Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Marvel Legacy revealed

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...iamond-summit/
    The Marvel meeting at the Diamond Summit in Chicago just broke. Press and phones were banned from the presentation to comic book retailers, and it wasnít just so that no retailer would get a recording of another Marvel exec talking about diversity.

They also talked about Marvel Legacy, teased recently, and what it will mean for a number of their titles,

So we will see the fall of Peter Parker and Parker Industries as part of the Spider-Man books.

Tying in thematically with Thor: Ragnarok, we will see the Return to Planet Hulk in the Hulk books.

And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man.

But this is not a crossover, not an event, not a mini-series, more of a rebranding. There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but thatís it. Itís kickstarting the Bleeding Cool-rumoured ďMake Mine MarvelĒ. Marvel confirmed that, yes, as Bleeding Cool reported they are returning some titles to their legacy numbering, while still crafting the titles to be new reader friendly. And there will be a handout explaining how each title gets to the issue number they arrive at.

And while there is some factor of moving back to some kind of Nuts and Bolts for certain characters, they insist this will not be at the expense of any of the newer diverse characters.

And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL. David Gabriel didnít give it more than a passing comment without context, but it was a result of the recent internet discussions about diversity at Marvel. It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.
    So, pretty much the same thing we have now, but ripping off Rebirth as a starting move.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

The image of Wolverine is the old blue and yellow, but when he actually comes back I hope they give him something along the color-scheme of the Byrne brown costume. (the actual costume with the big red belt and brown underpants probably won't fly these days as Marvel and DC have been moving away from the "underpants" costumes)

It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay

Nice to hear

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The image of Wolverine is the old blue and yellow, but when he actually comes back I hope they give him something along the color-scheme of the Byrne brown costume. (the actual costume with the big red belt and brown underpants probably won't fly these days as Marvel and DC have been moving away from the "underpants" costumes)
    I agree. Just because it was his first costume doesn't mean it was his best...because it wasn't. He originally got that color scheme to match the Michigan Wolverine's uniforms which makes absolutely no sense for a Canadian character. I always loved the brown costume and thought it looked so much better. Plus...wolverine's are brown!

We knew Parker Industries was coming apart for a while now, but good to have it confirmed .

I notice they didn't mention anything about the Captain America's, which still leaves Steve's fate in doubt. And what's going to happen to Thor (Odinson).

I'm guessing the trip to Sakaar (movie synergy for the win) will tie-in to Banner's resurrection, and whatever was going on with Skaar at the end of the funeral issue for The Hulk. I also notice they said "Hulk Books," so I'm wondering if that means Jen's book will tie-in to this?

Curious to see which books move back to their legacy numbering. And how handy of Marvel to have a handbook ready to explain how they got to said numbering .

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The blue and yellow is probably too iconic for Logan not come back to it at some point, especially since Laura's not using it anymore.

"And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man."

I wish I could get excited for this...but this means nothing if we don't get a creative team shake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    "And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man."

I wish I could get excited for this...but this means nothing if we don't get a creative team shake up.
    Maybe that'll be Bendis' bow-out from the Iron Man books.

Do a big crossover with the two Iron Man books and then bring Tony back for the next writer to do whatever they want.

Of course it would be kind of hilarious (if disappointing) if he then goes back to writing Tony as Iron Man again .

Amazing Member

I applaud the move to return selected titles to their legacy renumbering. Doing so celebrates, and honors, not only the history of the Marvel Universe, but also of Marvel as a publisher. So that will go a long way in rebuilding my faith in them. Really though, it all depends on the creative teams. Once those are announced I'll have a much better idea of what titles I'll go with moving forward.

The one thing that kinda has me bummed is the Return to Planet Hulk. Why on earth do we need to retread that old ground again? It was done perfectly the first time. They have the perfect set-up with Banner being dead. They can resurrect him. But have everyone believe he is dead. He decides to stay that way until he can finally rid himself of the Hulk, or finds a new means to control him (perhaps the trauma of being killed and brought back has made the Hulk persona uncontrollable and resulted in a new savage form).

The Marvel Universe believes the new Hulk isn’t Banner since he is dead (which you can pull off if you create a new form not seen before). So they don't feel the need to investigate further, but Shield and the US Army work to track and contain this new Hulk. It honors the traditional format that most audiences and readers know, but it has the added element of Banner coming back from the dead, dealing with that and the fact he was taken out by those he considered his friends, and a new Hulk persona he does understand or can control.

I think mar-vell and Jean grey are the only two I think that'll stay dead for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We knew Parker Industries was coming apart for a while now, but good to have it confirmed .

I notice they didn't mention anything about the Captain America's, which still leaves Steve's fate in doubt. And what's going to happen to Thor (Odinson).

I'm guessing the trip to Sakaar (movie synergy for the win) will tie-in to Banner's resurrection, and whatever was going on with Skaar at the end of the funeral issue for The Hulk. I also notice they said "Hulk Books," so I'm wondering if that means Jen's book will tie-in to this?

Curious to see which books move back to their legacy numbering. And how handy of Marvel to have a handbook ready to explain how they got to said numbering .

The blue and yellow is probably too iconic for Logan not come back to it at some point, especially since Laura's not using it anymore.
    So basically, spider man is returning to status quo. Ugh. This is where i'll be getting off. But- what happened to skaar after banners funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think mar-vell and Jean grey are the only two I think that'll stay dead for obvious reasons.
    And like i've said before, re- booting mar-vell is the only reason i'd be okay with a relaunch.

Astonishing Member

Amadeus can control his change to the Hulk and still has his own personality and intellect in Hulk form. So why can't Bruce? Has that ever been done before, Bruce being able to switch to Hulk form at will retaining his intellect instead of another personality taking over?

Amazing Member

Didn’t Bendis say "The story of Riri is the one I really wanted to tell?" I vaguely remember reading that somewhere. Because it came across as him not really being interested in Tony. Well, at the time anyway.

But yeah, it might benefit from someone else coming onboard. Same with Spider-man. DC could have kept Snyder and Capullo on Batman in Rebirth. But they decided to go in a new direction with King. If Marvel is really serious about this, they need to do likewise. What's the point if it's the same writer's that we have on the books now?

Amazing Member

Yes. It has. Back in the 70's he could for a period. He also did in Incredible Hulks a few years back.

With being killed and brought back, now is a perfect time to do another form of the Hulk. No way those emotions and feelings don't manifest into a Hulk that is more vicious and uncontrollable.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-20-2017 at 08:11 PM.

-Planet Hulk 2? Why?
    -No more PI? Yay.
    -Tony is coming back, cool, it means Bendis IM will have a short tenure. I feel Bendis never really cared about Tony.