Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    The issue with Vulcan is that he's Space Hitler. He works really well in the grandiose space opera that was War Of Kings/Realm of Kings wherein a lot of the story could focus on the empires, politics and moral ambiguity.
    I say either Space Stalin or Space Caesar lol.

    I would like to see him back. I see Cyclops making a deal with Vulcan in Space Limbo to use his Omega Powers to take away The T-Cloud.

  2. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I say either Space Stalin or Space Caesar lol.

    I would like to see him back. I see Cyclops making a deal with Vulcan in Space Limbo to use his Omega Powers to take away The T-Cloud.
    Space Caesar works really well given how he looked back during the Emperor Vulcan days IIRC.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I say either Space Stalin or Space Caesar lol.

    I would like to see him back. I see Cyclops making a deal with Vulcan in Space Limbo to use his Omega Powers to take away The T-Cloud.
    The former is even worse and the latter doesn't exactly ring out with anything given there's almost 100 Caesars. And they run a wide gamut from "Guy who didn't really do anything." to "BATSHIT INSANE"

    I can't see any X-person, not even mystique, making a deal with Vulcan cause he's obviously and unquestionably bad news. Vulcan may be Scott's brother. But he's just as bad as the red skull. I'd have some words for Scott Summers if he thought Vulcan was a viable ally. He's not morally ambiguous or affably evil, he's overwhelmingly selfishly almost cartoonish evil. He's not the guy you go to for your species preservation plans.
    Last edited by ZephyrSurf; 06-25-2016 at 02:31 AM.

  4. #19

    Default

    Death of X will presumably bridge this 8 month gap, while I hadn't thought of Vulcan being involved maybe he could get brought into it. If Black Bolts mist leads to the death of say Rachel the three Summers brothers could unite against Boltagon. (I have kinda assumed Havok falls alongside Cyke as he should still be inverted and therefore have no issue following Scott if/when he calls for a war.)


    And the fact we still have had no Summers (other than Cable) in ANAD makes me think Cyke coulda involved his whole family in the war)

  5. #20
    Veteran Member sureshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I say either Space Stalin or Space Caesar lol.
    Seconded. Though not a well written one imo. If memory serves correctly a faction I think the Deviants pledged to allegiance to them. He was written as stupidly wiping out the entire delegation. Along the lines of "I don't need any allies I'm Vulcan". Or something similar to that affect. If they bring him back as the Marvel version of Caesar in space again. I want him written acting like Caesar and not Nero.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

    Havok was right.

  6. #21
    Junior Member parker stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Avengers Island
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Vulcan ties with the Sentry for my most hated Marvel character. I hate what the Deadly Genesis series did to Xavier's character.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

  7. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    Vulcan ties with the Sentry for my most hated Marvel character. I hate what the Deadly Genesis series did to Xavier's character.

    A character can grow and improve from a terrible origin, though. See: most characters.

  8. #23
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    The former is even worse and the latter doesn't exactly ring out with anything given there's almost 100 Caesars. And they run a wide gamut from "Guy who didn't really do anything." to "BATSHIT INSANE"

    I can't see any X-person, not even mystique, making a deal with Vulcan cause he's obviously and unquestionably bad news. Vulcan may be Scott's brother. But he's just as bad as the red skull. I'd have some words for Scott Summers if he thought Vulcan was a viable ally. He's not morally ambiguous or affably evil, he's overwhelmingly selfishly almost cartoonish evil. He's not the guy you go to for your species preservation plans.
    Why? Vulcan cares about Scott and his opinion a lot. I bet if Scott had words with Vulcan, he would listen and help him. Gabriel cared about Scott a little to much. He just hated Xavier more and wanted to show Scott that Xavier wasn't a great and noble man like he thought he was. Now that Scott has killed Xavier and is shunned by most, Gabriel would be good help to him. They turned Havok into a jealous character in the story though. Like he just Hated not being the only brother of Cyclops and didn't even bother to give Gabriel a chance. (Which lead to that silly cat and mouse game that had him kill their father who also returned)

    With Blackbolt, Star-lord and now Nova back from the rift....I do believe that Gabriel is a prisoner of the inhumans. Cyclops probably got intel on this and wants to get Gabriel to help him fight Boltagon.

    Since the writers have said we will see why Havok hasn't been around and he'll show up shortly...it makes me think Cyke and Havok will be going to bust their brother out of prison with Emma's help.

