Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Not excited for these up coming titles, but I will buy the first issue of each and see if any warrant further attention from me
    and my wallet

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    But are these Dark Matter titles part of the Rebirth launchline? Or are a neutral zone between Rebirth, YA and Hanna Barbera Beyond?
    The Dark Matter books are part of DC continuity so this is kind of a follow up to Rebirth. Rebirth was about getting back to the core of the big heroes, DM is about letting high profile artists tell new stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Well my LCS has much more DC promos on display but I get what you're saying. At least I think I do, are you saying that only the A-listers matter at DC?
    I'd call the X Men A-Listers, but then again my Marvel knowledge is limited.

Uh... These fail to excite me.

Doesn't Geoff Johns write comic books anymore?

Female assassin, goes by "Silencer?" Somebody get Lynette Walden on the phone! If only this new one was based on the movie... (look it up )

Fantastic Member

Challengers?? I know they gotta protect copyrights on names but why not jus come up with a way to modify and use the originals?

I don't want a new Damage. Bring in the original. New character , new name.

I love the idea of King writing a new New Gods series. Could we get Simonson and Byrne alternating artwork by story arcs??

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Well my LCS has much more DC promos on display but I get what you're saying. At least I think I do, are you saying that only the A-listers matter at DC?
    DC really doesn't do enough in promoting new material.

Most of the promoting goes to Batman and Superman, or the A-listers, but more as generic franchise promos. Like 'we sell Batman books here', 'we sell Superman books here', 'we sell DC heroes books here'... etc. Not so much 'buy this Batman Book', 'buy this DC Hero Book'.
    And many retailers also promote Marvel over DC because that's what they grew up reading, and they've cultivated their clientele into reading what they read by recommending their favorite books over the years. When the retailers get excited about something, they pull in the new readers.
    So DC would need to be much more aggressive at promoting to be noticed. Especially for something like this.

Create some buzz. Give retailers the tools to promote (some good, top-quality, posters) and get them interested.
    If DC can win the retailers, the readers will follow.
    "The definition of all ages is itís not just for little kids." - Greg Goldstein, President of IDW.
    Currently reading: Camelot 3000, Dreadstar, Omega Men

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I love the idea of King writing a new New Gods series. Could we get Simonson and Byrne alternating artwork by story arcs??
    I think Byrne refuses to work for the Big 2 anymore.

The only interesting part on these titles are the artist and writers. DC needs to work on characters that needs to be worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The Van Jensen-written Green Lantern Corps book that starred John Stewart had lower sales than HJ&TGLC now. Seems like the JS fans had "left" back then too, but I'm sure somehow that must have been Hal Jordan's fault as well.
    Well both books were going down in sales after Geoff Johns' left the franchise. Too many crossovers, character inconsistencies, and bad concepts effecting the GL mythology in a negative way towards fans. Whenever the main GL book went down in decline due to those reasons above, the GLC book did as well, since the general conscience looked at the book as a secondary book. And concerning HL&TGLC book, it started off with a good fresh start, which had many fan favorite characters and artist in the title. It's not just John Stewart in the book, but other fan favorite characters supporting the series. Seeing how it went from the 100K in sales to the mid 30k in less than a year, is really nothing for DC to be really proud of, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    But are these Dark Matter titles part of the Rebirth launchline? Or are a neutral zone between Rebirth, YA and Hanna Barbera Beyond?
    Honestly, I feel like this is a separate imprint like Young Animal or the Hanna Barbera books that DC is giving a go at.

It's not like DCYou or Rebirth where it was a line-wide thing or advertised as being major books in the DCU.

Though if one of the books turns out to be Tom King on the New Gods, that would probably end up being pretty relevant to the DCU.

Im gonna need more info on these characters and concepts before i just jump in. Ill probably give some of them a shot though. Like ive done with Young Animal.

LoL, i have to admit though i didn't expect to see some of the bitterness in this thread. Like DC isn't also going to be publishing stuff they know fans want.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-20-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, I feel like this is a separate imprint like Young Animal or the Hanna Barbera books that DC is giving a go at.

It's not like DCYou or Rebirth where it was a line-wide thing or advertised as being major books in the DCU.

Though if one of the books turns out to be Tom King on the New Gods, that would probably end up being pretty relevant to the DCU.
    This is are apparently spinning out of the Metal event though.

DC, hear my voice. I DO want new characters and new stories. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This is are apparently spinning out of the Metal event though.
    I just thought that was Capullo's book, which is why it was aptly titled "Metal."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just thought that was Capullo's book, which is why it was aptly titled "Metal."
    Thats their big summer event with Batman. Dark Night: Metal.