Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 364
  1. #16
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,392

    Default


  2. #17
    Incredible Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Planet Hulk 2? Eh alright
    Fall of Peter Parker can work, but doesn't that make Spectacular Spider-Man redundant? Cause then there'll be two Spider-Man books doing the exact same thing?
    Resurrection of Tony Stark was obvious, I assume full return of Thor is close behind.

    I do find it really funny that they mention they'll be releasing handouts in order to explain the legacy numbering. That says how confusing it is when you need an extra book to understand the order
    Current Reading List: Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Batman/TMNT Adventures, Spider-Gwen, Unbelievable Gwenpool, Hawkeye, Hulk, U.S.Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Secret Empire, Secret Warriors, I Am Groot
    Future: Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Edge Of Venomverse
    DC: Batman, The Flash, Green Lanterns, Batgirl, Superman, Suicide Squad

  3. #18
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    16,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Planet Hulk 2? Eh alright
    Fall of Peter Parker can work, but doesn't that make Spectacular Spider-Man redundant? Cause then there'll be two Spider-Man books doing the exact same thing?
    Resurrection of Tony Stark was obvious, I assume full return of Thor is close behind.

    I do find it really funny that they mention they'll be releasing handouts in order to explain the legacy numbering. That says how confusing it is when you need an extra book to understand the order
    I think that might explain why Spec seems to be turning into a team-up book, since ASM might be going back-to-basics on its own soon.

    Granted, I think you can have two solo Peter Parker Spider-Man books in the classic status quo we're likely going back to, but I can see why Marvel might not want to go in that direction.

  4. #19
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Well, it's not a new universe. LOL

    Feels like Rebirth, but we will have wait and see. I agree with everyone about the creative teams that will make or break it.

    Most importantly, will this boost Marvel's numbers ... not just with these titles but across the board.

    Added:
    Granted, I think you can have two solo Peter Parker Spider-Man books in the classic status quo we're likely going back to, but I can see why Marvel might not want to go in that direction
    Peter Parker should be able to carry two solo titles. However, if I were Marvel I would (for at least an experimental time) stick with one book per character and see what happens. Instead of selling 30k per book they might be able to get back to 70k and up.
    Last edited by stain; 04-20-2017 at 08:16 PM.

  5. #20
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that might explain why Spec seems to be turning into a team-up book, since ASM might be going back-to-basics on its own soon.

    Granted, I think you can have two solo Peter Parker Spider-Man books in the classic status quo we're likely going back to, but I can see why Marvel might not want to go in that direction.
    Yeah, before BND triple shipping Peter normally had multiple titles.

  6. #21
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stain View Post
    Well, it's not a new universe. LOL

    Feels like Rebirth, but we will have wait and see. I agree with everyone about the creative teams that will make or break it.

    Most importantly, will this boost Marvel's numbers ... not just with these titles but across the board.
    It depends on the overall product. fixing their core titles is the correct approach though among other things like taking a break from events.

  7. #22
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    -Planet Hulk 2? Why?
    -No more PI? Yay.
    -Tony is coming back, cool, it means Bendis IM will have a short tenure. I feel Bendis never really cared about Tony.
    I liked how he wrote Tony. I mean, its not my preferred characterization of Tony. But if we had to have an RDJ inspired version, Bendis certainly nailed it. But yeah, it felt like Bendis didn't have a clear story to tell with him.

    Shame Johns will probably never get around to writing the 60 plus issue outlines he has for Iron-man (a Marvel character he really wanted to write). Would love to see that.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-20-2017 at 08:24 PM.

  8. #23
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    It depends on the overall product. fixing their core titles is the correct approach though among other things like taking a break from events.
    Totally agree.

  9. #24
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Speaking of planet hulk and skaar is there a skaar son of hulk appreciation page?
    Last edited by Jovos2099; 04-20-2017 at 08:23 PM.

  10. #25
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    126

    Default

    I guess i'm in the minority with Parker and PI. I liked the 'new' Peter, and he was a junior Tony Stark for some people, but I was hoping that scientist/adventurer/business man/hero would stick.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Who says it won't? Nothing says he's going back to taking photos for the Bugle. He just won't be his own boss any more.

  12. #27
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Who says it won't? Nothing says he's going back to taking photos for the Bugle. He just won't be his own boss any more.
    Personally I think the Big Time status quo was perfect.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,128

    Default

    The return to planet hulk? Doesn't marvel remember that they completely blew up that planet and then got eaten by Galactus. I get with the movie why they would do that but technically it's not gonna work except putting Amadeus into Gladiator combat.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  14. #29
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Sifighter maybe sakaar is back for the same others have said either handwaved away with secret wars or that galactus brought sakaar back in his new role as the lifebringer.
    Last edited by Jovos2099; 04-20-2017 at 08:46 PM.

  15. #30
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    Speaking of planet hulk and skaar is there a skaar son of hulk appreciation page?
    Its old as Skaar hasn't appeared much lately. But its here.

    I'm hesitant about all this. At this point I'm not believing Marvel is bringing anyone back permanently until I actually see it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •