Default Space opera should come back to TV!

Come on TV producers give us an amazing sci fi world with epic stories and badass military space people!

So what happened? Are we not excited for space anymore? Are the young people not getting into sci fi?
    Last edited by CaptJohnSheridan; 04-19-2017 at 08:53 PM.

I am all for it, but not so much sold on the necessity of badass military people.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

There's a new Star Trek TV series being filmed (Discovery), although as far as a military thing is concerned, it depends on what kind of Star Trek it's going to be. The TOS movies, Deep Space Nine and Enterprise focused on Starfleet as a military power, while the others were more about exploration. The series however, has been delayed many times (It was originally going to air in January, but it's had problems due to some production shakeups).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Well there is Doctor Who...but I am not sure that can really be called Science Fiction. But it is full of the Space OPERA...Really Heavy on the Opera part if not the actual Space part.

I would love a return to the days of stuff like Deep Space 9, Babylon 5, Farscape, Stargate, and the like.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJohnSheridan View Post
    Come on TV producers give us an amazing sci fi world with epic stories and badass military space people!

So what happened? Are we not excited for space anymore? Are the young people not getting into sci fi?
    Since no one has brought up the obvious yet...

Have you seen The Expanse yet? It just completed its second season.

boiler plate space related shows

-Dark MAtter
    -killjoys

high caliber sci fi
    the expanse

On the horizon

star trek discovery

I agree though, I want more.

Also there is Supergirl. The show has gone more sci-fi than superhero. If you like show like Star Trek and Star Wars, with strange looking aliens with spikey and blue heads,
    huge space ships, and traveling to other planets, and you haven't been watching Supergirl, you might give that show a try.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJohnSheridan View Post

You must not be watching The Expanse or Dr Who
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Well there is Doctor Who...but I am not sure that can really be called Science Fiction. But it is full of the Space OPERA...Really Heavy on the Opera part if not the actual Space part.
    Of course Dr Who is Sci-Fi
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

others covered it

but see

The Expanse
    Killjoys
    Supergirl
    If you listen to the fans, youll find yourself sitting with them

- Joe Kuharich

Badass military people in Doctor Who kind of depends on what episode it is. The Doctor is allied with UNIT of course but there's been plenty of episodes with space marines and stuff like that (Earthshock most notably in the original series).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Seth McFarlane's Orville coming soon to Fox sounds like it should be right up your alley.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I am all for it, but not so much sold on the necessity of badass military people.
    I agree but back then I loved Space Above and Beyond nonetheless http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112173/?ref_=nv_sr_1