  9. #24
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    Vulcan ties with the Sentry for my most hated Marvel character. I hate what the Deadly Genesis series did to Xavier's character.
    OTOH, Sway, Petra and Darwin all had interesting powers, and I wouldn't have minded seeing more of them, than the 'fifth third Summer's brother.' (Granted, Sway has the same sort of powers as Timeslip, Lacuna, Tempo, Tempus, etc. and multiple other X-peeps, like Rachel and Ilyanna and Legion, can time travel with their powers, if they really, really wanna, so she's not the most original...)

    Of all the 'all powerful mutant siblings you've never heard of until just now,' like Mikhail Rasputin and Cassandra Nova, Gabriel's just another one. He got a bigger push than Mikhail, but, in the end, was less relevant to earthly mutant matters than Cassandra N.

    Of the 'big bads,' I wonder if Exodus is going to come back, or perhaps even a non-mutant specific foe, like the High Evolutionary, who, last we saw, was on the kill-alla-mutants train again. (Along with Zuras, of the Eternals, who would also make a terrifying foe for mutantkind.)

  10. #25
    Veteran Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Why? Vulcan cares about Scott and his opinion a lot. I bet if Scott had words with Vulcan, he would listen and help him. Gabriel cared about Scott a little to much. He just hated Xavier more and wanted to show Scott that Xavier wasn't a great and noble man like he thought he was. Now that Scott has killed Xavier and is shunned by most, Gabriel would be good help to him. They turned Havok into a jealous character in the story though. Like he just Hated not being the only brother of Cyclops and didn't even bother to give Gabriel a chance. (Which lead to that silly cat and mouse game that had him kill their father who also returned)

    With Blackbolt, Star-lord and now Nova back from the rift....I do believe that Gabriel is a prisoner of the inhumans. Cyclops probably got intel on this and wants to get Gabriel to help him fight Boltagon.

    Since the writers have said we will see why Havok hasn't been around and he'll show up shortly...it makes me think Cyke and Havok will be going to bust their brother out of prison with Emma's help.


    This is what Cyclops' exposure to Vulcan was like. That and killing Banshee.

  11. #26
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    63

    Default

    And the problem is.........?

    Vulcan knew darn well that the X-men weren't going to listen to him easily. Given his backstory, he would've thought that Xavier control over them was tenfold. He most likely figured he'd have to make his family see his side through brutal tactics to help in his battle against Xavier. All Gabriel wanted was Cyclops to see how bad Xavier really was and how wrong it was to erase him from Cylops's mind. We all know when a Summer's male gets pissed reasoning does not matter.

    As for Banshee, Mystique led to that death. He wasn't strong enough to move a plane with his voice.

  12. #27
    Veteran Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    And the problem is.........?

    Vulcan knew darn well that the X-men weren't going to listen to him easily. Given his backstory, he would've thought that Xavier control over them was tenfold. He most likely figured he'd have to make his family see his side through brutal tactics to help in his battle against Xavier. All Gabriel wanted was Cyclops to see how bad Xavier really was and how wrong it was to erase him from Cylops's mind. We all know when a Summer's male gets pissed reasoning does not matter.

    As for Banshee, Mystique led to that death. He wasn't strong enough to move a plane with his voice.
    My problem is you thinking Cyclops will look past the death of Banshee, his father and the mindrape of his daughter and see him as family in any shape or form.

  13. #28
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    63

    Default

    He didn't force banshee to fly in front of a plane. I don't remember him specifically targeting banshee for death. Banshee just died a hero relying on an ability that didn't heal. That's like saying baron zero killed thunderbird.

    As for the mind rape with rachel, nobody even knows what that means. She was forced to reveal information that she didn't want to is all I gathered. Things that Emma and mastermind have done for years. Hell any mentalist does this at some point.

  14. #29
    Veteran Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    He didn't force banshee to fly in front of a plane. I don't remember him specifically targeting banshee for death. Banshee just died a hero relying on an ability that didn't heal. That's like saying baron zero killed thunderbird.

    As for the mind rape with rachel, nobody even knows what that means. She was forced to reveal information that she didn't want to is all I gathered. Things that Emma and mastermind have done for years. Hell any mentalist does this at some point.
    And you don't see Scott ever send invites to Mastermind and Baron Zero either. Unlesso Cassandra Nova sends Vulcan to fuck his way into the inner circle like Emma it's a copout.

  15. #30
    Senior Member Darkgreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Vulcan coming back now would be great. People think Cyclops was evil, you forgot he has a brother who can fight Black bolt one on one and who would kill everyone. Storm needs a good villain to go up against, having Vulcan would be great. He is Cyclops brother which would turn a lot of heads alone. Plus he has backing from Deathbird and the Shi'ar. He stands against Xavier's dream, Xavier left him for dead and made Cyclops forget about him. he has a Axe to grind. and the only one holding Xavier dream is Storm.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •