kids for another 5+ years".

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    More like independents; like a young, less stabby X-Force. Though I certainly wouldn't object to seeing them fuck up big time along the way. Growing pains and a lack of telepaths...
    Yes.
    Have them reinstate themselves as a street-level-team, like back when Utopia was running and Dazzler would take the remaining students out into San Fran and stop muggers and such.
    Lemme see those kids do some vigilantism already. Heck, have half them be vigilantes and the other half be all like "No, you shouldn't do that. You're going to get hurt and make us all look bad blah blah" or whatever. Just get those kids some spotlight already.

Where's that fan artist who drew up all the kids patrolling the streets? THAT was a rad idea. Do THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

They're going to take it in the most annoying manner of "oh, so mutant kids really don't sell! ok no mutant kids for another 5+ years".
    That's my fear for the America Chavez solo and gay solo books in general.
    That book is nonsense.
    Thank Apocalypse the Iceman writer's approach sounds solid. He's our only hope.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Unless Hellion got cured of his M-Pox, he should still be with the Inhumans. Which actually gives future writers a lot to play with should they want to use them.

I'm a big fan of the New X-Men, it was my first comicbook series and those kids mean a lot to me. But, I can already tell that I'm going to love this book. Looks a wonderfully dysfunctional family.
    He SHOULD have been rescued from the Inhumans when the X-Men took New Attilan.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    AN Wolverine Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes.
    Have them reinstate themselves as a street-level-team, like back when Utopia was running and Dazzler would take the remaining students out into San Fran and stop muggers and such.
    Lemme see those kids do some vigilantism already. Heck, have half them be vigilantes and the other half be all like "No, you shouldn't do that. You're going to get hurt and make us all look bad blah blah" or whatever. Just get those kids some spotlight already.

Where's that fan artist who drew up all the kids patrolling the streets? THAT was a rad idea. Do THAT.
    Rockslide and Anole had been secretly moonlighting as street-level crime fighters for a while. At least during Utopia, and before Victor randomly decided Glob was his new BFF.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    AN Wolverine Deadpool

Meanwhile Xmen Blue is selling well and they'll just think those are all the teens we need

You may be right and this is really annoying.

On the other hand in the interview with the editors (and probably in the future with the GX writer) the fans always make it clear which characters they would like to have in the story.

Not interested, but NICE art though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Rockslide and Anole had been secretly moonlighting as street-level crime fighters for a while. At least during Utopia, and before Victor randomly decided Glob was his new BFF.

Ugh. Glob.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

You would think Marvel could do some like market research or surveys or something on what fans generally want. Like a scientific approach instead of relying on biased sampling of volunteer questions or the old letters to editor which were never guaranteed to represent most fans
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes.

That was me and Luis. Thanks. XD Glad to know you liked it.

This Week's Comics: Dragon Age: Knight Errant #5, Star Trek: Boldly Go #11, Animosity #9, Animosity: The Rise #3, Elves v. 5, 9 & 10

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That was me and Luis. Thanks. XD Glad to know you liked it.
    You're everything. Well, you AND Luis. Simply superb.
    My jealousy is rivaled only by my envy. Besos!