Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It amazes me how polar opposite this site is compared to Reddit. This was brought up on Reddit and everyone there completely trashed Bendis and his writing. But here this juvenile garbage is praised. Again...2nd grade joke written by a marvel writer.

I have seen similar digs at complainers in a other titles with replacement characters. Thor comes to mind. Do the writers not know their audience?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    It amazes me how polar opposite this site is compared to Reddit. This was brought up on Reddit and everyone there completely trashed Bendis and his writing. But here this juvenile garbage is praised. Again...2nd grade joke written by a marvel writer.
    Not so much "praised" but just taken for what it is - a joke. It's in character on Friday's part, being an observation that an A.I. entity could fairly make.

Maybe people are Reddit are just wound a little too tight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I have seen similar digs at complainers in a other titles with replacement characters. Thor comes to mind. Do the writers not know their audience?
    It's not a dig at Tony. If anything it's a dig at A.I. Tony.

When A.I. Tony asks Friday why he isn't every bit as real as physical body Tony, Friday says that "The one with the butthole is the real one."

She isn't calling Tony himself a "butthole", she's saying that the Tony that excretes waste is more real than a holographic projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

When A.I. Tony asks Friday why he isn't every bit as real as physical body Tony, Friday says that "The one with the butthole is the real one."

She isn't calling Tony himself a "butthole", she's saying that the Tony that excretes waste is more real than a holographic projection.
    It is a dig at their customers that complain because that isn't the real Tony.

Maybe people are Reddit are just wound a little too tight.
    It seems they re-invented the concept 'overreacting'.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

I've been reading all the comments praising it as sarcastic.

This is probably aimed at young teenagers. A lot of teenagers have a sex and toilet sense of humor because they think laughing at that kind of stuff makes them cool, and because you know puberty. However, those types of teenagers aren't really the type who read comic books. So wtf Bendis.

This is as stupid as that idiot wrestler that tosses people around with his penis. Its childish and stupid.
    You're reading superhero comic books, bro.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Does Husk having sex with Angel while flying, with her mom as a witness count?
    Oh, that Austen😂. For the dialog during the scene, I think the mother had a weird, near non reaction from the scans I've seen (I'd stopped reading Austens run not to long before that storyline), still would qualify that as out of place dialog rather than inherently bad dialog.
    So no.

...ooooooor...the one with skin and other fleshy things?
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    It is a dig at their customers that complain because that isn't the real Tony.
    No. Not at all. That reading doesn't jibe with any reality.

It's a way for Friday to quickly puncture A.I. Tony's ego a bit. That's it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    ...ooooooor...the one with skin and other fleshy things?
    LMD's have skin and fleshy things but they aren't real. They don't have a need to excrete waste (well, not that I know of!).;

Referring to the existence of a butthole is a more accurate way to mark the difference between an artificial construct and a biological entity.

Or, it's just a funnier way - depending on your sense of humor, at least - which is why Bendis went with it.

Well, a lot of Reddit is basically Youtube comments without the videos. It was the home of Gamergate.

If Reddit hates your stuff, you are probably doing something right.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

I liked it. Nothing wrong with a bit of humor.

Happy to report that the panel made me chuckle.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Mass Effect: Ranking the Squad Members