Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Who should write WW after Fontana? And who should draw it?

Fontana's staying for a 5-issue arc. Who, after her, could pick up what Rucka is likely to leave us with and do something interesting with it?

I'd be curious for Marguerite Bennett. She was going to be the writer (and I think had written an issue?) before Rucka stepped back in, and nary a whisper has ever come about what her plans were. I think her writing is fun and shows talent. I don't love everything she's done - I've stopped picking up Bombshells because it makes me yawn - but she seems to be an energetic creative machine.

I've always wanted to see Kurt Busiek really get a chance at WW. He wrote that mini-series drawn by Trina Robbins, but that was a story with a very specific, look-to-the-past and have fun with it purpose. He's written the random issue or two of the main title, but those were one-offs, I believe. Though people assume Winged Victory is his analogue to WW, he's said in interview before that he thinks of Cleopatra, if any, as being the Astro City "version" of WW, and I don't think he's ever written an Astro City arc focused on Cleopatra. He's a talented, solid writer, and he has at times been interested in WW. I'd be interested in seeing what he'd do.

Both Geoff Johns and Scott Snyder have publicly expressed interest in writing WW, but they're both incredibly busy with their own projects, and I'd really like a talented writer in it for a longer time, not one or two arcs.

Though I'm not caught up with it, I've really enjoyed Marjorie Liu's Monstress (I admit that part of the enjoyment is in how beautiful the art is), and while I never read it, she got much critical acclaim for all of her X-stuff. Maybe Liu?

As for artists, I'd like Bilquis Evely to stay. I'm hoping that the reason Mirka Andolfo is only around for two issues is that Evely is returning. I like her art, and I think it improves with each issue.

I think I'd wet myself if Jamie McKelvie or Stuart Immomen became the WW artists.

Fantastic Member

Hasn't Gail Simone been expressing interest in writing Wondy again?

Incredible Member

Kelly Sue DeConnick and Russel Dauterman

Can I choose myself? Finally I can put my use in Wonder family fanfics to use.

On a more serious note – I don't know yet, maybe Bennett since I'd love a female writer to get to Wondy. The nostalgia in me screams for another Jimenez run. Or Simone as well. Geoff or Snyder? Uummm...I like Geoff well enough and I tend to cut him some slack but I don't know how much I'd like his take on Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Kelly Sue DeConnick and Russel Dauterman
    Russel Dauterman is golden on Thor. I LOVE IT!!!!!
    Richard Alexander

Amazing Member

I think Gail Simone would probably take what Rucka established and build on it. And I think she'd bring other classic villains back like Giganta and Dr. Psycho. For that matter, Phil Jimenez could do the same thing. I'm wondering if the reason his stint on "Superwoman" wasn't longer was because he got tapped to take over WW. If we're looking for someone new who's never written Diana, then I'd have to say I'd be curious to see what Patrick Gleason would do with her. I've enjoyed his runs on both "Batman and Robin" and currently on "Superman." As for art, I'd love to see Jimenez or the Dodsons back. I'd also like to see Jason Fabok get an extended run with the character. I loved his rendition of her in "Justice League."

I just pray asking for my girl Bilquis Evely to stay. Her art is so, so beautiful and unique! And I agree with you, Frank, she gets better every issue. I don't think we've had enough of her.

Not sure about Johns, but I'd love to see Snyder's take. But, yeah, I'd prefer a female writer as well.

Marjorie Liu YES PLEASE. I read Monstress last month and it was the best comic I read in a long, long time. And she does a great worldbuilding job there, something Diana could use.

I'm not too familiar with comic book writers, I just want someone really passionate about WW.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I think Gail Simone would probably take what Rucka established and build on it. And I think she'd bring other classic villains back like Giganta and Dr. Psycho...
    This is the main reason I'd be excited to see Simone write WW again. Plus, she really did a great job capturing Diana's voice.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's looking like Simone is gonna be it, which I'm hesitant about. She's being handed a much better foundation than the mess she got last time, but some of her stuff like Genocide, the Crows and the gorillas were just inherently bad. If it's more like the first year of her run or Red Sonja I will be ok.

I'm liking Bennett on Batwoman so far, I'd be open to seeing her on Wonder Woman.

Seeley is who I really want though, but I also want him on Superman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's looking like Simone is gonna be it, which I'm hesitant about.
    Was there some announcement about this?

I hope not. I really didn't like her run.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Was there some announcement about this?

I hope not. I really didn't like her run.
    She's been tweeting hints recently that she's not done with Wonder Woman, or something along those lines.

I just hope whoever it is will not reboot Diana or revert her to her New 52 abominable self.

That being said, my top choice for writer AND artist is Phil Jimenez. That poor guy deserves another shot at this book with how much editorial interference he had to put up with during his run. With how much he loves Diana and if he's given the freedom that Rucka had(with the exception of having to stick with Rucka's continuity) I think he would knock this book out of the park.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I just hope whoever it is will not reboot Diana or revert her to her New 52 abominable self.

That being said, my top choice for writer AND artist is Phil Jimenez. That poor guy deserves another shot at this book with how much editorial interference he had to put up with during his run. With how much he loves Diana and if he's given the freedom that Rucka had(with the exception of having to stick with Rucka's continuity) I think he would knock this book out of the park.
    I'd love Jimenez as well, his run at Wondy happens to be my favorite -- editorial interference and all -- and I think he genuinely understands the character and appreciates the supporting cast.

Incredible Member

I still dream of Warren Ellis partnered with a fantasy artist like Boris Vallejo or Julie Bell. Given that we never got ALL STAR WW I still hunger for AH! interiors

Incredible Member

I revisited THE TECHNIS IMPERATIVE recently and I wouldn't mind Devyn Grayson teaming with Phil on WW or Superman. They were magic on that book