Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stain View Post
    Peter Parker should be able to carry two solo titles. However, if I were Marvel I would (for at least an experimental time) stick with one book per character and see what happens. Instead of selling 30k per book they might be able to get back to 70k and up.
    It has definitely worked over at DC with Batman. He only has two ongoing titles with Batman and Detective. Which works. In fact, even the pruning in the Green Lantern line has improved the quality there as well.

Amazing should carry on as is by focusing on the big stories and main developments. Spectacular then focuses on the supporting cast and social life (like originally intended).

The books Marvel need to return to original numbers and be the "core" books should be -

• Amazing Spider-man
    • The Avengers
    • Captain America
    • Invincible Iron-man
    • Incredible Hulk
    • The Mighty Thor
    • Daredevil
    • Spectacular needs another 10 issues until it hits 300.
    • Maybe count all the Doctor Strange titles as well? He must be up there with the amount of issues published.

The ship has sailed with Uncanny. Not even going to try with The Punisher lol.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-21-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    "And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man."

I wish I could get excited for this...but this means nothing if we don't get a creative team shake up.
    agreed. if Bendis wants to 'really' tell the story of his pet character, fine. just let someone else have Tony.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

[QUOTE=Inversed;2761862]
    Fall of Peter Parker can work, but doesn't that make Spectacular Spider-Man redundant? Cause then there'll be two Spider-Man books doing the exact same thing?

I honestly think the biggest reason for Spectacular Spider-Man is they want fresh blood writing the character but don't want Dan Slott to leave them.

Resurrection of Tony Stark was obvious, I assume full return of Thor is close behind.
    I hope they go slowly. It took three years to get to the current status quo. It would be jarring and reactionary if they go back overnight. I'd also say it's a bit different because it's fairly easy for Tony and Riri to co-exist (I'd also point out a return of Tony Stark doesn't necessarily mean a full return of Iron Man as he was before). A full return of Odinson to Thor effectively means the end of Jane's Thor.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Amadeus can control his change to the Hulk and still has his own personality and intellect in Hulk form. So why can't Bruce? Has that ever been done before, Bruce being able to switch to Hulk form at will retaining his intellect instead of another personality taking over?
    Maybe Bruce's Hulk is more primal than Cho's, being activated by rage. Cho's flaw is pride, so maybe that's why he's more articulate in his Hulk form and his intelligence is compromised by his ego.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    -Planet Hulk 2? Why?
    Thor: Ragnarok. Like how last year there was the Civil War film and Marvel did Civil War II as their big Summer event.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    agreed. if Bendis wants to 'really' tell the story of his pet character, fine. just let someone else have Tony.
    He's also got another Pet Project with the Spider-Men sequel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It has definitely worked over at DC with Batman. He only has two ongoing titles with Batman and Detective. Which works. In fact, even the pruning in the Green Lantern line has improved the quality there as well.

Amazing should carry on as is by focusing on the big stories and main developments. Spectacular then focuses on the supporting cast and social life (like originally intended).

The books Marvel need to return to original numbers and be the "core" books should be -

Amazing Spider-man
    The Avengers
    Captain America
    Invincible Iron-man
    Incredible Hulk
    The Mighty Thor
    Daredevil
    Spectacular needs another 10 issues until it hits 300.
    Maybe count all the Doctor Strange titles as well? He must be up there with the amount of issues published.

Strange's count depends, as some of his books are called Strange Tales, which of course were usually double features. Should those count? The original Strange Tales counted for his first volume's numbering.

I actually think that they'll add to or replace some of the current 10 X-books. Uncanny and New Mutants getting added (NM because of the movie, Uncanny because of the legacy numbering thing), as others start to get cancelled (wouldn't be surprised if that happened to one or two of the solos or Generation X - they could even possibly decide to replace Gold after the Syaf fiasco).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Strange's count depends, as some of his books are called Strange Tales, which of course were usually double features. Should those count? The original Strange Tales counted for his first volume's numbering.

I actually think that they'll add to or replace some of the current 10 X-books. Uncanny and New Mutants getting added (NM because of the movie, Uncanny because of the legacy numbering thing), as others start to get cancelled (wouldn't be surprised if that happened to one or two of the solos or Generation X - they could even possibly decide to replace Gold after the Syaf fiasco).
    The original Strange Tales should count for Dr Strange, in those double feature comics you have his origin story, debuts of long time characters, his journey tales, etc.

