Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Secret Empire help! *SPOILERS8

Ok, so we see that the Axis won WWII and the Allies used a cosmic cube to make it so they won. We are seeing this from Steve's perspective ( his kobic changed perspective). Could this all be things that were implanted in his mind when he was changed and all these "flashbacks" just his altered memories and not a physically changed universe? I am asking this because a lot of people on different comic boards and twitter are freaking out about this revaluation.

What different comic boards?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainemt12 View Post
    Ok, so we see that the Axis won WWII and the Allies used a cosmic cube to make it so they won. We are seeing this from Steve's perspective ( his kobic changed perspective). Could this all be things that were implanted in his mind when he was changed and all these "flashbacks" just his altered memories and not a physically changed universe? I am asking this because a lot of people on different comic boards and twitter are freaking out about this revaluation.
    Yes, these memories of the Allies "altering" history are just part of Steve's changed memories. There is not a physically altered universe.

All-New Member

IGN, Comivine

Honestly because of lack of explanation, it's up in the air at this point. With Thunderbolts, Bucky was sent back to WWII and it played out as Steve being secretly Hydra with Kobik saying she changed the past but in Captain America, when Zemo launched the plane with Bucky strapped to it, he makes the statement that if this is a lie, he'll make it the truth, hinting that the past is only in Steve's mind. So in the end, who knows at this point?

I think its purposely been left ambiguous on just whether Kobik changed Steve's memories or actually altered the world. We will just have to wait an see. I honestly do not see why people are freaking out about this. its just a twist in #0 of a 9 part series. To take anything as gospel at the moment is not worth it.
    Marvel: - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Hulk, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rodgers, Old Man Logan, The Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, Gwenpool, Black Panther, The Ultimates2, Champions.

DC: -
    Super-Girl, Batwoman

Image: -
    Paper Girls.

My Comics Review Blog!

All-New Member

Didn't the Red Skull tell Steve that all his memories were his idea and that everything he remembers is just a dream he made?

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I am proceeding under the assumption that Steve's realities and/or memories were changed to make him think he was Hydra until the allies used the Cosmic Cube. The vision of the classic Avengers in that scene hinted at that. However, the story is being deliberately ambiguous right now. None of us know the answer, we're only speculating.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

This sounds like a Scott Snyder plot twist .

Fantastic Member

I think she did change history it self since the Allies did it as well. On a kind of related topic has to do with Secret Empire spoiler, did Quasar die? I am confused if the Chitauri captured or killed her.

Ultimate Member

The casualty list is as follows:

Quasar and Hyperion: MIA. Both looked to have been killed, but we don't see them again after they take the hits from the Chitauri. Quasar seemed be swallowed whole, Hyperion took a hard energy blast.
    Captain Marvel, Alpha Flight, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ultimates (except Black Panther): Exiled. Locked outside Earth due to the Planetary Defence Shield.
    Defenders, Spider-Woman, Doctor Strange, Cloak and Dagger, Uncanny Avengers: Trapped inside a Darkforce barrier by Blackout.

As a result, Iron Man and Ironheart did a major Avengers Assemble: Black Panther is the last remaining Ultimate. Quicksilver had left the Unity Squad, so he was available. Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man also show up, alongside Iron Patriot, Red Hulk, Squirrel Girl from the U.S.Avengers, Thor, Vision, Spider-Man, Hercules, and Wasp from the core Avengers, and Ms. Marvel, Viv, Spider-Man, and Hulk from the Champions. That means the following heroes are AWOL: Nova, Enigma, Sunspot, Cannonball, Sam Wilson, Cyclops. Nova and Cannonball may be locked out by the shield. Cyclops is presumably with the rest of X-Men Blue, since no X-Men appear in Secret Empire #0.

Quote Originally Posted by captainemt12 View Post
    IGN, Comivine
    Thanks.........

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, these memories of the Allies "altering" history are just part of Steve's changed memories. There is not a physically altered universe.
    Wrong. You are just saying that to save Marvel's face. The story is that the real reality Captain America was ALWAYS an Hydra nazi fascist dude, and that the allies lost the war to the nazis. The allies used a cosmic cube to change the "real" reality to what we used to see as the real one. There's no possible reason to sugarcoat this. That's just not what it was in the book.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: All-New, All-Different Guardians of the Galaxy, Amazing Spider-Man and Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man

"You know... the world could always use more heroes" -Tracer

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I think she did change history it self since the Allies did it as well. On a kind of related topic has to do with Secret Empire spoiler, did Quasar die? I am confused if the Chitauri captured or killed her.
    I haven't been following Spencer's books. Was she used a lot? If not, I think she's too much of a wasted character to have died. That being said, it look like she got eaten, so things aren't good for her right now.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Fantastic Member

If Kobik had altered history itself, Bucky would have never realized the past was altered. Steve knows that his past has been altered, but he still believes its his duty to lead Hydra to a New World Order even before Kobik altered it. Kobik did not alter reality itself, she only changed a few things to make Steve's current memories of his past feel real.