Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Still think Amara has to be mind controlled.
    Maybe Emma... She's shown she'll willing to straight up control mutants before. Not sure what her game would be here but I'd imagine she's busy putting together a merry band of misfits. I don't see any bondage gear though so I could be wrong.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judicata View Post
    I enjoy the OML ongoing series, but its hard for me to really picture him as a front line fighter on a team. But maybe that's part of the story?

I mean he was completely useless sin IvX, its like the team tries to use him as 616 Logan and it just isn't working.

He is too old and past his prime to be a front line fighter
    Right. People complaining he is taken out too easily but I think that's kind of how it has to be.
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by outr View Post
    I would be amused if not bewildered by Rictor being the new Avalanche if not for the grotesquely Lifieldian body.
    I was kind of hoping it would be Rictor, because I really miss him, but after getting a better look at the new Avalanche in this preview, there's no way that's him. I'm thinking it might be Strong Guy, actually.

The dialogue is terrible.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Is Colossus going to do anything besides lifting heavy objects?
    Just be thankful he's not the one getting jobbed.

I just saw a number.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Interesting way to look at it, lol....

Random thought, I wonder if sales will go up on this issue because of 'controversy' and people thinking the value might go up if there are anymore 'messages.'

T.F.S., eh?
    Teleporting/Telekinetic Fastball Special?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Taking time off from 'Marvel Future Fight' on my cell

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Still think Amara has to be mind controlled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Maybe Emma... She's shown she'll willing to straight up control mutants before. Not sure what her game would be here but I'd imagine she's busy putting together a merry band of misfits. I don't see any bondage gear though so I could be wrong.
    Kind of like Emperor Lelouch, but with no Thanatos Gambit because she's creating a mutant sovereign state out of HYDRAmerica. Free Will is a shackle?
    Genkai nante nai
    (No limits)
    Zettai nante nai
    (No absolutes)

Spectacular Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outr View Post
    I would be amused if not bewildered by Rictor being the new Avalanche if not for the grotesquely Lifieldian body.
    agreed. that would be some serious workout to get that big.

Spectacular Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Interesting reveal about Amara. Wonder what the story is behind that. Amara is one of those characters who slips in and out of the X-books fairly regularly. There never seems to be a plan for her. Other than her role with the New Mutants, she hasn't had a chance to do much. I'm wondering what changed.

Whatever the case, I hope the controversy from the first issue doesn't derail this series. It's got such a great lineup. It deserves better.
    poor Amara. no writer seems to know what to do with her for any extended period. she tends to come a go frequently.

Astonishing Member

How is OML getting jobbed? He would stand no chance whatsoever in a one-on-one with most of the members on that Brotherhood lineup. Either Magma, Pyro, or Avalanche could massacre him in a one-on-one fight and it was Magma who took him down. Regarding the other two members, I don't know who they are or what they can do (one may be Masque of the Morlocks, but I seriously hope not. He's got one sorry battle power).

Incredible Member Geek Mangacomic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    How is OML getting jobbed? He would stand no chance whatsoever in a one-on-one with most of the members on that Brotherhood lineup. Either Magma, Pyro, or Avalanche could massacre him in a one-on-one fight and it was Magma who took him down. Regarding the other two members, I don't know who they are or what they can do (one may be Masque of the Morlocks, but I seriously hope not. He's got one sorry battle power).
    Yeah, Logan isn't being jobbed. I mean, he was taken down by Inferno with flames. So this should be fine too.
    Pull List
    X-Men Gold Astonishing X-Men
    Deadpool vs Old Man Logan Old Man Logan
    Trade Waiting
    Weapon X Doomsday Clock
    Old Man Hawkeye Phoenix: Ressurection

hangin on by a thread... donpricetag's Avatar

Yeah, she manipulates heat and can force magma to erupt from the Earth's crust. That's the level of heat that OML just got hit with. Not jobbed. Just logically taken out of the picture. Something tells me she hit him because she knew he could take it (she is still who she is). Magma has always been overpowered. One of the reasons she barely gets used. It's hard to write villains that could shrug off an entire team AND what she can do. Not to mention just using her full powers would cause more harm than good in a metropolitan area... Or any area outside of Hawaii. Her powers are better suited as a bad guy. Not her, her powerset. Before any of you super fans lose your @#$& on me.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?!

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Yeah, she manipulates heat and can force magma to erupt from the Earth's crust. That's the level of heat that OML just got hit with. Not jobbed. Just logically taken out of the picture. Something tells me she hit him because she knew he could take it (she is still who she is). Magma has always been overpowered. One of the reasons she barely gets used. It's hard to write villains that could shrug off an entire team AND what she can do. Not to mention just using her full powers would cause more harm than good in a metropolitan area... Or any area outside of Hawaii. Her powers are better suited as a bad guy. Not her, her powerset. Before any of you super fans lose your @#$& on me.
    All of this. In one of the New Mutants (Vol 2) issues, Elixir woke up Magma from her coma and she immediately smashed the entire hospital to rubble by creating a volcano. It would have killed Hellion and the entire hospital staff if Elixir didn't have his healing powers.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    It is the small things in life...