I'm a big fan of '70s Dr Strange (particularly his comic with Dracula, that story arc is great), but sometimes it's just fun to read those old Strange Tales. Oddly enough they packed more story in one of those 1/2 comics than they do in 2 to 3 today. If you are looking for a good read, the first 14 issues of Dr Strange ('74) are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

• Amazing Spider-man
    • The Avengers
    • Captain America
    • Invincible Iron-man
    • Incredible Hulk
    • The Mighty Thor
    • Daredevil
    • Spectacular needs another 10 issues until it hits 300.
    • Maybe count all the Doctor Strange titles as well? He must be up there with the amount of issues published.

If Spectacular is about to hit 300, then it should become a Spider-Family book. Where they can bring back people like Anya Corazon and 1610!Jessica Drew and have them interact with Silk or Miles Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    If Spectacular is about to hit 300, then it should become a Spider-Family book. Where they can bring back people like Anya Corazon and 1610!Jessica Drew and have them interact with Silk or Miles Morales.
    I'd rather they make a separate book or revive another Satellite (like maybe Web of Spider-Man) then turn Spec into the Spider-Man equivalent of Detective Comics.

Granted, it already seems like it's turning into a team-up book so just making it a full-on Web Warriors book probably isn't that far a stretch at this point .

Of course, none of this sounds remotely like what the book was originally advertised as, but I guess that's the business these days...

[QUOTE=Mike_Murdock;2762367]
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Fall of Peter Parker can work, but doesn't that make Spectacular Spider-Man redundant? Cause then there'll be two Spider-Man books doing the exact same thing?

I honestly think the biggest reason for Spectacular Spider-Man is they want fresh blood writing the character but don't want Dan Slott to leave them.

I hope they go slowly. It took three years to get to the current status quo. It would be jarring and reactionary if they go back overnight. I'd also say it's a bit different because it's fairly easy for Tony and Riri to co-exist (I'd also point out a return of Tony Stark doesn't necessarily mean a full return of Iron Man as he was before). A full return of Odinson to Thor effectively means the end of Jane's Thor.
    But they could, and maybe should give Odinson his own book, nothing against Jane, I like The Mighty Thor, but it would be smart to give Odinson his own separated book, the only thing I can see against it would be if Aaron has plans for the character that requires him to be on the background.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

The biggest loss for me is Parker Industries. I'm a big Spider-Man fan, but I might drop the book for a while if its just status quo.
    At least they're doing something semi-new with Planet Hulk things.

I doubt Marvel will make many changes other than a few resurrections. I wonder what fans will complain about after this?
    Amazing Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, and All New Guardians of The Galaxy. I can't stay away from single issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather they make a separate book or revive another Satellite (like maybe Web of Spider-Man) then turn Spec into the Spider-Man equivalent of Detective Comics.

Granted, it already seems like it's turning into a team-up book so just making it a full-on Web Warriors book probably isn't that far a stretch at this point .

Of course, none of this sounds remotely like what the book was originally advertised as, but I guess that's the business these days...
    Spectacular does seem to be the new version of Avenging Spider-Man and Marvel Team-Up, based on the solicit for #2, which mentions Ironheart.

You know, I think Anya should've guest starred in the Silk finale. The enemy Cindy was fighting was part of the Spider Society. Anya is the expert on them, as it's through them that she originally became Arana.

Another satellite book does sound like a good idea. It could rotate the Spider cast members like how Avengers Assemble did with the Avengers in the Hickman era.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-21-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    -Planet Hulk 2? Why?
    -No more PI? Yay.
    -Tony is coming back, cool, it means Bendis IM will have a short tenure. I feel Bendis never really cared about Tony.
    I feel the opposite. He writes a great Stark, you can tell he has an affinity for him just for that. But going all the way back to New Avengers the guy has been writing Tony for well over a decade. An even when bringing in a new character he still went out of his way to bring in a version of Stark so he could continue writing him.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Maybe Bruce's Hulk is more primal than Cho's, being activated by rage. Cho's flaw is pride, so maybe that's why he's more articulate in his Hulk form and his intelligence is compromised by his ego.
    So, what'll happen to the new she hulk?