Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Digital costs the same as print because publishers aren't going to fuck over retailers. It's a simple as that. It also benefits the publisher to sell at the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Because the stories are good in and of themselves and I genuinely look forward to and can't wait to read the next chapter. Bonus, I don't have to buy 10+ tie-in issues in order to enjoy something like Monstress or I Hate Fairyland. Fairyland even features one and done stories.

I used to eagerly await the weekly Shonen Jump for Bleach. Of course, that's ended now.
    I take your point. Actually, Monstress Volume 1 is on sale today on Comixology, so I've just put down 2.49 pound for it. Mind you, my wish list for Image titles on Comixology is now as long as my arm... We all consume things differently. The only fictional title I feel I have to get when it comes out, now, is The Winds of Winter - when it hits the bookshelves sometime in 2026
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 04-27-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I take your point. Actually, Monstress Volume 1 is on sale today on Comixology, so I've just put down 2.49 pound for it. Mind you, my wish list for Image titles on Comixology is now as long as my arm... We all consume things differently. The only fictional title I feel I have to get when it comes out, now, is The Winds of Winter - when it hits the bookshelves sometime in 2026
    I have comiXology Unlimited which features a bunch of Image Volume 1s. I've been using that to figure what titles to add to my wishlist to be purchased the next time Image runs a sale.

I've kinda given up hope that GRRM will ever finish ASOIAF.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Normandy Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    My app is from the native Play Store.
    And I put comics into a cart and checkout.

They switched it to where it pulls the money out of your Amazon pay method (like kindle's oneclick), rather than going through Google's pay method.
    But you can still buy them through the app as long as you have your Amazon account linked to your Comixology profile.
    Ah, that makes sense. That's not an option in iOS. So that does avoid the Apple/Google 30% cut, leaving a full 50% for the publisher and creative team.