Spectacular Member

Default Future's End Reading Order

I'm currently going through Future's end at the moment and the third (and final book) closes on a cliffhanger. I've seen a couple people say it picks back up in convergence but others say it goes to the earth 2 books.

Does anyone know the full reading order of the arc?

Cheers
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

Mighty Member

Earth 2: World's End started in September/October 2014, and doesn't have any significant contribution to Futures End. World's End was a second Earth 2 title, like Futures End being released weekly, while the main Earth 2 title was monthly. World's End covers a different set of characters than Earth 2, but both titles in that period cover the invasion of Earth 2 by Darkseid and his forces which concludes in the final issue of World's End. This in turn leads into the main Convergence title, which leads into Earth 2: Society. World's End is collected in two TPBs while the core Convergence issues have their own trade. The general consensus however is that this was a period of creative slump for Earth 2, so if you choose to read them I'd recommend getting the TPBs from a library. You personally may like it, hate it or be utterly indifferent, but you won't know until you read it.

Meanwhile Futures End ends on a cliffhanger which is picked up in the 2015 run of Batman Beyond, with the Futures End version of Tim Drake in the 35 Years Later timeframe from Futures End (with some changes due to Terry and Brother Eye's interference in the Five Years Later timeframe). This run of Batman Beyond is collected in three trade paperbacks, all available now: Vol. 1 Brave New Worlds (which wraps up what Futures End left hanging), Vol. 2 City of Yesterday and Vol. 3 Wired for Death (which includes Batman Beyond: Rebirth #1, the starting point for the Batman Beyond Rebirth title, up to issue 6 and the first trade comes out end of June).
    Last edited by jbmasta; 04-21-2017 at 01:34 AM.

Spectacular Member

brilliant! Thanks a lot, will look into them now!
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review